Thread: Spreading Infection?

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 25

Those are fake anti virus programs that are actually virus's themselves. Dont trust anything that isnt big name brand like AVAST, AVG, the other big anti viruses without googling them.'

i think the real question here is why its appearing on your launcher as I usually see these types of things from pop up ads and stuff.

and you have a pretty well hidden virus there mate.

also one of the big give aways is that you have Windows 7 and the virus pop up thing has the Windows XP visual style lol.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 16

Haha yeah. I knew it was fake as soon as I saw it.

And yeah, I have nooo clue where this sucker is especially since nothing picked it up >.<.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 23

system restore then safemode then scan with malwarebytes antimalware, and etc

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

The reason as to why it does not get detected, is because the program install itself onto your computer as a legitimate security software when it is in fact not.

I got hit with a similar virus as well, I just reformatted since reinstalling windows 7 only took 3 minutes, and reinstalling my app takes a few hours. I rather no trust system restore when a virus or trojan is involve. if an app messes up duringing installation or uninstallation, then I will use system restore.

Back then, I use to be against windows' UAC, but these days I leave it on because I want to know everything that is happening on my pc. It's abit more work, but the results speaks for itself.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 16

Would the virus have installed without my consent/knowledge?

Is reformatting the best option? I've got lots of files and it'll be a pain to re download everything D:

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Whoa there are viruses that can both PC and MAC?