Neverdaunt:8bit To Go Open Beta
Neverdaunt:8Bit is a PC game set in a 8 bit stylized 3D world made out of blocks. A Sandbox MMO where the world is ever changing, since it is entirely shaped by its players. Players can compete for control over areas and are free to build as they wish, with blocks and Tronics. There are no character classes or levels, the Power-up you chose, your knowledge, and items you wear define your abilities. With no preset quests, players can choose their own goals, allowing them to play and create without restriction, making every players experience a different one.
"...created a virtual world that fosters creativity as well as conflict, and the way this all ties in together is just too amazing for words" -Player, Tzeryushi
For all its features and updates, it is surprisingly made by just one developer, Calvin Goble. Neverdaunt:8bit is currently in open beta, and is not feature complete.
Unique Neverdaunt Features
- No $ Advantage: All buyable items have zero effect on game play, so no one can have an upper hand simply because they paid.
- Epic Items: These are one of a kind items that have special abilities or are more powerful then regular items. Your chance to get one is: when it drops because the person who had it is killed or was offline too long, or by finding where it was hidden, some APC's have them too!
- APC's or Actor Player Characters: These are human controlled characters who have their own stories, motivations, and personalities. they offer a completely unique game play experience for the players lucky enough to come across them.
- Tronics: Tronics are an in game visual programming language that lets you make traps, lock things with passwords, animate blocks, etc.
- Blocks & Block Packs: Everywhere you look, blocks are what the world is made of. you start with the basic building pieces, and can buy extra packs through the shop, when a new block pack is released to the shop, everyone automatically gets to try it out!
- Social Consequences: Players have the ability to do things like take other players' building space, and kill other players. Because of this, how you act, your friends and foes, affects your game experience.
- Character Customization: Your colors, voice pitch, and clothing patterns are all changeable, and you can wear up to four hats and a sword to modify your look even more, Cthulu Santa is brandishing a squeaky hammer!?
"There are no official rules, people in game may make and enforce there own rules creating an interesting open gameplay environment." -Player Weasel,