Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Text-Based RPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Yes I already Installed Dev c Please I need to know Sir

Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75

Alright, well, it'll be much easier if we can talk in real time. Do you have a chat client like Skype, or can you use Google Chat?
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

Yes I do WANT TO LEARN

Yes I do and I am only 13

Don't worry, it's never too early to learn! There may be a few math things that you might need to learn, but it's nothing too bad. If you have Skype, feel free to add me; it's adamdharrison@gmail.com, and I can give you a more specific advice.
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 134

Did you ever finish these tutorials? Would be cool to sticky them if you did.

Nah, never really continued with them. Didn't seem like there was much interest. May eventually write some, but I'm rather busy these days. We'll see.
    THIS MA SIGNATURE

So I was looking through google and it brought up this thread as first on the list, so that's how I got here.

I realize this is an old thread, but as you have replied to it about 2 months ago, I'm going to take it that you're still willing to help people. I've done your tutorial and am interested to learn more. I've looked at a few C++ websites and worked on some projects such as making my own window, but if I am able to get a more personal touch to my tutorage I'd love that.

I want to tell you why I'm interested in doing this. I have a group of friends who, through High School, College, and now our adult life are just big nerds for RPG's. For years we've played DND and we played a text based game called DragonRealms for more hours than I'm proud to admit. For about a year now we've enjoyed hooking up our computers together to play this game called Artemis Bridge Simulator. We've become great fans of playing a game that requires all of us to work together to make a ship operate and have converted that to a Pen and Pencil game we've been playing.

I'm wishing to learn C++ so I can make a small text based game for us. I have no visions for a grand scale game with hundreds and hundreds of rooms and creatures. I simply wish to learn how to create a texted based game upon this small spaceship that requires multiple individuals to run and can add different scenario's as we progress through our Role Play on this vessel.

If you have any tutorials or personal knowledge, and are willing to lend you're time in helping me learn in order to make this little project, I would be much appreciated. I'll be looking for your reply and how I can get started! Thanks.

I would recommend a videos I love watching tutorial videso because then you can see exactly where all the buttons are locates. I always -__- get lost in tutorials because I can't figure how to get to a certain menu option.
    Hey I'm working on a Harvest-Moon/ Animal Crossing inspire MMO
    I hope you'll check it out. http://www.Pumpkin-Online.com

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

It's really simple input/output. A good place for beginners to have fun and really get interested.
    I'm guessing that's why it's at the beginning of every "Learn C++" book in existence. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12