It's the final moments of old Azeroth in World of Wacraft as MMO-Champion eariler today announced that the shattering will be taking place this week. This means that there isn't much time left to take your last screenshot memories of the old world.
"Let's confirm this, yes, Patch 4.0.3a will be deployed on live servers this week and will change the world of Azeroth forever. You only have a few hours left to say good bye to the old world (and farm try to get that stupid mount in Zul'gurub) before Deathwing decides that it needs a new look. All the information and the official patch notes are available below.
Get ready for the biggest change you ever witnessed in World of Warcraft, and enjoy!
What's in Patch 4.0.3a
Sammew posted an interesting list of the features you should and should not expect in Patch 4.0.3a on the official forums. Zarhym also jumped in, and announced a 20% reduction to the XP required to gain levels from 71 to 80.
What is not in:
- Creating worgen/goblin characters
- Worgen/Goblin start zones
- Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
- Guild leveling
- Guild achievements
- Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
- New Zones (80+)
What is in:
- Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
- Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
- New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
- New Gnome/Troll starting areas
- Changes to existing zones
- New cata load screens
- New cata intro cinematic
- New cata login screen
- New music
- City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
- Bug fixes
- Class balancing
- Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
- Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%-New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)"
See MMO-Champion for the full details of this game changing patch!