Why do you like Guild Wars?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

i play it coz i love the storylines, much better than any other game i have played, like wow i also like the cinimatics for the game. but most of all what i like about it is that fact that you can make a pvp char or a normal char =3

Guild Wars is simply not the same kind of MMORPG, Guild Wars is not a skill-smacking game, Guild Wars isn't like MMORPGs like WoW, WAR, Lotro, and stuff...

Instances? well instances are made for the kind of gameplay Guild Wars offers, the path till lvl 20 (max) is quite short, whilst in other games it may take alot of time. Once at lvl 20, dungeons (EotN) and co-op missions become the most important part of the game. Farming, bossing, owning requires a great amount of concentration, you only have the ability to use 8 Skills at the same time (called build) so using them properly is very important.

As for the PvP, Guild Wars doesen't offer a huge 100vs100 or sumthing battle, Guild Wars PvP is the maximum expression of what i mean before, 8 payers, 8 skills per player, they all have to combine and armonize to make a good "team".

With this i wanna show you what's different in Guild Wars.

Hope you actually understood anything

Rock Man Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by WebSite View Post
    Guild Wars is simply not the same kind of MMORPG, Guild Wars is not a skill-smacking game, Guild Wars isn't like MMORPGs like WoW, WAR, Lotro, and stuff...

Instances? well instances are made for the kind of gameplay Guild Wars offers, the path till lvl 20 (max) is quite short, whilst in other games it may take alot of time. Once at lvl 20, dungeons (EotN) and co-op missions become the most important part of the game. Farming, bossing, owning requires a great amount of concentration, you only have the ability to use 8 Skills at the same time (called build) so using them properly is very important.

As for the PvP, Guild Wars doesen't offer a huge 100vs100 or sumthing battle, Guild Wars PvP is the maximum expression of what i mean before, 8 payers, 8 skills per player, they all have to combine and armonize to make a good "team".

With this i wanna show you what's different in Guild Wars.

Hope you actually understood anything

Well said good sir.

~GUILD WARS 2 <3 Level 80: Warrior, Level 80: Ranger~
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by WebSite View Post
    I couldn't help myself but to register on the forum when i saw this thread, Guild Wars has been my most played game over the past four years, and never gets boring. As you see in the quote this game isn't about 'skill-smacking' instead you actually have to use skills that work together, something i really didn't like about WoW... the fact you can use 300 skills at the same time and just hope they work... not my idea of 'professional' gameplay if you ask me

I could go on for days about GW, i have all the games+expansion and until recently had my own guild and alliance. If you find the right Guild/Alliance for you then it can make the game very enjoyable, you can meet some funny people who play more socially, unlike WoW, were if you didn't know about some tiny little details you were instantly outcast as a noob that really go on my nerves... but yes, anyone who plays GW look me up in-game, my main is 'Goya Of England' - Just add me

Thanks for reading my ramble haha,
    Scott

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    Just like the title says, why do you like Guild Wars?
    well no monthly fee and the games graphics are not to far behind. it has something for everyone in my opnion. PvP PvE and a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by proph View Post
    I got my guy up to level 14 E/N. I did it all solo, for a game with millions of people playing it sure is hard to find a group.
    ive really never had issues finding a party be it for missions or random. the community is generally very helpful and friendly.

maybe someone can explain how there is PvP but yet there is no open world, that doesn't make sense. Do you fight in town or something?
    PvP works in arenas, theres quite a few options. Random arenas, competitive missions, GvG, Alliance Battles, Hero battles. All of them take a different approach.[/quote]

Anyway tell me why this game is good please, because I can't find the good in it. But I've played MMOS, hated them, then gave them 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chances, and ended up loving them. I already spent my money, I would like to get into this game if possible.
    my best advice stick around till after 20, if you have an interest in PvP that PvE character will help you unlock things, which i usually suggest making a pvp character for. Also having friends or a guild to play with make the game way more enjoyable.

Current Games

Guild Wars - Werk The Witch
    AA3 - WERK_theWARLOCK
    Exteel - WERKtheWARLOCK

eRupublik

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

i think guild wars would make a great console game...

Just made an xfire X_X

Currently Playing:World of Warcraft,Cabal Online, Latale,CSS, Xbox: Gears 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3
    www.Kongregate.com (densendoku)

Previously played:Guild Wars, Flyff, Runescape, Maplestory, Gunz, Gunbound, Rappelz, Lunia

Monster hunter ^_^ -over 900 hours across all the psp titles. maybe gonna get the new 2g that ive had for months out of japan...

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

i dont know the binds for skills would be odd to emulate into a controller effectivly

Current Games

Guild Wars - Werk The Witch
    AA3 - WERK_theWARLOCK
    Exteel - WERKtheWARLOCK

eRupublik

Banned Reputation: 13

i like it because of the skill it has! it only has 20 levels, unlike other games like runescape or wow were you spend hours plowing your levels up those games take no skill. like in runescape were theres all pures in the pvp zones.. and on top of that guild wars is actually fun while pvping, even if you lose you still have a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by weRk View Post
    i dont know the binds for skills would be odd to emulate into a controller effectivly
    BTW you can always use the arrows to switch through skills and press R2 (in 360 case Right Trigger) to use the spell , and you can press L2(again 360 left bumper) to attack with a weapon, also you can use 1 analog stick for walking and 1 for the screen, it would be a good idea...but im pretty sure Blizzard would beat GW at it
    Last edited by Jaskaran; 07-04-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123