Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43

Thread: Knuckle Knight- am I going to be royally screwed by lag?

  1. #26
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 206
    Elegance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scuttle Town
    Posts
    4,563
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DneL View Post
    Whats wrong with punchis? thats what i got lol..
    i have been putting up the stamina skill as well.. should i not be doing that?
    It's not a "bad" thing..but I would think stamina would b more useful for the shield knights, what I did with my Knuckle knight was go for the accuracy skills first. But It's your build. xD

  2. #27
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 31
    DneL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,207
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    It's not a "bad" thing..but I would think stamina would b more useful for the shield knights, what I did with my Knuckle knight was go for the accuracy skills first. But It's your build. xD

    yeah i guess the point of pvp is who has the best build, ima keep mines a secret and different

  3. #28
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    nah, there are more things than skill build that changes the win/lose ratio

    1. Number of Enchants on your Equipment (this isn't implented at the moment)
    2. Whether you lag or not, fraps could give you lag, if you lag you may lose.
    3. Enough experiance for your character, if you don't know how far this skill dashes back you will have a bit of a problem connecting combos to your opponent.

    thats just about it, lag generally sucks ._. it ruins the gameplay! T^T
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  4. #29
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    .Katie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    It sure as hell does; I've seen some guardians absolutely kicking ass in PvP, but it's only because they can use split-second timing to maximize their potential.

    I'm really annoyed that they let it get to final release and 90% of the population has a ping higher than 800. That's really poor.

  5. #30
    Banned Reputation: 36

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .Katie View Post
    It sure as hell does; I've seen some guardians absolutely kicking ass in PvP, but it's only because they can use split-second timing to maximize their potential.

    I'm really annoyed that they let it get to final release and 90% of the population has a ping higher than 800. That's really poor.
    More like 20% or less.

  6. #31
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    from what i seen in game 10~20% of the popularity are the only people that don't lag.

    the oddest thing about Latale is the memory they use shown im process on windows manager, usually memory is high only when you ran it for a long time for other games. maybe this could be a clue to fix the lag issues / maybe not
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  7. #32
    Banned Reputation: 36

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyuka View Post
    from what i seen in game 10~20% of the popularity are the only people that don't lag.

    the oddest thing about Latale is the memory they use shown im process on windows manager, usually memory is high only when you ran it for a long time for other games. maybe this could be a clue to fix the lag issues / maybe not
    You must be playing with your eyes closed.

    Or because you're lagging you think everyone else is though it's just you.

    The lag is not a big problem because only select few have the problem.
    But it's easily solved by changing channels and moving to areas with less users.

  8. #33
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    .Katie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Where'd you get the 20% from? The poll on their front page says 90%- do you think people are messing with it for some reason? =/

    And.. it has nothing to do with the number of users. Having many certainly makes it worse, but I and my brother and my brother's friend all lag no matter where we are, even if we're the only ones in the map. CCing doesn't help.

  9. #34
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    Cereal&Milk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,669
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Yeah. That lag's got to stop. It's really bad when I try to distance myself from the monsters so that I can pot and shoot, then get hit by a lag spike and end up falling from a platform with 10 monsters up my ass.

    I remember when things were crisp in CBT and OBT.

    Those monkeys need to add a new server.

    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

    Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33


  10. #35
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Ogplanet also changed the healing method for potions, it heals little by little when the foreign version of latale recovers right away. maybe they wanted it to be like diablo, but thats a bad method. people that have lag can't stay alive with that feature being changed, its so hard to survive during all the lag with tiny healing..
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  11. #36
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 182
    Paladin Catling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,058
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyuka View Post
    Ogplanet also changed the healing method for potions, it heals little by little when the foreign version of latale recovers right away. maybe they wanted it to be like diablo, but thats a bad method. people that have lag can't stay alive with that feature being changed, its so hard to survive during all the lag with tiny healing..
    Yeah, but it is cooler for pvp :P

  12. #37
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    You haven't pvped before or have you? you can only use pvp potions to heal or randomly from boxes with ? signs. the pvp potions requires pvp points to buy them and are also availble to use in the field, it heals 550 hp ( i think )
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  13. #38
    Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 31
    Ceres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rainbow Paradise
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylce View Post
    You must be playing with your eyes closed.

    Or because you're lagging you think everyone else is though it's just you.

    The lag is not a big problem because only select few have the problem.
    But it's easily solved by changing channels and moving to areas with less users.
    ya know if you cant run hop climb it dont matter what channel you move to? lmfao noob slyce this is why you keep staying on the kr version :S and you CAN see others lag they move slowly very slowly i saw a few in kr version
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkaMerka View Post
    How did you get a pet and cash gear in latale? the only fashion gear I see thats not money wise is free.

  14. #39
    Super Moderator Reputation: 208
    Arri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,726
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    We should totally petition OGPlanet to make healing potions instant.

    Having 1000+ hp with best potion being 260 hp sucks with the little heal over time we have now =/

    (level 25, no cookies yet)


  15. #40
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Yeah, why did they have to bring the same old lag from the foreign version and change the healing method? thats stupid! >.>
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  16. #41
    Banned Reputation: 36

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    For that exact reason Raiyuka.
    As you see a lot of people are suffering from the lag.
    When I don't close all my programs I lag too and when that lag spike hits and I freeze I'd usualy die if I never had the HoT pot.
    So I'm very very greatful because it's saved me many times.

  17. #42
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    .Katie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Didn't you say on the last page that lag wasn't a big problem? >_O I thought we were playing with our eyes closed.

    Anywho, I've pretty much had the give up the game anyway due to IRL stuff, but I still hope OGplanet gets their shit together soon.

    In the meantime, which classes seem to not be bothered very much by lag? My brother's friend plays a spearman, and he's not really having issues hitting monsters. xD

  18. #43
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    The best classes that dont get bothered by lag is Spear warrior and Archer
    their aoe pretty much gets the job done, you wont miss too much even with lag.
    "UNLESS THE MONSTER DASH ATTACKS"

    If you want to survive longer during lag the best choice is to choose
    a sword or a mace knight (some people say they're boring after lv.50)
    or a Spear/2H sword warrior for decent ammount of defence and alot of fun.
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •