Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Runes of Magic Closed Beta keys giveaway!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Why do I want a beta key for Runes of Magic?
    The reason why I would like a beta key is because,I have been looking for a beautiful,and artistic game world,with a rich story line,beautiful characters,and a chance to own a home to go to after you are done adventuring,and Runes of Magic has everything that I am looking for.I know that this is not much information,but I'm not that great with words,and I would be very much thankful,if I got one.So thank you very much for reading my post,and listening to me.
    -jfeasa

Reason Why I want to play ROM?

Ive been reading up on the game from time to time on kutaku.com every since it 1st appeared and I gata say this game looks pretty dam good! Ive heard this game is more (alot more) then a WoW clone because of its huge areas and has Guild Wars based combat, witch makes fighting look good cause your not just getting a genertic swing over and over again.

I'm also a big fan of Housing, and I was relly suprized that you could actuly use your Furnisher. I mean its rare enough that any MMO lets you have your own house but to interact is freaking amazing. In conqure online, FFXI, ect that allows you housing and buy Furnishers its there just for looks.

I've playd alot of MMO's such as Guild Wars, Wow, FFXI, ect. But I have yet to play a game that combines all things good in a MMO, bakes it at 450 degrees of goodness, w8 entill it looks awsome, and let it cool down before serving to thousand of satisfied players.

I've play'd alot of mmo's before but this one has to one of the best.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

OnRPG: bara686
    RoM: sixstringed
    Email: sixstringedmatt@gmail.com

Anyone can list the reasons why they want to join Runes of Magic Closed Beta. The housing system, the rune system, crafting system, etc. Many of these players want to join Runes of Magic to fill a void that many free to play games aren't able to fill. But it is in my essay that I state that these aren't the true reasons why one should want a beta key. Sure, these features are great -- and they certainly make me want to play this game more and more everyday, as I check my email countless times to see if I have been accepted. But it is important to understand two things before a game goes into Open Beta or "Gold". One is the fact that these beta tests should be used for just that. To TEST the game to ensure that the mechanics run smoothly and all the triggers, text, etc. are all up to par. If the game can't be tested properly, how do we expect all of the features of the game to make us want to play? Secondly, is the fact that while being in a Closed Beta, you can understand and get a feel for the community. I have sworn off MMO's because of the communities that they make. From reading the forums about this game, it seems that the community here is dedicated, and not just a bunch of players wanting to unwind in some game by badmouthing the publication team and their fellow players. I feel I have a lot to add to the community, because I know what makes players get so immersed in games. If Runes of Magic does not have this type of community involvement, the game playerbase will dwindle severely.
    I have been waiting for a game like this to come out, and have not been fooled by any others that precede it (4Story and PerfectWorld to say a few). This game has great potential, and I think its player base will also have that similar potential. The game needs to get started off right, and I think I can contribute greatly. Forum posts, bug submissions, advice, etc. the whole lot.
    I look forward to hearing a response from you guys, as I am very excited for this event.
    Last edited by bara686; 09-24-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: added my contacts

Default Why i want a RoM beta key

This question is a simple one, but not an easy one to answer. There a number of reasons as to why I would like a RoM beta key. The following list is just some of the reasons:

1) Well the obvious...its free to play but seems to have the content of most P2P games, if not more content than most.
    2) New and original game play ideas including, but not limited to,server vs. server PvP. The ability to own a house and decorate it to your liking. Tradeskills that matter, not just a time sink. Persistant, guarded, and instanced dungeons.
    3) I really want to play this game as a permanent member of its community. So with a CB invite I WOULD maker sure to heavily put the game to the test. I would try my best to locate bug after bug after bug, nonstop hunting b/c I want the game to be what I and most everyone else wants and hopes it will be.
    4) Finally I want to put the game to the test so that I can get, shall we say, a preview of the game so that when the NDA is lifted I can hype the hell out of it on every magazine site, mmo webpage, and gaming forum I can find!! After all I want it to be a large success which would equal a better gaming experience for me. No matter whether I win or not this game is the best ( as far as I can see so far ) F2P mmo outh there bar none. I will do whatever I can to assist its developers in making it a success. Thx alot for your consideration.

I want to try the new innovated game and then spread this to many other friends. Expanding the RoM community is what I have to offer. As of right now, it's more to get a feel for trying the games, and RoM has grabbed my attention. Although, I am not one of those who are very updated with the releases and news, I will inform myself and hopefully others when I get more involve into the game.
    Thanks for hearing me out whether I receive the key or not.

Default i want beta key

it is already obvious that this game is so promising and all the features given are so intriguing. I would very much appreciate to be one of the few who can test game and see that the game runs smooth, note down bugs and errors (if theres any) to ensure the best for the game that everyone is looking forward to play.

e-mail: dmviola@hotmail.com
    ingame name: sunnyblaire

Why do I want a Beta Key to Runs of Magic?

The question is quite simple, but the answer…
    Well I am a fan of rpg games and I love most of the single player ones, but they lack the contact with another person and aspects of playing with other people as well as making new friends etc. So mmorpgs are my favorite kind of games, sadly most of them have really poor storyline and even poorer quests. Usually in f2p mmos the plot is just an addition to the killing mobs and quest are addition to the poor plot… and that is why not many mmorpgs f2p or p2p can make me play them for a long time. Runes of Magic got my attention because of the rich storyline and huge amount of quests (600+ from the very beginning + more coming out in the future), but what is more important the developers promised to try and make the quests a bit more interesting, exciting and challenging than “go kill XXX mobs and come back” as it’s the pretty common quest formula in mmos. This is a realy important feature for me as a rpg loving player.

But beside good storyline and quests Runes of Magic have much more interesting features to offer:

Housing – this is an amazing opportunity for bored players who need a bit of rest from killing mobs or questing. Also it’s a great option for all sim games fans. Decorating and “building” your own as well as your guild’s home/castle can be pretty fun and entertaining. But it can be also pretty useful as we can use our house as a personal item storage with the possibility to put our armor and weapons as an decoration on the walls etc., we can let our friends to our house and even let them use our items! I am actually looking forward to try this out.

Crafting/Forging – I really like to be a crafter/forger or w/e we call it, not only I can make weapons or armors for my self but also for friends or guildies what is pretty nice way to “be useful”. It is also a nice way of making money whenever you have some spare time to gather the materials needed for it.

Dual Class System – WOAH now this is something worth mentioning. We can chose one class out of 6 in total, and then later at lvl10 we can pick our second class! In total that’s 36combinations of classes, quite rare for an mmo to give players such an opportunity! If you think like me then actually we got 36classes to chose! Why is that so? knight + priest and u got something like a paladin, there is much more examples. Also this system gives us a fresh look on forming parties and the pvp aspect of game.

PvP – from what I read the amount of pvps is quite crazy not only the usual pking, duel, guild vs guild but also pvp among all the guilds on the server and SERVER VS SERVER! To be honest I have never meet such an option before… Pvp in this game is really giving me the thrill.

Dungeons – I was pretty much surprised when I read that we are going to have instances, static and dynamic(Diablo 2 style so always different) and pvp dungeons! Im especially looking forward for the last two.

Runes – I think this is one of the innovations that makes the whole game just great and close to ideal. First of all thanks to runes we will be able to teleport from place to place. Secondly runes gonna be used to upgrade our items (over 100runes possible to upgrade) and thirdly we will be able to create our own skills and spells with runes! That sounds really amazing and will let us feel why the game is called Runes of Magic.

But aside of the reasons mentioned above I’d really like to join the Closed Beta phase to help the developers make this game even better than it already is. It is really a great pleasure for a truly devoted player to be able to find and report bugs, give some suggestions and ideas and have the knowledge that developers are actually listening and considering our words and that they care for their players and game as much as the staff of Runes of Magic does.
    (Sorry for the grammar mistakes ^^)

Default Fingers Crossed

I want a Beta Key to join Runes of Magic because from the first time I came to know of it I could say the game looked really promising.
    First and foremost their website was the one of the best designed websites out there, to which even the ones of pay to play MMOs pale in comparison. The design is neat, informative and easily navigable. The logo design invigorates a sense of magic and mysticism that is essential for any fantasy MMORPG. The website also looks equally good when viewed in any browser be it IE7, Firefox or Safari.
    Secondly the game design is artistic and innovative. One which not only tries to reinvent the kind of graphical environment in use by earlier games but also constituting the conception unique graphical and gameplay elements setting a standard for free to play MMOs and making it playable even on lower end machines and hence available to a wider variety of people. The diverse classes and in game areas, unique features and a well polished gameplay mechanics makes the effort taken in creating a game like this really praiseworthy.
    Lastly but definitely not the least is the growing community which is well managed and also quite friendly encouraging people all over the world to be a part of it.

I just hope I get selected and if I don't I hope I get a chance to experience this wonderful looking game sometime soon in the future. My thanks to Onrpg for organizing this giveaway and my felicitations to those of you who are fortunate enough to get selected. Thank you.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Im running late so i dont have a big i want post but my reasons is because i would help in testing it and it looks like a terrific game and i would much rather play it than any other mmo out right now.

I've been playing MMOs for 10 years and consider myself a hardened player. It takes something special & different to grab my attention, and I think Runes of Magic just might be the game that tops the ones I've played.

RoM is the first MMO I've heard of that is attempting to merge the styles of both western and eastern MMOs. I particularly like the features that will be available to players from the get-go: housing, dual-classes, 3 types of dungeons, 600 quests. All this and it's free-to-play!

I really hope RoM is a success and I hope I get the opportunity to help it become a legend.

Thundrer

xmojo1@gmail.com

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Gratz winners but this is a bunch of BS i didnt get picked. never comming back to this site again.
    3DSMAX User.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by SteelKiller View Post
    Gratz winners but this is a bunch of BS i didnt get picked. never comming back to this site again.
    Sarcasm? But you have a point in a way. I didn't read many of the entries before, but many of the ones I read that did win seemed pretty 2nd gradeish and little to no creativity whatsoever.

I wanna play RoM because it has houses and swords and stuff!

Ya, who doesn't?

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16
    In my own little world, they know me here. Posts: 666 16/09/2009

My description was better than half of the winners...defenitely never gonna do a contest here again, they just pick their friends out of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Vulg4r View Post
    Well I just robbed a bank. But I'm not going to get arrested for it because it was a fan robbery. I sent the bank an email and gave them credit. So there cool with it.
    ♫ Mabinogi EU Beta ♫ ~ Server: Morrighan ~ IGN: Pocky

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Quote Originally Posted by YumikiiChan View Post
    My description was better than half of the winners...defenitely never gonna do a contest here again, they just pick their friends out of it...

I don't think they know people with 1 post, that one post being the competition entry. I seriously hope you're joking about contests being rigged.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16
    In my own little world, they know me here. Posts: 666 16/09/2009

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

I don't think they know people with 1 post, that one post being the competition entry. I seriously hope you're joking about contests being rigged.
    Well I am sure as hell not gonna do any contest here, big chance that I will lose.
    I've been waiting so long to play a game like this and I always lose these sorts of contests so forget it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Vulg4r View Post
    Well I just robbed a bank. But I'm not going to get arrested for it because it was a fan robbery. I sent the bank an email and gave them credit. So there cool with it.
    ♫ Mabinogi EU Beta ♫ ~ Server: Morrighan ~ IGN: Pocky

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

You mean they have one post under that account name.

They could be someone who made another account, even if just to apply to the contest more than once.

I'd be more interested in whoever picked the winners's definition of "original", however. Copy and pasting something right off RoM webste perhaps?? I wanna pway cause day hab horses and swordz. LOL. Sorry, I don't know if it was rigged, but it was sad nonethless.
    Last edited by nomdeplume; 10-01-2008 at 04:34 AM.

Why i want to play Ruins of Magic?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 9

I am playing mmorpgs from years and I have a lot of experience so maybe it will be a much of a help to the game.I was looking at the game videos/screenshots and I was amazed.It looks awesome and plus that ,its F2P I would like to test the characters ,report bugs,post ideas...etc.If only I had the opportunity to play it right now

please send me a beta key

forum name: parrot
    rom name: parrot
    email: parrot@abv.bg

I wont to play ROM cause im looking for someting new...something that catches my eye..i realy like what i see on the web page the game sounds awsome..im still new to mmorpg games but i realy like what i have read about this one i hope i get to give it a try befor all my friends lol

I applied for the contest on Onrpg for the 100 beta keys for phase 2, and I've been looking through the stuff on the game. It looks pretty well thought out and detailed, which I'm happy about since there are a lot of F2Ps that get made and die in a month. As for being the best F2P MMORPG, I will reserve that title for the closed beta of Mythos, as I haven't seen anything better. Unfortunately, Flagship Studious (the creators of Mythos) went down before the game got released. Mythos also had the best community, too.