My Review of CHAOS ONLINE!

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 12

Arrow My Review of CHAOS ONLINE!

Well as promised i said i would review this game for you all. I had been looking for a good mmorpg and decided to go along the lines of a 2.5D game for my first time.

My first impressions were exactly how i wanted them to be. I thought it rocked from the start, and at a whoppin 750mb max download i felt like this was just great.

Now remember this game is in ALPHA TESTING, so lets not be too judgemental.

Graphics
    The Graphics, to my surprise, were great which i thought would be awful. Your character and the environment blend in quite well, with the exception of a few choppy areas. I hadnt experienced the other races, which i will discuss in a minute, areas and see how they matched though.

Sound
    The Sound was good for my standards, because sound is not a huge issue for me. The music was quite enjoyable when you roam around and it didnt play crazily or too loudly to bug you, so i was happy. Again it matched the area that i was in quite nicely.

Gameplay
    You have 3 classes to choose from - Warrior, Ranger, Mage (named differently for each race). There are 3 races as well - Draconian, Natarian, and Genotian. I chose to be a Genotian Gunman, futuristic people. At first i was a lil lost but when i got my head i found how to start it all easily. There is a "Novice" Guide who helps you through most of the basics and many quests after that to further guide you towards understanding the game. The starting area has a good lvl set of monsters and a basic town, so it is not too overwhelming. F1-F8 are slots for skills and 1-9 are for potions, food, etc. So the key order worked out quite nicely. The skills for me were not very flashy, but i am a ranger at lvl 19 so not much along the lines of uber aoe lol. I have seen many pics and videos that do show the skills later on are quite magnificent. To add there is A LOT of quests, i find myself never grinding. It seems that every lvl there is a few quests i unlock. The cool thing is they have a tab, under the quest list window, that says query. This shows what quests are available and in which town that you havent started. I am not sure about grind as a higher lvl, but so far none at all, which i love. One last thing it is standard rpg where u can set attribute points to certain skills.

Special Features
    There is a neat growth system which allows you to upgrade the lvl and quality of most items, which include armor, weapons, eudemons(pets), and mounts. Speaking of mounts from what i saw, there is 3, which can be purchased at lvl 30 for 500k, which money is quite easy to obtain. The cool thing is that it not only increases movement speed by 30% but you can also fight and cast spells of your mounts. There is also a race war, instances, and Resource race, among other things.

Community
    This is probably the one problem i did had with the game. There were little to no people playing online, but the few that were helped me a lot. At first i was angry about this, but then thought about it and realized, people have a few lvl 40s, are bored atm, its still in ALPHA testing, and want Beta to be released. I believe if i joined earlier in the alpha i would have had a better experience. It was still a good time for me, dont get me wrong, but it can be a perfect review lol.

Final Words
    Overall i really enjoyed this game and am still playing it, the lvl cap is 40 for the ALPHA testing, which i am only lvl 19. There is probably much i havent experienced, but i believe i covered many of the main points/features. I personally urge people to try this game ASAP, but if you feel it is not up to your standards try it out when Beta is released. They have a lot of work to accomplish and its only the start to an awesome game.

Hope my review was helpful, if you want me to add more tell me.

*On a side note i want a class transfer feature like in Magic World, where at certain lvls you can choose a different title path, like Ranger lvl 1 ---> Bounty Hunter Lvl 15, example of Magic World. Its still a ranger but diff. set of skills and specializations. Think class tree.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

Yup if look at the rankings you'll find that theres actually a ton of level 40s. Theres quite a few people playing this game, its just that they are taking a break tilll beta. Theres pretty much nothing to do but farm and chat ingame with friends. Takes like 2 days to get to 40.. I just wish they would raise the freakin cap

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

hey

I read the review and I think it's very good, I even want to try the game ! But i'm not convinced about the graphics..
    Well I guess i'll see it when I have the game

Retired Staff Reputation: 22

i honestly liked the graphics but im one to enjoy older classic looks.especially the genocian area as it was modern.

Banned Reputation: 10

I prefer going to youtube and check it out first

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 13

Default Very good review

Now thats a person who takes time on a review,a person who has playd the game and studied all the effects of its science.
    Great review,and its a great 2.5D game.
    !!!***OPEN YOUR MIND TO THE NEW WORLD OF GRAPHIX***!!!
    CARMEN ELECTRA FTW!!!

TAKE THIS TAG IF YOU PLAY MAPLE STORY
    MSN>>>Neoz.9@hotmail.com<<<MSN

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

good review you got there.. thanks for sharing the info... but how about the side effects of the game?..