Global Agenda Introduces Free-To-Play Options
Hi-Rez Studios today announced that "Global Agenda: Free Agent", the latest update to the Shooter MMO, will enable free-to-play access to all of the game's current playable content and levels with no purchase required.
The version 1.4 Free Agent update, expected to go live in mid-April, will support free play across all character classes through level 50. This update also introduces a new Dome Defense Raid as high-level player content, a CTF- style Mercenary PvP game-mode with pilotable robots, revised skill-trees across all four character classes, and other changes and content.
For an optional one-time purchase of $19.99 USD (£13.99 GBP, €15.99 EUR), players may upgrade to Elite Agent status, which will accelerate the rate of earning character levels, gear, and currency and also grant access to premium features such as the login priority, auction house and in-game mail. All players that have previously purchased Global Agenda will be automatically upgraded to Elite Agent status.
"Global Agenda has never required a monthly subscription to play and, for a while now, we have offered a generous free trial for the game." said Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. "Our experience with the limited free trial has demonstrated to us the great demand among free-to-play gamers for a AAA-quality Shooter MMO like Global Agenda. We believe this latest change will further broaden the game's popularity and appeal."
"With this change, we allow players to experience all of the game's current content and levels for free. We've done this in a way that ensures that free players do not have to spend real money to compete on a level playing field with those who do, while still rewarding those loyal players and fans that have purchased the game or otherwise supported the game."
Effective immediately, until the Free Agent expansion launches:
• Global Agenda is available for $19.99 (£13.99 GBP, €15.99 EUR)
• Upon release of the Free Agent expansion, any player who has purchased Global Agenda will automatically be upgraded to Elite Agent status
Below is a summary of the differences between Free and Elite versions of the game:
• No Level Restriction
• Ability to earn all of the game's current items without spending real money.
• Access to all of the game's current playable content, including:
o Sonoran Desert Open Zone
o Special Ops PvE (1- to 4-person Co-Op)
o 10v10 Mercenary PvP
o 4v4 Arena PvP
o Double Agent PvPE
o 10-person Defense Raids (including the new Dome Defense Mission coming in version 1.4).
o Agency vs Agency Gameplay (AvA)
Elite Agent - One-time purchase of $19.99 (£13.99 GBP, €15.99 EUR)
• Earn End-of-Mission XP at twice the rate of a Free-to-Play user
• Earn End-of-Mission Credits and Tokens at twice the rate of a Free-Play user
• Earn End-of-Mission Elite Loot upon winning an instanced PvE or PvP match
• Choose which PvP game types you would like to play when queuing for Mercenary PvP.
• Access the Auction House
• Access In-Game Mail
• Less restrictive chat capabilities
• No ads for in-game voice
• Ability to create Agencies
• Higher Login priority
Both Free-to-Play and Elite Agent players can optionally purchase Boosters within the Global Agenda webstore. For a timed period, Boosters will:
• Double XP, Tokens and Credits earned in Game
• Provide 2,000 tokens a day for free
This is one of a few games that have chosen this week to annouce their free to play options. Just yesterday the staff at OnRPG heard word of Ragnarok Online opening up free to play servers. For more information check out our press release here.