Warhammer online who is going to play? OB or Gold?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Staff Admin Reputation: 29

Default Warhammer online who is going to play? OB or Gold?

Well now is as good of a time as any. I am wondering if we can get a list of all people who will be playing the Open Beta, or Release of this game. I am currently in a strict guild but would be nice for most OnRPG members to play on the same server as the beginning so we can keep communication and help up around here. As well state what class and "army" you will be since that matters here just as much as it does in WoW. Post which you will be doing and if you will be doing the Preview weekend/Pre-release.

OnRPG Name/In game name wanted/Army,race,class (all is one but makes it easier for those new to know)/What you will be playing in/anything extra

Lothia/Lothia/Order, Empire, Warrior Priest/Playing Preview, Pre-relase/Open Beta and Gold/Guild is Tall ORder for Order only.

Moderator since Aug 2004. I am a guy.
    Email me at lothia@gmail.com
    FFXI Tsukisa: 60pld/30War (retired)
    The OnRPG War

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 14

Morris-POE/Purone/Order, Empire - Witchhunter / playing release
    Currently playing
    Vindictus - Dense

Fat Bowser Reputation: 18

Divided/Divided/Order,Dwarf,Still haven't decided between Engy,Iron Breaker /Playing Preview Pre Release/Open Beta and Gold/I love PVP :P
    .:Currently Playing:.

Heroes of Newerth - Adapt
    Counter-Strike: Source

Arri's Animal Reputation: 99

Been in beta since this past April and will be playing when the game goes Gold as well. As for what side I'll be on I don't know. It will depend on friends and where they wanna call home. I've already leveled every class from Rank 1-29 (Our former cap) and played every class at Rank 40 (Fully Epic/Legendary gear). I prefer the classes of Order and the style of Destruction so it's no matter to me on which side.

I'll try and hook up with people when I see them in Preview Weekend or OBT.
    You'll usually find me as an Engineer, White Lion, Shaman, or Black Orc named "Gaff". However, I can play anything a group would need.

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Divided/Divided/Order,Dwarf,Still haven't decided between Engy,Iron Breaker /Playing Preview Pre Release/Open Beta and Gold/I love PVP :P
    Depends on who you will be playing with. Engineer is nice if you are solo or running support in your group. Ironbreaker is awesome if you have a dedicated healer and you can swap from DPS to Tank very easily, so you're always loved. Both are quite fun to play, but I have a soft spot for a Dwarf Engineer (Grenadier Specced).
    Last edited by replicant; 08-21-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Currently Testing: The Elder Scrolls Online & WildStar & Hearthstone

Game: TBA
    Character: TBA
    Guild: TBA
    Server: TBA

Support cinderboy: MMO*Culture BLOG

Camelot Unchained Official Site

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 72

Ill be playing release but i havent decided on a class or army yet i will edit my post later.

My ign will be Trickster unless creation asks for a First name and Surname
    "You are the Future in the present so make sure you make history" Wretch32 UK Grime Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    I dreamt about a fly, that was getting progressively larger over time. Everyone shunned and tried to swat it, I protected it and eventually rode it around. Shenanigans were abundant, and eventually I rode it into the stars.

Geez I'm weird..

I have 3 questions for you Replicant. First how bad is the grind?
    Also can Engineers builds turrents i couldn't find out on the Warhammer Site and how do Iron Breakers and engineers do in RvR?

Arri's Animal Reputation: 99

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    I have 3 questions for you Replicant. First how bad is the grind? Also can Engineers builds turrents i couldn't find out on the Warhammer Site and how do Iron Breakers and engineers do in RvR?
    (1) The grind is however you want it to be. It takes an estimated 240 hours or so to get from Rank 1 to Rank 40, but that is purely through questing without any rest experience. It also does not take into account Rest Experience that you get while standing in town or an inn or logged at either. Rest experience can also be gained if logged out with Rittenbach's Portable Camp (An item gotten through Pre-Ordering the game). Plus this does not factor in Experience gained through PvP since killing someone in a Scenario (Instanced Battleground) or in World PvP also gives you experience based upon their level.

At no time that I have played have I felt I was grinding out my levels like many games such as FFXI, EQ, etc tend to become. However, I do like to mix up PvE, PvP, and Public Quests a lot so I don't feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over. I find leveling to be pretty smooth and effortless and I have technically leveled 3 toons to 40 already in beta.

(2) Engineers can build multiple Turrets, but can only place one at a time. Basically, they drop a big wooden cargo box down and smack it with a wrench a couple times (Disguises your cast time) and the box falls apart revealing the turret. There is a Gun Turrent (Shoots bullets), Flame Turret (Think Flame Thrower), and Bombadier Turret (Lobs Grenades) that I remember right off hand.

(3) Engy's and IB's are both rather good at RvR. However, an IB doesn't shine in 1v1 very much. Engy's do just fine solo with their snares and various damaging means. They also bring nice utility to a group. In IB really stands out when he has a Healer to make his Oath Friend which can start to get ugly quick. In one Tier 4 (Rank 40) Scenario my pure DPS IB went 142-1 on the leaderboard because I had a Runepriest following me the whole time. That was 142 kills in under 15 minutes without us being in a warband. Just a duo murdering bad players. ^^

Hope this helps some.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Currently Testing: The Elder Scrolls Online & WildStar & Hearthstone

Game: TBA
    Character: TBA
    Guild: TBA
    Server: TBA

Support cinderboy: MMO*Culture BLOG

Camelot Unchained Official Site

Thank you Replicant for answering my questions. I can't wait for OB/Preview Weekend. :P

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Not sure at all what ill be, but i will be playing.

IGN will most likely be theSHARKTOPUS
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 49

i'll be playing chosen and disciple of khaine. but that will be in the spanish and uk servers,so i doubt i see many Onrpgers there.
    that for the OB,for the headstart,i'll make a Chosen,and i plan on sticking to it till they release the blackguard.
    tanks ftw

(edit:maybe i'll try a witch hunter too)
    We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Currently Playing:
    - Guild Wars 2

Waiting for:
    - Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast