Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Dagger Explorer?

  1. #1
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 16

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Dagger Explorer?

    Is there such thing as a dagger explorer? Or do you end up using ranged anyways? And if there is no dagger explorer, what is like the quick agile damage dealer guy?

  2. #2
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 206
    Elegance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scuttle Town
    Posts
    4,563
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    There is a dagger explorer. xD Second job for that would be treasure hunter.

  3. #3
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    Cereal&Milk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Then you would need to try out:
    Knuckle Knights -> Guardians
    Warriors -> Bladers

    But only if you despise Dagger Travelers.

    Like I do.

    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

    Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33


  4. #4
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 206
    Elegance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scuttle Town
    Posts
    4,563
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal&Milk View Post
    Then you would need to try out:
    Knuckle Knights -> Guardians
    Warriors -> Bladers

    But only if you despise Dagger Travelers.

    Like I do.
    Why you gatta be so hurtful for? D:

    On topic: When you mentioned those classes, only now do I notice that there are two for every class..

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Reputation: 208
    Arri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,732
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    my first character was going to be a blader, but I just can't stand how SLOW warrior is D:.

    Yes, I could have used knuckles for warrior, but I went sword anyway. The skills just seem so out of place...You can barely swing the sword twice for a regular Z combo, but you can effortlessly swing 3 times quickly for a skill? teh F? :P


  6. #6
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    Cereal&Milk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    my first character was going to be a blader, but I just can't stand how SLOW warrior is D:.

    Yes, I could have used knuckles for warrior, but I went sword anyway. The skills just seem so out of place...You can barely swing the sword twice for a regular Z combo, but you can effortlessly swing 3 times quickly for a skill? teh F? :P
    Then you have to undergo a painful skill cool down.

    Also, Bladers are supah fast, so just use the darned knuckles and then switch to Blades afterwords. :O

    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

    Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33


  7. #7
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 16

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal&Milk View Post
    Then you have to undergo a painful skill cool down.

    Also, Bladers are supah fast, so just use the darned knuckles and then switch to Blades afterwords. :O
    Probably gonna go do the Blader thing, but do Dagger Explorers have any like good skills or what not?

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Reputation: 208
    Arri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,732
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal&Milk View Post
    Then you have to undergo a painful skill cool down.

    Also, Bladers are supah fast, so just use the darned knuckles and then switch to Blades afterwords. :O
    Already playing a knuckle knight -> guardian, so a knuckle warrior would be too redundant for me :P


  9. #9
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    The main thing about dagger explorers is that they have High evasion/crit rates but their HP is garbage. At level 26 my dagger explorer has only like 400+ hp while my knuck knight has 900+ without the passive/buff skills. They cannot handle multiple enemies well (any more than two monsters and you risk being overwhelmed by attacks). They are pretty much a hit and run type class IMO. Their normal attacks are pretty quick though and I suspect at higher levels their evasion will be godly as well as their crit rate. I like the class but you really got to be careful.
    Last edited by Kashis; 09-25-2008 at 01:17 AM.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  10. #10
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    AND its not suggested to choose dagger explorer if you have any sort of weak lag, if you cant jump rope don't play with daggers you'll get cut :/
    there arn't anything special about them because you could dodge pretty well
    with knights too with them having the same passive dodge buff. o-o

    you may dodge less with knights but their hp and the defence they earn from the bucklars... oh my god its crazy o-o!
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  11. #11
    Banned Reputation: 36

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Treasure Hunters become one of the best soloers in the game. Srsly.. I was tanked around by one in KR and they're very strong.
    I love that bomb throwing skill as well.

    They're hard at the beginning I guess.. but they get very fun and very strong.

    They also get shields which give them more defence then knights - and you can get urns muchs easier giving you a bonus over knights in damage arund that level.

    They're not as weak as you think.

    If you really know how to use them you wouldn't ever lose in PVP, srsly no joke.

    If I was to make a second class it would be dagger for sure from my experience in Korean version

    Edit: Raiyuka - are you saying daggers are bad and weak just so no one rolls them so you can play with less people as the same job as you?
    You're a dagger user yourself.
    Hmm.. fishy eh.

  12. #12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 347
    MrTingTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,740
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    im goin to be dagger explorer :] played one in KR latale, its so much fun.
    but its hard at lowlvls so i suggest you to start off with a bow explorer and just reskill at lvl 80.

    Quote Originally Posted by zaberisk2 View Post
    also, bodybuilders donīt eat healthy

  13. #13
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    Cereal&Milk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylce View Post
    Edit: Raiyuka - are you saying daggers are bad and weak just so no one rolls them so you can play with less people as the same job as you?
    You're a dagger user yourself.
    Hmm.. fishy eh.
    Well, I don't know about Raiyuka, but I was attempting it. You guys ruined my plan. >_>

    I'm pretty much making another savings for just my second Reskill and Skill additions. That won't come until around level 60 or 70, though.

    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

    Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33


  14. #14
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    This is my opinion with a little lag, and knight's base health and sta stats covers the defence differences with dagger explorers. its not like the shield having the same defence like bucklers, though in pvp the shields should have same defence to balance it out.

    Im still playing the class because im very unactive because of a load of chores to do every day, i don't have enough time to switch over to another
    class so im staying like this until i get some free time. I could choose a sword knight and get it to lv.80 and class change into a guardian, but i have lag so it wouldn't be such a great choice. im thinking of spear warlords because their
    aoe and offensive/defensive stats are decent.

    Or i can go for a bow explorer and start leveling crazy! their aoe is incredible, it explains why most of the rankers are bow explorers.. i never heard of a dagger explorer in the top 10 rankings, i'll have to visit them to see for myself.
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Reputation: 208
    Arri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,732
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyuka View Post
    This is my opinion with a little lag, and knight's base health and sta stats covers the defence differences with dagger explorers. its not like the shield having the same defence like bucklers, though in pvp the shields should have same defence to balance it out.

    Im still playing the class because im very unactive because of a load of chores to do every day, i don't have enough time to switch over to another
    class so im staying like this until i get some free time. I could choose a sword knight and get it to lv.80 and class change into a guardian, but i have lag so it wouldn't be such a great choice. im thinking of spear warlords because their
    aoe and offensive/defensive stats are decent.

    Or i can go for a bow explorer and start leveling crazy! their aoe is incredible, it explains why most of the rankers are bow explorers.. i never heard of a dagger explorer in the top 10 rankings, i'll have to visit them to see for myself.
    Sword Knight to Guardian? :P


  16. #16
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Yes, because everybody knows thats a faster way to level AND sword knights are sort of lag friendly unlike knuckles and daggers.
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  17. #17
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 10
    Sanokun711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal&Milk View Post
    Then you would need to try out:
    Knuckle Knights -> Guardians
    Warriors -> Bladers

    But only if you despise Dagger Travelers.

    Like I do.
    Knuckle Guardians are a total FAIL

    And Dagger explorers are alright but me I perfer xbow. I tried out the dagger explorer but it wasn't so great in pvp..Just to let you know...
    DNF:Shapeshifter
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Shakujou:level 10 soon to be Nen MasterEAD
    Sakura*Star:level 26 SpitfireEAD
    Chiki*Devil:level 10 soon to be Battle MageEAD

  18. #18
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    Cereal&Milk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokun711 View Post
    Knuckle Guardians are a total FAIL

    And Dagger explorers are alright but me I perfer xbow. I tried out the dagger explorer but it wasn't so great in pvp..Just to let you know...
    It's a skill-based thing, but in the KR La Tale Guardians did rule the PvP charts for a while. Their PvE is also awesome. Don't underestimate them because you see that the players now are suffering from latency issues and low accuracy.

    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

    Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33


  19. #19
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11
    Raiyuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    There has to be another way to fix that stupid latency issue -__- i don't even feel like logging on anymore..
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

  20. #20
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 16

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Would it just be better to go Knuckle Warrior then Blader? It just seems there are WAYY too many warriors, and I never like playing over populated stuff.

  21. #21
    Super Moderator Reputation: 208
    Arri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,732
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokun711 View Post
    Knuckle Guardians are a total FAIL
    So then you're saying Guardians are total FAIL right? Cause guardians can't use anything other than knuckles :P


  22. #22
    Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 31
    Ceres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rainbow Paradise
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylce View Post
    Treasure Hunters become one of the best soloers in the game. Srsly.. I was tanked around by one in KR and they're very strong.
    I love that bomb throwing skill as well.

    They're hard at the beginning I guess.. but they get very fun and very strong.

    They also get shields which give them more defence then knights - and you can get urns muchs easier giving you a bonus over knights in damage arund that level.

    They're not as weak as you think.

    If you really know how to use them you wouldn't ever lose in PVP, srsly no joke.

    If I was to make a second class it would be dagger for sure from my experience in Korean version

    Edit: Raiyuka - are you saying daggers are bad and weak just so no one rolls them so you can play with less people as the same job as you?
    You're a dagger user yourself.
    Hmm.. fishy eh.
    Daggers suck period, Slyce sucks more period. and periods sucks even more period
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkaMerka View Post
    How did you get a pet and cash gear in latale? the only fashion gear I see thats not money wise is free.

  23. #23
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 17
    MoonlightDarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,153
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    Daggers suck period, Slyce sucks more period. and periods sucks even more period
    That is your opinion, Ms Biased FAQ writer.

  24. #24
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 32
    Cereldi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    1,925
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylce View Post
    They also get shields which give them more defence then knights - and you can get urns muchs easier giving you a bonus over knights in damage arund that level.
    wait wait wait wait

    more defense than knights?

    the Knight is the tanking class and...oh wait!

    THEY ALSO HAVE A SHIELD TOO!!!!!

    hmmm coulda thought of that one couldn't u?


    unless u meant to talk about warriors rather than knights

    but if u aren't then you obviously lack some intel here
    Knights not only get a shield, but they also have the msc. skills directed to increasing there stamina, to say a mere dagger traveler has more def than them is like saying a warrior is a ranged character, its stupid


    Intelligence is just a flame post away

  25. #25
    Banned Reputation: 36

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereldi View Post
    wait wait wait wait

    more defense than knights?

    the Knight is the tanking class and...oh wait!

    THEY ALSO HAVE A SHIELD TOO!!!!!

    hmmm coulda thought of that one couldn't u?


    unless u meant to talk about warriors rather than knights

    but if u aren't then you obviously lack some intel here
    Knights not only get a shield, but they also have the msc. skills directed to increasing there stamina, to say a mere dagger traveler has more def than them is like saying a warrior is a ranged character, its stupid
    I'm obviously talking about Knuckle Knights since that's the secondary subject of the thread.
    Watch your flame before you get the whole story, fool.


    Ceres -- imma slap you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •