MMORPGS in which you can "fly"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default MMORPGS in which you can "fly"

can someone recommend some mmorpgs in which you get to "FLY" and get to explore the landscape....
    ie. fly with either a Mount/Vehicle/Spell/Attributes, etc.

so far i only know of Flyff, anarchy online, perfect world, wow(but only in a very limited area).

I love exploring vast landscapes, but its only fun when you get to fly over things and not constantly get attacked by enemies.

thanks

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 69

In Zu Online you're able to fly and fight in the air

Other than the ones you've mentioned I can only think of Dream Of Mirror Online

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 61

OKTOBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFEST Gender: Shemale

EverQuest II
    Lineage 2(not sure)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 140

Vanguard - Saga of Heroes.

Drink cactus juice, it'll quench ya! Nothiiiing's quenchier! IT'S THE QUENCHIEST!

Detective Kirby Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Showy View Post
    Other than the ones you've mentioned I can only think of Dream Of Mirror Online
    You can't really explore via flying in Domo though, there's invisible walls everywhere.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149

Quote Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
    Lineage 2(not sure)
    Only guild leaders who own a castle or an Aden clan hall may ride on the flying dragons. ^.~

Let's see...

Domo
    Flyff
    Second Life
    Space Cowboy
    Zu Online
    WoW

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmon View Post
    You can't really explore via flying in Domo though, there's invisible walls everywhere.
    Not that bad. I've seen worse in certain areas of Darkon (Flyff) --- although at the same time, those invisible walls could be used for some fancy teleportation tricks :-)

I like to fly around in Domo for exploration. Depending on where I am, much safer than running :-) In contrast to Flyff, Domo doesn't seem to have the sync problems, so you don't have to explicitely reload the map if you want to see the ground activity.

If you want the worst flying, try Requiem :-) It's an example of wasting development resources that should have been spent on the game --- it's like an ordinary teleport, since you can only fly from one wingrider station to another. You actually DO fly, you get a plane and you fly across the map, if you're close enough to the ground you can see the monsters and players down there. The gfx suggests that you're in control of the plane, but you aren't... it only moves along the predefined course.
    Somebody spent a good deal of time for basically nothing.
    My current game status
    ( Not playing anythiing these days, seems F2P MMO"RP"Gs have finally pissed me off enough )
    Went back to Cabal for a bit, but PK isn't my thing at all, so I don't know how long I'll stay this time.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 43

Requiem has flying with this weird glider machine thing.

etc etc, most recent games.
    Currently playing: Smite
    Username: Gavri

Apparently I have infinite Smite invites. So just pm me your email and I can send you beta code.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted. You can play a dragon who starts as a hatchling but after a small to moderate amount of effort may undergo the rite to become adult: full-sized and flying. Near max level they can undergo another rite to become Ancient: bigger, with more abilities.

The dragon flight is completely unrestricted for the most part. There's a fairly high altitude cap, and very few places with invisible walls. No energy is consumed by flight and there's no other form of limit to how long you can be in the air.

It's P2P, so cheapskates and children need not consider. People who can't stand graphics that aren't bloom-covered, anime-style, and/or the latest and greatest need not consider either.

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Perfect World has really good flying too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast