im goin to try somethin crazy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default im goin to try somethin crazy

yes i kno i kno most guides and people on various boards say dont use knuckles with a wizard but im gonna do it but with a twist. Im gonna try using the beam tree mixed with a element either wind or fire Aoe style.

The only set back is i dont kno wat element to choose between the two. The reason i want to try it is to have magic damage mixed with physical and hit multiple enimies all tha time.

My damage output might not be alot but wat tha heck its worth a try. The question i wanna ask u all is take the fire's enchantment or take the wind's speed.
    Any other info that u may want to give to me will be greatly appreciated, thanks for all responses good or bad.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun, and I would pick fire..but that's because I've seen everything wind has to offer. Anyway, a big downside to that would be either skills missing a lot, or your miscs failing to keep up with your level. =/

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 10

Actually thats not a bad idea at all. I play on korean latale at the moment and one of my closest friends is a dagger mage. It's similar to a knuckle mage.

He uses the wind element though right now

His level is 102 and im a level 98

But right now im going mage and I can't decide if I want 2 elements or not.

But yea try using knuckle its definitly diffrent and you can always skill reset
    DNF:Shapeshifter
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Shakujou:level 10 soon to be Nen MasterEAD
    Sakura*Star:level 26 SpitfireEAD
    Chiki*Devil:level 10 soon to be Battle MageEAD

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

i see wat u are sayin but wouldnt that be the downside for all magic hybrids. Also i saw a youtube vid of a guy mixing both wind and knife skills, i should think mine would work since his skill points went into both melee and throw, i am only goin into one tree (I know he was sorcerer and had alot of points).

I would try to focus on accuracy for both fire magic and knucks, but then my attack dmg my suffer ooooh well only way to find out is to try.While experimentin i put points into the first wind and fire skill and points into the first beam skill. My strategy was first use fire then wind heavy attack as the animation gets into affect sonic boom (worked pretty well).

Sadly i eventually dumped the character because of all the guides and topics say never use knucks with wizard blah blah blah (yes i get discouraged easily). But honestly for a starter character i want skills that flowed and got that only with wizard/knuck hybrid, it just always at the back of my mind never mix em "sigh".

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 10

What I would recomend is when you get funded enough try it out and if it turns out to be a bust just reskill.
    DNF:Shapeshifter
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Shakujou:level 10 soon to be Nen MasterEAD
    Sakura*Star:level 26 SpitfireEAD
    Chiki*Devil:level 10 soon to be Battle MageEAD

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 17

biggest reason why people suggest dagger for wizards is the fact that you can wear a shield. Wizards have terrible hp and need all the defense they can get. I gone 2 trees, wind and healing. Right now it works for solo, blows trying to keep a knight at high hp. Gotta constantly cast my party heal to keep his hp up and it cost a lot of mana (64) for around 150 hp heal
    Currently Playing:
    Aion: IGN-Famous
    Server:Zikel
    Race/Class: Elyos/Templar

Steam ID: NonConGuy

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    biggest reason why people suggest dagger for wizards is the fact that you can wear a shield. Wizards have terrible hp and need all the defense they can get. I gone 2 trees, wind and healing. Right now it works for solo, blows trying to keep a knight at high hp. Gotta constantly cast my party heal to keep his hp up and it cost a lot of mana (64) for around 150 hp heal
    But the thing is you don't need to wear a dagger to use a shield. I heard that there is a dagger that gives magical power but some people actually get the physical attack skills. I personally wouldn't do it because of mages low str stat but with knucks? At least the dagger shield combo offers some defense.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 17

I always thought knuckles were 2 handed weapons, barehanded fighting is not the same as knuckles. I really dont know about getting dagger/knuckle skills for wizards cause wizards are suppose to be nukers, not fighters.
    Currently Playing:
    Aion: IGN-Famous
    Server:Zikel
    Race/Class: Elyos/Templar

Steam ID: NonConGuy

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    I always thought knuckles were 2 handed weapons, barehanded fighting is not the same as knuckles. I really dont know about getting dagger/knuckle skills for wizards cause wizards are suppose to be nukers, not fighters.
    yeah they are. Knucks and daggers have pretty much the same atk rating though (knucks have a higher min damage than daggers but lower max). I with ya on the skill part cause i honestly think you'd be better off with a second element than getting physical attack skills as supplements.

Hey SanoKun, how much damage does your friend do with dagger skills compared with his magical skills? I'm curious as to how they match up.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokun711 View Post
    Actually thats not a bad idea at all. I play on korean latale at the moment and one of my closest friends is a dagger mage. It's similar to a knuckle mage.

He uses the wind element though right now

His level is 102 and im a level 98

But right now im going mage and I can't decide if I want 2 elements or not.

But yea try using knuckle its definitly diffrent and you can always skill reset
    All lies, its all lies without screenshot proof!
    Na Latale - Iris Server
    Corvina - Lv.36 Hybrid Dagger Explorer
    Kr DnF - Shapeshifter Siroco
    Coretta - Lv.45 Ranger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast