HOw do I make money?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 245

Default HOw do I make money?

SO yeah I'm Lvl 41 now, and my money is only depleting as I level up. I thought the higher level quests would = more money. And higher level mobs would = better drops. But that is hardly the case.. some quests don't even give ely rewards now. And alot of them only give 1K/10K ely. SO what the heck do I do? I was richer at LVl 25 than I am at Lvl 41. I've only got 55 K left WTF? I'm willing to farm for a while, but I just gotta know were to farm. Can anyone help me?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

You must be doing something wrong. In OBT when I had been level 43, I had over 300k from just quests. Mind you, whenever each new armor set came out, I would waste AT LEAST 100k on new armors, weapons and supplies.

You must have been re-skilling or something. It's hard to bounce back after a re-skill.

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal&Milk View Post
    You must be doing something wrong. In OBT when I had been level 43, I had over 300k from just quests. Mind you, whenever each new armor set came out, I would waste AT LEAST 100k on new armors, weapons and supplies.

You must have been re-skilling or something. It's hard to bounce back after a re-skill.
    Oh yeah, I did re-skill once. but it was only 100K and I had 450 K at the time. Maby I'm spending to much on pots or something.. I would sell my drops on shop mode, but then that would leave me with no time to actually play. I cant leave it on over night, because it waists to much electricity. I really wish there was an auction house. anyways..do you normally solo? Or do yo uparty when you quest/Lvl up? I'm in a party every time I level so I'm not sure if thats got something to do with it.
    Last edited by Thetake; 09-27-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Super Moderator Reputation: 168

Are you keeping money you don't need at the time in the bank? How often do you die?

IIRC, dieing is -10% Ely, so it's always a good idea to keep a bunch in the bank.

Like from a bunch of 23-24 quests I made 80k, so I put 50k in the bank. That sorta stuff.

Are you buying Iron Wills like crazy? Thats another giant money sink :P

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 74

Whenever I get like, 3k+ ely on me I'll always make a trip to the bank.
    I'm a cheapskate like that. And yet I'm still broke.

So yeah, just chuck all of your ely into the bank.
    To prevent you from losing "too much" ely when you die.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

I also find that the higher lv quests are giving less money than the lower lv ones. Right now quests give like 1k to 5k which isn't helpful.

Anyway what I do is go farm at the bottom of ant cave for equip drops. 1 hr of farming can get me a full bag of equips, not forgetting crystal mine tix that can be found. The spawn at the bottom of ant cave is really nice for training, even at lv 35.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

I ended up in the hole around that level too..mainly because a reskill costs more than 100k with the skills you have to rebuy. I'm not all that sure what I did to get out of it, I guess I slowed on down on my pot spammage, and started usuing the combo pots right after the effect from an hp and an sp pot wore off mid skill combo. It costs a bit more when you stock up, but saves time I guess. >_< I'm no good with money..

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

2.3 mil ely here. And I havnt been farming ums at all.

Super Moderator Reputation: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    2.3 mil ely here. And I havnt been farming ums at all.
    he asked how to make money, not for show offs to come in showing how much they have.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 15

Hmmm, i'm at your lvl and i'm fine on the money part.

Basically what I do is Quest (i don't know about u, but my quests give 30K Ely normally), when i'm not questing, Go to an area w/ Green name monsters so you can easily take it out. Lvl up and make around 50 - 70K Ely then go back to town and sell off all misc items. I normally sell even the equips that I drop unless one of my guildmates wants them.

But one big factor really is what class are you? Since i'm a knight, I mainly only burn SP pots and rarely use HP pots. So i save a lot of money on pots

MSGlobal - Windia Server
    BunnieSama - Lvl 69 Bandit
    SyconeZ - Lvl 2X Warrior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast