Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Online (System Requirements)

Arri's Animal Reputation: 99

Post Warhammer Online (System Requirements)

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

For Windows XP

· 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
    · 1 Gigabyte RAM
    · A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    · At least 15 GB of hard drive space

For Windows VISTA

· 2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    · 2 Gigabyte RAM
    · A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    · At least 15 GB of hard drive space

Supported Video Cards

ATI Radeon(TM) series

· 9500, 9600, 9800
    · X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
    · X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
    · 2400, 2600, 2900,
    · 3650, 3850, 3870
    · 4850, 4870

NVIDIA GeForce series

· FX 5900, FX 5950
    · 6600, 6800,
    · 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
    · 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
    · 9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
    · GTX 260, GTX 280

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics

· GMA X4500

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn’t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.

Added by illgamez: check this site out also http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Currently Testing: Camelot Unchained (PC) & BMX The Game (PC)

Pre-Order: BMX The Game (Official Website)

Currently Playing: Hearthstone (PC) & Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (PC)

春光乍泄 Reputation: 193

Stickied for convenience.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

What a laugh!

My system meets all the specs, (some of it double the spec) but it runs like a snail even on the lowest framerate settings!

3.4 x2 proc
    2 Gig memory
    256 meg Nvidia 8200
    ect.

If it runs this badly on a system that runs AoC reasonably, what chance does the average pc user have?
    Last edited by windirect; 09-11-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

春光乍泄 Reputation: 193

I don't see the GeForce 8200 under "Supported Video Cards".

The 8200 is a crappy card anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by windirect View Post
    What a laugh!
    My system meets all the specs, (some of it double the spec) but it runs like a snail even on the lowest framerate settings!

3.4 x2 proc
    2 Gig memory
    256 meg Nvidia 8200
    ect.

If it runs this badly on a system that runs AoC reasonably, what chance does the average pc user have?
    Unless I am remembering incorrectly the Nvidia 8200 is their onboard GPU released earlier this year which is designed for media playback and not for gaming that much. While it is "technically" an 8k series Nvidia with DX10 support you won't get anywhere near the performance of an actual 8K series card. This is a video chipset that barely gets 30fps on Unreal Tournament 2K4 on 1024x768. To expect it to do better in Warhammer Online is simply uninformed nonsense. If you ran low resolution, no shadows, and all settings on low in AoC then I suspect you could have made it playable, but that would not have been in my opinion "reasonably" playable. Especially not, if you're running that system on Windows Vista as I suspect. You *might* can make WAR playable in a limited sense if you turn everything on low and disable spell effects.

The only way you're gonna make that chipset play well with newer games is buy an Nvidia 8400GS (512mb - $30) and run it in Hybrid-SLI Mode on Vista and add 2gb more of RAM ($40). That will make it run close to an 8500/8600 GT Series card if you get it working right. An easier and cheaper thing if you are using Windows XP is to just get an 8500GT (512mb) for like $50 and disable the onboard crap. Either option will boost your gaming abilities by 150%-200% I'd wager.

It's not really an intelligent action to attack a game about it's performance when you don't even know the capabilities of your own hardware.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Currently Playing: Hearthstone (PC) & Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (PC)

Retired Staff Reputation: 51

Found this site that tells if your PC an run it
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...=12&submit2=Go
    MEMBER Since 2005

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 140

Quote Originally Posted by illgamez View Post
    Found this site that tells if your PC an run it
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...=12&submit2=Go
    Too bad it fails because it said I couldnt run it although im running it at max graphs with force AA.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Thas View Post
    Too bad it fails because it said I couldnt run it although im running it at max graphs with force AA.
    Yeah and for me it says I could run it just fine .. But I cant.
    hurr durr

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

My laptop has exactly 128MB video card and 1gb of RAM. I did the systemrequirementlab thing and i passed on all of them but just barely. And also because I have a laptop, it's probably not going to run it as smooth. I can run WOW just fine. Do you think my laptop can run this game if I turn down all the settings to low?

Member since August 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Taynted View Post
    My laptop has exactly 128MB video card and 1gb of RAM. I did the systemrequirementlab thing and i passed on all of them but just barely. And also because I have a laptop, it's probably not going to run it as smooth. I can run WOW just fine. Do you think my laptop can run this game if I turn down all the settings to low?
    Depending on what the video card is and how fast your cpu is I'd say it can be possible to run it on low with spell effects off. Just depends on the card and cpu as to how many FPS you can look forward too.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 14

im worried that i won't be able to run it if i buy it coz my graphics card isn't on the list of supported nividia cards.

Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT.

So how?

Quote Originally Posted by Symphoni View Post
    im worried that i won't be able to run it if i buy it coz my graphics card isn't on the list of supported nividia cards.

Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT.

So how?
    As long as your CPU and Ram meets the requirements you'll be able to play it with a 7300. However, it's a weak card and will only push the game so much. I'd wager you'll be able to play it on Low Settings, but not above that.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 34

I have a
    Intel(R) Core2Duo 2.2GHz Running Vista and i got 2gb of ram and my graphics card is GeForce 8600 also my video card is 256mb, would this be able to run warhammer?
    Chaos - PhD Darlee (Sage->HighMage) : 3
    - Chemist Darlee ( Street Peddler) : >

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

hey guys im just wondering if i should be fine running the game.. on system requirementslab.com i get way past the minimum buti heard that thats not relaible for this game.. here are my specs:
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800
    RAM: 1024MB
    Operating system: Xp Prof
    PRocessor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.87 GHz

Quote Originally Posted by DProxy View Post
    I have a
    Intel(R) Core2Duo 2.2GHz Running Vista and i got 2gb of ram and my graphics card is GeForce 8600 also my video card is 256mb, would this be able to run warhammer?
    I'd say you'll be able to play it on Low to Medium settings pretty solidly. Your CPU and Card are solid, but 2gb of RAM in Vista is crippling. I'd honestly suggest getting 2gb of RAM from newegg.com (roughly $40 total) and you'd be able to play very well on Medium to High Settings. Alternatively, you could just use Windows XP instead of Vista for the improved performance without having to buy ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbiz View Post
    hey guys im just wondering if i should be fine running the game.. on system requirementslab.com i get way past the minimum buti heard that thats not relaible for this game.. here are my specs:
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800
    RAM: 1024MB
    Operating system: Xp Prof
    PRocessor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.87 GHz
    I answered this in your previous thread.
    Last edited by replicant; 09-28-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    I'd say you'll be able to play it on Low to Medium settings pretty solidly. Your CPU and Card are solid, but 2gb of RAM in Vista is crippling. I'd honestly suggest getting 2gb of RAM from newegg.com (roughly $40 total) and you'd be able to play very well on Medium to High Settings. Alternatively, you could just use Windows XP instead of Vista for the improved performance without having to buy ram.

I answered this in your previous thread.
    Thanks your awesome +1
    I cant use XP atm due to some problem only vista works on my comp so i'll have to make do with what i have.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 15

hi guys , can anyone help me please im having graphics problem in this game whenever i go to places where i need to screen far the motion is very wierd as if there is error in frame refreshing

here are my specs
    Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700
    2048MB DDR2
    500GB hard drive
    NIVIDIA GeForce 8500GT
    im on vista anyway
    Life is not about how hard you punch, its about how much punch you can take and move forward - By rocky balboa

Quote Originally Posted by squall112 View Post
    hi guys , can anyone help me please im having graphics problem in this game whenever i go to places where i need to screen far the motion is very wierd as if there is error in frame refreshing

here are my specs
    Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700
    2048MB DDR2
    500GB hard drive
    NIVIDIA GeForce 8500GT
    im on vista anyway
    Well, you have 2 issues. Not enough ram and an Nvidia video card. Just so you know these are very common issues among WAR gamers. First, I'd highly suggest when you have the funds and if your motherboard supports it to purchase 2gb more of RAM (Roughly $40 at newegg.com). For your video card the easiest fix is to follow these rules outlined in this thread.
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/105793.html
    Just the changes to your user settings will help alot. Hopefully, the Nvidia issues will be ironed out in the near future.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

dont think i will upgrade in the near future as i just bought this game and computer and im totally out of cash
    anyway nividia as a lot issues on warhammer?
    Life is not about how hard you punch, its about how much punch you can take and move forward - By rocky balboa

Staff Admin Reputation: 29

Squall you might want to go up to 4gigs of ram if you enjoy doing something while playing the game. (While I love to play I will still window mode for 5 seconds at a time and check something else) and thats really not easy to do in RvR with 2gigs on Vista. However it is AMD that has more issues in WAR then Nvidia. However both have the problem that you might randomly CTD (Crash to Desktop) which happens to me maybe once every 8 hours which isn't that big of an issue anymore because they fixed it from how horrible it was earlier.
    As well the reason I say the 4gigs is better is because I have a system similar, i had 2gig ram, 8400GS (intigrated) and during beta I couldn't do a huge amount of full on RvR but they fixed a lot of the memory leaks and then I bought 4gigs of ram for $95 which I thought was an amazingly cheap price.

Moderator since Aug 2004. I am a guy.
    Email me at lothia@gmail.com
    FFXI Tsukisa: 60pld/30War (retired)
    The OnRPG War

ok thanks lothia i actually meant i will upgrade my memory its just that i dont have money now have to start saving up and my holidays are near and im working to pay for my fees,prepaid card and some cash for upgrades

anyway bright wizard seems to be hard for newbies is there any friendly class?

Quote Originally Posted by squall112 View Post
    ok thanks lothia i actually meant i will upgrade my memory its just that i dont have money now have to start saving up and my holidays are near and im working to pay for my fees,prepaid card and some cash for upgrades

anyway bright wizard seems to be hard for newbies is there any friendly class?
    BW is a very easy class to play, you just have to pay attention to the combustion system. If you want ranged damage and ease of play I'd suggest making a Shadow Warrior. Very good damage and you only have to deal with their stances as the hardest part of playing one.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

I have a
    Nevermind my vcard is 512mb does this change much?

Nevermind my vcard is 512mb does this change much?
    It definitely helps, but you're still gonna have issues until you add 2gb more of ram because Vista is so inefficient at utilizing it.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    It definitely helps, but you're still gonna have issues until you add 2gb more of ram because Vista is so inefficient at utilizing it.
    Problem is if i wanna add another 2gb more i need change my motherboard again cause if i had another 2gb on this motherboard it'll kill my comp.