Knuckle Knight- am I going to be royally screwed by lag?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned Reputation: 36

If you're not having fun right now I'd advice you to quit now and re-make so you don't waste any more of your time.
    If you're having lag problems PVP is only going to be much worse. As Guardian you need to hit a lot but hardly get hit in the process because of our lower defense compared to other knights.

Plus if you got the punching skill you need to get rid of all the points in there or remake.
    So I hope you can jump climb and fast on your feet.
    Good practice would be jumping and pressing z to punch down and hit monsters.
    Just right at the moment they're about to strike to dodge then punch when near the ground to do a high damaging punch of them.

If you get good at that then you have hope for PVP and higher level monsters. Doing that once in a while in the mist of battle is very helpful.. especialy when grouping up foes.

- Man I should really get back to work on my guide -

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Uh, isn't that kind of the same for any class? The whole lag = death in PvP thing?

Even if there's a class that can handle it, I'd rather go play SSBB than cop out by using a class that isn't my favorite, y'know? =/

And I definitely didn't take the punches. Just kicks and beam.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

Quote Originally Posted by .Katie View Post
    Uh, isn't that kind of the same for any class? The whole lag = death in PvP thing?

Even if there's a class that can handle it, I'd rather go play SSBB than cop out by using a class that isn't my favorite, y'know? =/

And I definitely didn't take the punches. Just kicks and beam.

Whats wrong with punchis? thats what i got lol..
    i have been putting up the stamina skill as well.. should i not be doing that?
    Watch me use my control
    twitch.tv/piffzone
    youtube.com/piffzone

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11

well alot of people actually raised the punch skills, and there are actually people that go punch+kicks after they advance into guardian in the foreign version. the advanced punch skills arnt too bad, just the punch skills before class change has a serious problem :x
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

Lockhartís are forever Reputation: 17

I just went kick boxing style lol, the punch look like it would delay. The build seems sorta familiar like how it was on rose when I made a Raider. Either dual swords or dual katars...as the skills branched off.

Not saying it's similar, but to me there is some relations since I've had experience with that. So I think I will stick with the kick style, I like getting up close and personal.

.:Currently Playing:.
    Insert Game o_O

Allodoxaphobia: Is a fear of opinions.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

Quote Originally Posted by DneL View Post
    Whats wrong with punchis? thats what i got lol..
    i have been putting up the stamina skill as well.. should i not be doing that?
    It's not a "bad" thing..but I would think stamina would b more useful for the shield knights, what I did with my Knuckle knight was go for the accuracy skills first. But It's your build. xD

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    It's not a "bad" thing..but I would think stamina would b more useful for the shield knights, what I did with my Knuckle knight was go for the accuracy skills first. But It's your build. xD

yeah i guess the point of pvp is who has the best build, ima keep mines a secret and different
    Watch me use my control
    twitch.tv/piffzone
    youtube.com/piffzone

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11

nah, there are more things than skill build that changes the win/lose ratio

1. Number of Enchants on your Equipment (this isn't implented at the moment)
    2. Whether you lag or not, fraps could give you lag, if you lag you may lose.
    3. Enough experiance for your character, if you don't know how far this skill dashes back you will have a bit of a problem connecting combos to your opponent.

thats just about it, lag generally sucks ._. it ruins the gameplay! T^T
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

It sure as hell does; I've seen some guardians absolutely kicking ass in PvP, but it's only because they can use split-second timing to maximize their potential.

I'm really annoyed that they let it get to final release and 90% of the population has a ping higher than 800. That's really poor.

Banned Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by .Katie View Post
    It sure as hell does; I've seen some guardians absolutely kicking ass in PvP, but it's only because they can use split-second timing to maximize their potential.

I'm really annoyed that they let it get to final release and 90% of the population has a ping higher than 800. That's really poor.
    More like 20% or less.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast