Runes of Magic Mini Review
Runes of Magic is a free-to-play MMORPG with a cash shop. Game content is regularly updated, making many of the player reviews you find out-of-date. A new major game update, Chapter 3, is being released starting Apr 2010.
1. Beautiful graphics, ambient sounds/music
2. Crafting system
3. Player housing, guild castles and storage
4. Smooth WASD and mouse movements, also jumping, swimming, and mounts
5. Thousands of rewarding quests and epic quest lines
6. Instances (definition: separate dungeons created for each party)
7. 2 races, human and elf (new race coming)
8. Customizable character creation
9. GvG, PartyvsParty (new updates being released to improve these features)
10. Auction House to sell player wares
11. Diverse, upgradable skills
12. Macros and add-on use enabled
13. Magic spells don't have increased cast times when attacked (unless the attack is this type of buff)
14. Dual class system allows you to switch back and forth between 2 different classes any time you visit a city, gaining access to unique class combination skills. This great feature allows you to play the 2 classes you desire without making multiple characters and keeps you from getting bored. (Ever wish you could play a tank that can heal yourself? now you can!)
This is a quest-leveling game, with endgame focused on instances, gear, and the various gvg/pvp options. For endgame gear, using the cash shop is recommended (or you can buy gear from players), but Runes of Magic has provided ways of using the cash shop without spending money--so don't skip this game because of a cash shop.
The game moderators also run special events frequently with prizes, and when a bug occurs (usually after a patch or new content introduced) the bug usually gets fixed the next patch or sooner.
This is a high-quality free-to-play game. *If you only like to grind/dungeon/pvp, this game might not be for you.* Instances are run for gear/money/quests and more, but not for experience points to level. Otherwise, I highly recommend it.
The op must work for them...
As to this day in-game and outside the game on the forums everyone complains about this game. The game has no support what-so-ever. If you complain about anything at all in-game through the support system or outside the game, often times you will be banned.
They ban you for reporting harrassment, they ban you for making statements, they ban you for any made up reason they can. If it means they will have to work for their money, they will ban you.
Surely no REAL person can play this game for long and not figure that out.So the OP must be a plant. Guess they would rather spend their time surfing the net and making untrue posts about their game, rather than fix any problems they have in-game.
This game is not f2p anymore.The diamonds were removed from the AH over 2 months ago and will not be coming back. It takes over 6 yrs. to get enough in-game daily tokens to have end game equipment, so where is the f2p? There is none and they are just lying, along with the OP.
Go play a game that has a sub and play on even ground with everyone else, get real support and not ban happy, greedy idiots ruining the game for everyone.Each new update is broken and never fixed. That is the true state of this game. Don't say you were not warned, I just told ya.
Now back to looking for a REAL game...