Looks really really boring : /
Graphic style is just eww. From a distance almost everyone looks the same. And it seems liek they are going for the same class system they used in all the elder scrolls games which I dont think it works well for a MMO : /
Eeeeeh, can't say anything impressed me. All the trailer did was remind me of GW2 WvW, which tells me it's likely going to have the same issues that GW2 WvW has.
Out of all the upcoming major MMOs, the only one that even slightly interests me is EQ Next
Meh they burned me when they said action combat was impossible in a mmorpg a while back when they first announced it then they switched to the "soft" aim combat which i'm not a huge fan of, that being said i'm sure i'll somehow get roped into playing it anyways haha, maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised since my hype level is in the negative.
The one who needs to keep their opinion to themselves would be you, as your assumption that "everyone" agrees with you about what you think of ESO is completely and hopelessly ignorant. :facepalm: I was not "extremely disappointed" by ESO and in fact I very much enjoyed the game, even in its unfinished state, and I look forward to its official release.
Originally Posted by invadertim
Originally Posted by tiger1526
- Based on Facebook data: Guild Wars 2 has ~1,000,000 likes. Elder Scrolls Online has ~1,600,000.
- GW2 has been out for almost 2 years.
- ESO is in closed beta.
- ESO attracts users from multiple platforms.
- GW2 is a sequel to a existing franchise. GW1 sold ~7,000,000 copies. GW2 has sold ~3,500,000.
- ESO is part of an existing franchise. Skyrim has sold ~11,000,000. I cant find accurate numbers for Oblivion or Marrowind.
Guild Wars has respectable numbers but Elder Scrolls is clearly the more popular franchise.
But does that really matter?
Bethesda is going into uncharted territory by making an MMO. There's no guarantee it will translate well.