MMORPG team wanted

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Exclamation MMORPG team wanted

Hello. Ive ahvent been much on these forums. Ok. Well, I havnt been on this whole SITE in like.. a long time... anyway, I was playing MapleStory, and got a sudden feeling to make an MMORPG. Now. I have VERY LITTLE programming experience in Dream Maker Language, used in Byond's game maker. Look it up if you dont know what it is. So. yeah, Im no where near skilled enough to code a whole entire MMORPG. I can make pretty much any type of pixel art, chars, tiles, whatever, I can GFX, make a bit of music, and Im an excellent writer, and I have cool ideas. I have always wanted to make an amazing game, and tried many 2D orpg engines, such as Elysium, Eclipse, Player/Xtreme Worlds, Ogre, and so much more, all seemed to find the slightest error in whatever I did, and not knowing any Code, couldnt do much :/. Back to MapleStory, I want to make an MMORPg in the same graphical style, but with a bigger variety of classes, added races, etc, so I need people to help me out.

Mainly I need coders, who know atleast a little of the more...MMORPG profficient languages... I dont know whats the difference between em, so meh.. I was told to try Java, some people have suggest C++. so meh, Ima work this out with the coders. I will be doing most icons, but since its a Mmorpg (MASSIVE), ima need extra iconners to help me with everything graphical wise. Web developpers might help, but were probably going to use a free forum maker such as Forumotion until we get to the MASSIVE part of the whole thing...Music makers would be great, and GFXers might be cool too

All money that will be earned, from donations, bought things and more, will be used to pay the team, so if we make good enough work that will get people to pay, then you got your dough ! More work = More Money

Ive been talking to my friends from BYOND, and I found a coder wants to help, another who I have to talk to, and im under going the search for artists.

Anyone willing to help, Contact me via MSN - wazzupdude747@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Omega747; 09-21-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Hmm, it sounds like you'd really prefer to emulate maplestory as opposed to actually making a game. If you don't really know a programming language enough to program it yourself, you'll need some sort of redeemable skill that'll make others want to work with you.... like being able to develop a full storyline, concept, and visual representation (IE: concept art)... Anyways, you should just setup a maplestory private server. It'd probably suit you better. You can google it if you feel like doing it.

I like to use: C#.NET, Flash AS2, php, Python, and Ruby
    WINE NEEDS TO ALLOW .NET TO BE INSTALLED! GRR!

Default reply ??

Well, at first, thats what I wanted to do. Some sort of replicca of MS, sort of like Wind Slayer ( Look it up), but then, I found a coder to help me out, and we decided to make an Isometric game, with 3D looking graphics, in the style of Ultima Online. Also, about my skills, I can do pretty much any type of art, I can write whatever story or anything well, and pretty much do everything other than coding, on average. NOT everything, but many things. So anyway, I still need some help.