Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knuckle Knight- am I going to be royally screwed by lag?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Default Knuckle Knight- am I going to be royally screwed by lag?

There's usually half a second between pressing the button and the character reacting. I've mostly come to terms with this- I've adapted my running, grabbing and jumping timing to make it a non-issue for moving around the field.

However, I'm still sometimes having trouble when the monsters move behind me, and I have to turn in order to hit them and with the lag by the time I get around, it's already behind me again. It hasn't caused any deaths so far, but I'm just concerned that my limited target focused, combo-driven melee knuckler is going to be really screwed over by that movement hesitation..

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

Same.. I just took up a knuckle knight I found that exact same problem.

And the accuracy on almost all attacks really sucks. I've become accustomed to not missing on my dag th .__.

Hmm, I'd prefer not to start again.. I'm hoping the bolt skill will help somewhat, and fortunately our defense is good enough that they can withstand the issue.

Otherwise *sigh* what classes would be good for a laggy environment? A rain(lol)bowman? Spearman?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 206

Ohhh. I see what you mean. Which skill tree are you moving through? If it's beam focused then you should try herding a monster(s) to a wall or corner, then start your combo. I have that problem as a Xbow with most of the "hoppy" enemies.

Is there not a way to have a hybrid kick/beam knuckle user? D:

Of course there is! You can take both skill tree's but your passives will take some pain until the later levels. As of now I'm both skill tree's and it works beautifully.

To be honest, I only found a couple of minutes ago that there's actually places to put skill points other than your attack skills, so I'm definitely no expert..

I have put points into the kick, but I think I'm gonna go with the beam from now. A hybrid would be nice, but I haven't done the math to see how it would all work out. Fortunately the punch line kind of vetos itself, so that should free up some points?

Anyway, I checked the website and according to the poll, 90% of users have a ping higher than 800ms so I'm feeling slightly more confident about it being addressed.

Even so..the builds reccomended as a knuckle that I suggest are either kick/beam hybrid with passive's past 40. Or just plain ol' one tree. That issue has been a problem since CB unfortunately..I've learned not to turn when they get behind you, and instead just duck/block till they attack and slide to your front again.

What would the 'one tree' entail? Just bolt or kick and higher passives?

So wait if we go hybrid, we can't get passives? D:

basically, yeah..kick tree or beam tree and higher passives. Though the only passive's a knuckle knight really needs are the accuracy increases, since sword and mace knights are the ones in demand for dungeons and such. Not to mention that accuracy passives are doable even with hybrid kick and beam.

Hybrids can always get passives. Just not both sets of passives until the higher levels, both sets meaning class passives and weapon passives.

Why am I a Knuckle Knight again? T_T

Ah well, I think I'll stick with hybrid and take the knock to the passives. =P More fun that way.. xD

Quote Originally Posted by .Katie View Post
    Why am I a Knuckle Knight again? T_T

Ah well, I think I'll stick with hybrid and take the knock to the passives. =P More fun that way.. xD
    Well..from what I hear, Guardians are pvp pro. So..maybe that helps..? xD

Lockhartís are forever Reputation: 17

Hm so far I've only pumped up my knuckle mastery to the max...haven't put anything in a skill yet. >.> Good thing I found this out about hybrids, doesn't seem too bad though. Either go Hadoken or Muay Thai....interesting.

And I have dealt with slight lag...the lag I get is when I'm climbing a rope, land on the ground then suddenly I'm standing over on top of the rope I was climbing. Glad it doesn't happen all the time, just occassional.

.:Currently Playing:.
    Insert Game o_O

Allodoxaphobia: Is a fear of opinions.

With the passive skills, when it says it "inceases by a percent per level", does that mean that every time you level up, it'll increase it by that percentage, or that the percentage increased is relative to your current level?

If it's the former, does that mean we're screwed if we don't max out the passives right away? D:

I believe it means your accuracy increases 1% more than what it is as you level up. I maxed it so I can do more damage with less misses, then grab the skills I need.

Insert Game o_O

I think it'd be the opposite..as in a passive buff instead of a steady increase as you level. Or in other words in case you don't get what I mean. max is 10 I think. with it maxed, you get a 10% accuracy increase to your base accuracy.

This appears to be a rather crucial conjucture.... xD

If it adds every time you level up, I guess it's more important to max straight away. If not, then I'll just leave it...

Not that I care about an uber character, but I'd rather not struggle later on...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Hmm, I'd prefer not to start again.. I'm hoping the bolt skill will help somewhat, and fortunately our defense is good enough that they can withstand the issue.

Otherwise *sigh* what classes would be good for a laggy environment? A rain(lol)bowman? Spearman?
    Beams REALLY help out. Also, in the 20s and beyond, your accuracy skyrockets because that's all your Mastery focuses on.

Don't worry about it, for now.

...I miss LaTale. I've been on a Trojan and Adware crusade all day, so I haven't been able to play. D:

It's a good thing, though. Found about 20+ viruses.

Nicest thing is that System Recovery was turned off and purged, and all of the Recovery files are being picked up as well. Hopefully whenever I use Restore, the viruses won't be restored as well.

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33

Yeah, I figure I'll hang in there for a bit longer anyway.. xD I also can't be bothered redoing all those quests..

Good luck on your crusade! Viruses are basically rape for your computer. Hate.

Banned Reputation: 36

If you're not having fun right now I'd advice you to quit now and re-make so you don't waste any more of your time.
    If you're having lag problems PVP is only going to be much worse. As Guardian you need to hit a lot but hardly get hit in the process because of our lower defense compared to other knights.

Plus if you got the punching skill you need to get rid of all the points in there or remake.
    So I hope you can jump climb and fast on your feet.
    Good practice would be jumping and pressing z to punch down and hit monsters.
    Just right at the moment they're about to strike to dodge then punch when near the ground to do a high damaging punch of them.

If you get good at that then you have hope for PVP and higher level monsters. Doing that once in a while in the mist of battle is very helpful.. especialy when grouping up foes.

- Man I should really get back to work on my guide -

Uh, isn't that kind of the same for any class? The whole lag = death in PvP thing?

Even if there's a class that can handle it, I'd rather go play SSBB than cop out by using a class that isn't my favorite, y'know? =/

And I definitely didn't take the punches. Just kicks and beam.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 31

Uh, isn't that kind of the same for any class? The whole lag = death in PvP thing?

Even if there's a class that can handle it, I'd rather go play SSBB than cop out by using a class that isn't my favorite, y'know? =/

And I definitely didn't take the punches. Just kicks and beam.

Whats wrong with punchis? thats what i got lol..
    i have been putting up the stamina skill as well.. should i not be doing that?

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11

well alot of people actually raised the punch skills, and there are actually people that go punch+kicks after they advance into guardian in the foreign version. the advanced punch skills arnt too bad, just the punch skills before class change has a serious problem :x
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

I just went kick boxing style lol, the punch look like it would delay. The build seems sorta familiar like how it was on rose when I made a Raider. Either dual swords or dual katars...as the skills branched off.

Not saying it's similar, but to me there is some relations since I've had experience with that. So I think I will stick with the kick style, I like getting up close and personal.

Insert Game o_O