Why do you like Guild Wars?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

Default Why do you like Guild Wars?

Just like the title says, why do you like Guild Wars? I have Guild Wars Prophecies and Nightfall both. I was told by hundreds of people that this game was great. I myself couldn't get into it. The whole idea of there being no open world and everything being instanced is a big turn off, but definitely nothing to keep me from playing a game. You can't jump, again a big turn off, but certainly not something that will prevent someone from playing a game. I got my guy up to level 14 E/N. I did it all solo, for a game with millions of people playing it sure is hard to find a group. But anyway, I'm not trying to flame Guild Wars, I just want to know WHY people like it. I'm hoping that from reading the responses I'll learn some things I didn't know. Like for example, maybe the game only gets good after max level, that's the case sometimes I know. Or maybe someone can explain how there is PvP but yet there is no open world, that doesn't make sense. Do you fight in town or something? Anyway tell me why this game is good please, because I can't find the good in it. But I've played MMOS, hated them, then gave them 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chances, and ended up loving them. I already spent my money, I would like to get into this game if possible.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger and counting...

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons and counting...

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS, and counting...

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

Well i dont realy know but the pvp is that gvg (guild vs guild) and i dont realy know much about the game (had it for over 3 years now, call me noob) well i started playing a little now and then and i think it just got funnier then it was before so give it a little time maybe then you will like it.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

maybe cause the game is awsome? i have all 3 games and 8 lvl 20's but that doesnt mean the game is over it just means u have most ur stat points(then u do the att quests to get the last 30) and yes the game is not opened ended like COH of WOW but who wants to wander around for an hour trying to find a quest person? and u can find a group for certain mishs or if u have a guild u can ask them for help on quests. most groups are for hard things like FOW(fissure of woe) or tomb of the primeval kings. now i odnt PVP but i have done it quite a few times for an old guild i was in. there are certain places for u to PVP,GVG,RA(random arenas),or AB(alliance battle). also the way armor is set up in this game is one of the sole reason i play. u dont pick up armor pieces and put them on just cause. u actually have to play and get to certain places for awsome armor then craft it which costs money,and crafting materials. if u like dungeons and stuff then u should get EOTN(eye of the north) the only GW actual expansion not a whole game. it has dungeons and harder quests/mishs. also GW2 is in production so a lot will be changed in it. what else do u want to know? i can tell u anythign about it since i have been playing since beta of the orginal GW proph.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 11

Just wait for GW2, it will be the most amazing game, EVER!

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Well the game is very fun first off. Just fun. That is a main reason why i like it. Otherwise, the great different features that distinguish it from other mmorpgs are that it has fun arena pvping and the missions are just epic. I love the strategy it takes. Also i do agree that GW2 will be epic if they can make it not generic. Only thing that sounds etchy is the no lvl cap or whatever it is...

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

Why do you like Guild Wars?
    Well... i love the community and the gameplay.

well about you not getting into it....
    Most of the fun in the game you get from other players (wen played in group) knowing u did it all solo... (i guess it is the reason itself)

so you played a lot of MMOS... you know... Massive Multiplayer Online yay did i say Multiplayer? guess we can't have fun playing a Multiplayer game alone can we?
    Or maybe someone can explain how there is PvP but yet there is no open world, that doesn't make sense. Do you fight in town or something?
    yay did u ever tryed Guild Wars Pvp??
    wen u creat a new char i guess you can read something like PvE / PvP char
    humm so it isnt that hard creat a lvl 20 pvp char and try it out is it?
    or mabby was hard enter in a Random Arenas Match... the button is a litle small mabby you didnt c it...

I play this game for 3 years i have Proph Factions NF and EOTN... and its a gr8 game to play

IGN:Troublemaker Rev

Talking

Free to play, no grind, gorgeous environmental art, amazing PvP, the choice to solo or group, PvE and PvP titles, huge variety in avatars and clothing, earn unique cool stuff via PvP or PvE...

What's not to love?

I played Guild Wars since the beta--over three solid years of amazing entertainment for the cost of a mere three boxes. About $150 or $4 a month. That's incredible entertainment value!

Yes, I am a fanbois and this my first post on Onrpg. This is a question I can never resist answering.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 30

Honestly, in what game where you had a jump button, when was it required and not just flavor? I love GW because it's still going strong since release, if not stronger, flexible class system, the developers listen, they aren't afraid to change things, the scenery is beautiful, the PvP isn't a steaming pile of crap, in fact I love it.

Sure, level cap of 20. Big whoop, it makes everything able to have a baseline an makes PvP *gasp* balanced. And I played it initially BECAUSE you didn't need to party. I can be as social or as lonely as I want, and still get shit done. And no, everything doesn't need to require real people, especially with the addon of heroes. Hell, I even got Legendary Survivor on a Ritualist Healer playing solo.

And as for it being buy and then f2p, that's great. No obligations to keep playing, can take a break, none of this "Making sure you play enough to get your money's worth."
    I've played the other stuff, and keep finding myself just coming back to GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Riyel View Post
    ...I even got Legendary Survivor on a Ritualist Healer playing solo.
    Gratz! Impressive.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
    Gratz! Impressive.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to brag, was just trying to show you can do anything alone. And thank you. ^_^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast