General opinions about the game?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

Can anyone tell me are there any differences between the USA and European PW ? Are they at the same version or is one more patched then the other one ?

Banned Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfencer View Post
    So who likes the game, and why do ya like it?

Also, first post/thread in this board! Yay me!
    Bcuz I live near MY and cash cards got sell in shops. Nice vast gameplay and graphic. Perfect 4 Perfect world :P

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by King_Grunt View Post
    Can anyone tell me are there any differences between the USA and European PW ? Are they at the same version or is one more patched then the other one ?
    The two should be pretty much the same, except that (at least for now, don't know if they intend to fix it), the european translation is terrible. Some stuff isn't translated (so quests display no text at all), or the translation reads like it's been done by someone who doesn't know english. Maybe a babelfish/google/whatever translation.

PW-Europe says they want to translate to other languages, too. IMHO, they should start by translating to english first :-)

It's also visibily incomplete --- a lot of the text boxes are too small, text is cut off or mixed up.

Other than that, it should be the same. I was lvl 42 on international, started to feel bored (the game doesn't change at all as you progress, at least for a Venomancer. They only have that one big island, I was still using the skill I started with, plus another one that looks pretty much the same, I've been using the same pet since lvl 17 and so on. Nothing changes, ever).

I also read a lot about their power-abusive GMs; I was especially worried since they like to ban Venomancers killing a certain boss --- but killing that boss is supposedly required for a quest, so I really had no idea what to do when the quest would show up eventually.

Europe launched, so I started there --- big mistake; I only made it to 28, then I dropped PW completely for now. Concerning GMs, the european guys seem to be just as bad, and looking back I don't even know how I could possibly think restarting on Europe would make the game more interesting... and as it turned out, with the broken translations and the unfinished layout the game felt a lot worse.

I've played very few F2P MMO"RP"Gs where I actually made a second char, I never moved to another server, and certainly not to another company... and Perfect World does not look like a game that I'd want to replay again from the beginning.
    My current game status
    ( Not playing anythiing these days, seems F2P MMO"RP"Gs have finally pissed me off enough )
    Went back to Cabal for a bit, but PK isn't my thing at all, so I don't know how long I'll stay this time.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

This game beats WoW in character customization, imo.

how do i get the US version? I tried googling but the site i found directed me back to PW International for the download; I just started trying to play and the lag is unbearable, 15+ seconds to target something etc..

I've also read mention so far of playing thru a proxy and getting better ping times, I'm continuing to google but any advice would be great

I love Perfect World. The graphics are great and the character creation is the best, its hard to get a human to have purple and silver hair in most games. lol
    Leveling is fast, but not to fast; questing is good, I like helping others with theirs the most if they ask nicely.
    Winged Elves can fly from the start, also with the other classes they can as well at level 30.

Just with Venomancers, (fox) I wish they can change color of their fur when they transform into a fox though, that would be cool.

Kittylover, their is a icon that you can press for crowded places such as towns and cities, it makes your character move faster.

i love perfect world, i play on the malaysian/english server though, i dont know what the differences are between the int server and MY/EN.

character customization is a very big plus, i've never seen a game (inlcuding paid-for games) with the type of detail you can choose.

some people complain about the lag, but I usually dont have much problem.

The translations can be pretty bad, but they seem to be improving.

I also play Guild Wars, but now that I'm playing PW I rarely go back to GW.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Thumbs down Got to level 36! That's it for me I guess :P

Well this game is very interesting. I went in wanting a game that reminded me of the old days of EverQuest 1 (p2p ancient MMORPG game), and this game has some similar aspects.

• Perfect World is all about leveling. I wanted to have some PVP fun at lower levels, but you have to get to higher levels (50+ at least) to get involved with Territory Wars.
    • The chat system is horrendous. It's clunky and makes it hard to communicate with people in your level range. Right now I have to talk in common chat or to people in my friends list to set up groups to do dungeons or larger mobs or grinding groups. That leaves you feeling very isolated in a very big world (that's one of the pluses... this game has a lot of players). The world chat requires a cash shop purchase and it is a consumable item (have to keep buying more).
    • I didn't like how much the game encouraged high level players to "chaperone" lower players in dungeons. I wanted to have a group of similar level players to do my first FB, but it's near impossible to setup such a group in a timely manner with the chat mechanisms (see above) in place. Having a high level in your group to clear a dungeon takes all the fun and challenge out of the game. I hated this aspect of the game.

I got up to level 36 with my cleric. It was not a fun game till around level 15.. and then after a short while it became a chore. It's really just another leveling game (I won't say exactly a grindfest because of the high level of quests, but it's grindy enough to make me lose interest).

If they improved the chat mechanisms and provided ways for lower levels to have fun with pvp elements... that would really be a game changer for me. I wouldn't be leaving the game if it just had a little more tweaking done to it.

My advice is to check it out and give it a week or 2 to decide whether you like it. I am not liking it in it's current condition.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 34

I was like completely OBSESSED with PW when I first started, and I played non-stop for five months. Ended up on lvl 73, winged elf!
    But after a while, I got bored, cause it took so long for me to lvl and I felt like I had experienced a lot of PW already so it just got boring.

Good game, though - very good game, especially since it's free.

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 13

Thanks for all the answers. Was going to try it out again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast