View Poll Results: X-Box 360 or PS3

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

    80 50.00%
  • X-Box 360

    80 50.00%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 253

Thread: OnRPG choose my next gen console...

  1. #151
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 44
    Necronax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maryland.
    Posts
    2,872
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Can a mod change the settings so the poll closes next monday? I forgot to do so when I made the thread

    thanks

    and guys its just a game systems take it easy..

  2. #152
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 34
    xSoulEx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Clifton Park NY
    Posts
    1,480
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Id say go for the PS3.


    "I usually assume my teammates are retarded."

    http://justified-gaming.enjin.com/

  3. #153
    Retired Staff Reputation: 268
    shadowsworn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,139
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necronax View Post
    Can a mod change the settings so the poll closes next monday? I didn't think you guys would be idiots and keep this stupid argument going for so damn long
    __*ahem*__

  4. #154
    A Shrubbery Reputation: 10
    Richard0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    822
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Go for the PS3; your leaning towards it anyway.


    Fuxey
    The game is called STOP ****ING QUOTING EVERY SINGLE SCREENSHOT WHEN YOU WANT TO REPLY online...

  5. #155
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    While I agree that it is quite a large generalization, it still stands in my eyes. I've played the few RPGs I could find on the 360, and other than Mass Effect, none are games I'd write home about. Halo and GoW on the other hand? Amazing shooters. I've always known the PS franchise as my RPG hub. Hell, it's been the Final Fantasy hub for quite some time now, as well as a long line of RPGs that a lot of people grew up with.

    Honestly, it's just preference. Look what each will offer you, and get the one that offers the most.
    ew, you think Halo was good? gears looks pretty good but halo? Cmon!

    And the ps3 actually has WAY more shooters then it does RPGs, plus rpgs belong on the PC way more then console games.


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  6. #156
    Retired Staff Reputation: 54
    Str1der's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    ew, you think Halo was good? gears looks pretty good but halo? Cmon!

    And the ps3 actually has WAY more shooters then it does RPGs, plus rpgs belong on the PC way more then console games.
    Denying the success of Halo is silly. It was a great game, no doubts. Best shooter ever made? Of course not. What made it great was it's originality. Based off of Ring World, great story, fun gameplay, and a cool main character. What's not to love?




    "Basically it was a ball of mechanical shit." - SandMan

    I love you.. lmfao
    I love you too

    I love Cloud13 more than anything in the world, though. His Magic...rawr

    I've also decided to have Gabriel change my username to StriWonder, when he gets a chance.

  7. #157
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    Denying the success of Halo is silly. It was a great game, no doubts. Best shooter ever made? Of course not. What made it great was it's originality. Based off of Ring World, great story, fun gameplay, and a cool main character. What's not to love?
    - the guns
    - the Pussy Sheild that can take 2 SMG clips.
    - 6 year old kids.
    - Repetitive gameplay.
    - ITS NOT ORIGINAL, OMGZ SPACE MARINE HAS TO KILL ALIENS OMGZ!!! HAVENT HEARD THAT BEFORE!!!!
    - Story was VERY predictable.


    i have to admit, Master Cheif was pretty bad ass!


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  8. #158
    Retired Staff Reputation: 54
    Str1der's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    - the guns
    - the Pussy Sheild that can take 2 SMG clips.
    - 6 year old kids.
    - Repetitive gameplay.
    - ITS NOT ORIGINAL, OMGZ SPACE MARINE HAS TO KILL ALIENS OMGZ!!! HAVENT HEARD THAT BEFORE!!!!
    - Story was VERY predictable.


    i have to admit, Master Cheif was pretty bad ass!
    Well, to each their own, I guess! :P




    "Basically it was a ball of mechanical shit." - SandMan

    I love you.. lmfao
    I love you too

    I love Cloud13 more than anything in the world, though. His Magic...rawr

    I've also decided to have Gabriel change my username to StriWonder, when he gets a chance.

  9. #159
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 102
    Runahs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    2,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    - the guns
    - the Pussy Sheild that can take 2 SMG clips.
    - 6 year old kids.
    - Repetitive gameplay.
    - ITS NOT ORIGINAL, OMGZ SPACE MARINE HAS TO KILL ALIENS OMGZ!!! HAVENT HEARD THAT BEFORE!!!!
    - Story was VERY predictable.


    i have to admit, Master Cheif was pretty bad ass!
    Name a console FPS that was as successful as halo. Besides Golden Eye maybe. Not to mention it revolutionized console online gaming with halo 2.

  10. #160
    Banned Reputation: 235

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    11,116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ok, let's settle some things regarding Halo, because this debate is heading for more irrelevant territory than a Palin speech.

    Is that all Halo supporters have got? The success of the franchise? Bioshock did in ONE game what Halo couldn't do in 3, and because of opinions like that of Halo fans, people were still foolish enough to hold Halo 3 up as some kind of equal or superior, despite the fact that Bioshock surpassed it in every imaginable way that matters, even for a console port (Essentially).

    There have been many FPS before, during and after Halo's existence that have done more, factually, for the genre than Halo did. As Yahtzee said: its fans tend to feel like the multiplayer excuses the fact that it's such a sub-par, mediocre-at-best single player game. It doesn't, at all. If Bungie swallowed the pride and just admitted that the franchise had been reduced to nothing more than a multiplayer game with little to no emphasis on the single player experience, then I might have a bit more respect.

    Halo hasn't revolutionised the genre in ANY way. Red Faction has as many, if not more, revolutionary features than Halo 3, it just wasn't online, but so what?

    People who feel that because you cannot deny the success, you cannot deny the "quality", are being remarkably silly. That's like the foolish people who say "The Pussycat Dolls must be doing something right to sell all those records.", as if success is somehow indicative of quality. Let us remember; success is determined by the majority, usually. So let's not suggest they determine quality either.

    Halo was an average FPS at the very height of its quality, in my opinion. Duke Nukem 3D is more fun. What Halo had the fortune of being was the in thing. It's the game release that celebs showed up to because they thought they had to, because it was famous.

    As for the quality of the game itself, I'm not a fan. You can do worse, but you can do a lot better. Halo is like the Coldplay of FPS, the Harry Potter of FPS. It holds wide enough appeal that people who usually choose poorly can pretend and feel like they've made a great choice, without being exceptionally great, or even very good. Yet, due to the fact that it now has people feeling good and involved, they praise it even more. Flattery gets you everywhere, and Halo has done that.

    I don't need games to let me be good at them, I'm good enough. That's why I feel personally insulted when I see Halo player after Halo player, novice or experience, strafing around one another, emptying rifle clip after rifle clip into each other, until one of them has to reload and eventually gets killed with a melee attack. Also, no, before anyone replies, it's not a matter of being good. I've watched Halo tournaments for massive prize money and it's the same thing.

    If you love Halo, then away you go, taste is subjective and I respect everyone's personal right to feel it's the best game ever. Just don't sit there acting like they've changed gaming, they haven't dented impact in the FPS genre, much less gaming. When Perfect Dark on the N64 is shaming you in terms of innovation and execution, you need to look at why, with all that has existed since, and the power you have at your games company's hands, you haven't surpassed it.

    To me? There's no excuse. The only reason I can think of is that people try less because they know people will accept less.
    Last edited by Norrin Radd; 11-13-2008 at 05:04 AM.

  11. #161
    Retired Staff Reputation: 54
    Str1der's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Ok, let's settle some things regarding Halo, because this debate is heading for more irrelevant territory than a Palin speech.

    Is that all Halo supporters have got? The success of the franchise? Bioshock did in ONE game what Halo couldn't do in 3, and because of opinions like that of Halo fans, people were still foolish enough to hold Halo 3 up as some kind of equal or superior, despite the fact that Bioshock surpassed it in every imaginable way that matters, even for a console port (Essentially).

    There have been many FPS before, during and after Halo's existence that have done more, factually, for the genre than Halo did. As Yahtzee said: its fans tend to feel like the multiplayer excuses the fact that it's such a sub-par, mediocre-at-best single player game. It doesn't, at all. If Bungie swallowed the pride and just admitted that the franchise had been reduced to nothing more than a multiplayer game with little to no emphasis on the single player experience, then I might have a bit more respect.

    Halo hasn't revolutionised the genre in ANY way. Red Faction has as many, if not more, revolutionary features than Halo 3, it just wasn't online, but so what?

    People who feel that because you cannot deny the success, you cannot deny the "quality", are being remarkably silly. That's like the foolish people who say "The Pussycat Dolls must be doing something right to sell all those records.", as if success is somehow indicative of quality. Let us remember; success is determined by the majority, usually. So let's not suggest they determine quality either.

    Halo was an average FPS at the very height of its quality, in my opinion. Duke Nukem 3D is more fun. What Halo had the fortune of being was the in thing. It's the game release that celebs showed up to because they thought they had to, because it was famous.

    As for the quality of the game itself, I'm not a fan. You can do worse, but you can do a lot better. Halo is like the Coldplay of FPS, the Harry Potter of FPS. It holds wide enough appeal that people who usually choose poorly can pretend and feel like they've made a great choice, without being exceptionally great, or even very good. Yet, due to the fact that it now has people feeling good and involved, they praise it even more. Flattery gets you everywhere, and Halo has done that.

    I don't need games to let me be good at them, I'm good enough. That's why I feel personally insulted when I see Halo player after Halo player, novice or experience, strafing around one another, emptying rifle clip after rifle clip into each other, until one of them has to reload and eventually gets killed with a melee attack. Also, no, before anyone replies, it's not a matter of being good. I've watched Halo tournaments for massive prize money and it's the same thing.

    If you love Halo, then away you go, taste is subjective and I respect everyone's personal right to feel it's the best game ever. Just don't sit there acting like they've changed gaming, they haven't dented impact in the FPS genre, much less gaming. When Perfect Dark on the N64 is shaming you in terms of innovation and execution, you need to look at why, with all that has existed since, and the power we have at your games company's hands, you haven't surpassed it.
    It was good. It was successful. It was fun. It is what the original XBox marketed itself around for quite some time. It was Microsofts poster child. Just because the majority disagrees with you doesn't give your opinion a large amount of validity. Hundreds of thousands of people would, and will, disagree with you on this matter. Hell, non-gamers even played the game and still do to this day.

    Deal with it.




    "Basically it was a ball of mechanical shit." - SandMan

    I love you.. lmfao
    I love you too

    I love Cloud13 more than anything in the world, though. His Magic...rawr

    I've also decided to have Gabriel change my username to StriWonder, when he gets a chance.

  12. #162
    Banned Reputation: 235

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    11,116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    It was good. It was successful. It was fun. It is what the original XBox marketed itself around for quite some time. It was Microsofts poster child.

    Deal with it.
    It seems you're the one with problems dealing, considering you're still pushing the "It was good." remark with matter-of-fact text tone.

    You don't get to do that. You thought it was good, I didn't.

    Do you have any legitimate counters to the points I raised or are you just here to be counter-productively abrasive? You thought it was good and fun, I thought it was poor. Neither of us are right or wrong on our opinion of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    Just because the majority disagrees with you doesn't give your opinion a large amount of validity. Hundreds of thousands of people would, and will, disagree with you on this matter. Hell, non-gamers even played the game and still do to this day.

    Deal with it.
    Truly the best way to prove my point was to let you do it for me.

    "Hell, non-gamers even played the game and still do to this day.".

    To which I psychically said:

    "Halo is like the Coldplay of FPS, the Harry Potter of FPS. It holds wide enough appeal that people who usually choose poorly can pretend and feel like they've made a great choice, without being exceptionally great, or even very good. Yet, due to the fact that it now has people feeling good and involved, they praise it even more. Flattery gets you everywhere, and Halo has done that.".

    I'm way ahead of you, because I knew you'd come with that argument, and it fails.

    "I don't read, but I've gotta say, those Harry Potter books are amazing.". No, their ability to hook you in doesn't therefore mean all the books that didn't are inferior or lesser. It means you needed something specifically designed to make you feel good about yourself before your dare dip your feet into the literary water. Halo isn't any different.

    Opinions are still opinions. No amount of them is equal to fact, so it doesn't matter what the majority believes, or the minority.
    Last edited by Norrin Radd; 11-13-2008 at 05:10 AM.

  13. #163
    Banned Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have to agree good or bad are opinion based remarks.

    Now if you said it was successful then yes that could be proven with sales records and other crap.

  14. #164
    Retired Staff Reputation: 54
    Str1der's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    It seems you're the one with problems dealing, considering you're still pushing the "It was good." remark with matter-of-fact text tone.

    You don't get to do that. You thought it was good, I didn't.

    Do you have any legitimate counters to the points I raised or are you just here to be counter-productively abrasive? You thought it was good and fun, I thought it was poor. Neither of us are right or wrong on our opinion of the game.
    Well, let's think this through, shall we? First off, sales were record high on just about each game that was made. Every game scored ATLEAST a 9/10 on just about every game reviewing site. It was fun, fast paced, and quite entertaining. It's one of the most played games in the world at the moment, with tournaments still being held to this day for numerous amounts of prizes.

    I have no problem dealing with it. I recognize facts when I see them. Your opinion is that it sucked. That's awesome. But you thinking it sucked doesn't take away from the fact that it was still an extremely successful game in terms of sales, ratings, and overall playabillity by a large amount of people.

    Why is it so hard just to acknowledge when something was successful and just move on? A lot of people liked it. Who cares?




    "Basically it was a ball of mechanical shit." - SandMan

    I love you.. lmfao
    I love you too

    I love Cloud13 more than anything in the world, though. His Magic...rawr

    I've also decided to have Gabriel change my username to StriWonder, when he gets a chance.

  15. #165
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    we could debate and debate but you cant make a fanboy lose ground, yes you are a fanboy, i am too, to sony. doesnt mean im a terrorist or that i eat children. Opinions are opinions, if you feel you must express that opinion (like me) then go for it, but its when you just keep repeating yourself over and OVER and OVER again is when it gets annoying, i do it somtimes i know its annoying i try not to but i end up posting everything good first then i have nothing to fall back on......

    you think halo is wicked, i think it is shit. many other people support our ideas, thats all that needs to be said.

    EDIT: oh god i just relised that your a mod...... im getting a warning arnt i?


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  16. #166
    Banned Reputation: 235

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    11,116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    Well, let's think this through, shall we? First off, sales were record high on just about each game that was made. Every game scored ATLEAST a 9/10 on just about every game reviewing site. It was fun, fast paced, and quite entertaining. It's one of the most played games in the world at the moment, with tournaments still being held to this day for numerous amounts of prizes.
    Let's think it through again, shall we?

    Now, with all that you just said, you get to prove why success equals quality, because that's the argument you are making. I'm not debating against the success of Halo, I am arguing that its success does not make it factually better in quality than anything else. It makes it...more successful.

    The two are not one and the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    I have no problem dealing with it. I recognize facts when I see them. Your opinion is that it sucked. That's awesome. But you thinking it sucked doesn't take away from the fact that it was still an extremely successful game in terms of sales, ratings, and overall playabillity by a large amount of people.
    Right, now show me where I argued against the success of the game, or that my opinion of its quality was therefore suggesting that it wasn't successful.

    I never did. It's one of the most successful games of all time, but you seem to be arguing for that being indicative of some measure of undeniable quality. I'm sorry, but that just isn't the case. It's no more factually good that it's factually horrible. Quality is determined by individual experience, and it doesn't matter if the opinion is 5,000 saying it was good, to five saying it was bad; it remains subjective.

    Nobody was arguing against the success of Halo, just its impact on the genre, which is SIGNIFICANTLY less than its rabid fanbase would have everyone believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    Why is it so hard just to acknowledge when something was successful and just move on? A lot of people liked it. Who cares?
    This from the man who clearly ignored a long, laid out, structured post that subjectively debated the quality, and objectively debated the IMPACT ON THE GENRE, but not once denied the success of the series, or denied that people liked it. In fact, I clearly and explicitly stated that you cannot deny the success of the franchise on a fame, sales and mainstream attention level.

    "People who feel that because you cannot deny the success, you cannot deny the 'quality', are being remarkably silly.".

    Yet, you ignored it or skipped it. My issue is with people who, in debates about quality, bring up success. Like you are now. The two have nothing to do with each other, not necessarily.

    Really, Strider. I ask that if you're going to try to counter my points, please make 100% sure you know what they are, so as I do not have to then spend valuable time explaining things in three posts that were explained and readily available to read in one.
    Last edited by Norrin Radd; 11-13-2008 at 05:24 AM.

  17. #167
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Jakuza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,965
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Wanna know my opinion?

    Halo sucks.

  18. #168
    Retired Staff Reputation: 218
    power_gamer_6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Realm of Rohan
    Posts
    8,766
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuza View Post
    Wanna know my opinion?

    Halo sucks.
    Your opinion as a Sony fanboy is invalid. ;D

  19. #169
    Banned Reputation: 235

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    11,116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuza View Post
    Wanna know my opinion?

    Halo sucks.
    The comedic part is that someone will say "That's not good enough! Elaborate!". Yet, when I elaborate, it's "Can't you just say what you think and leave?".

  20. #170
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 154
    Cloud13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    5,661
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Let's think it through again, shall we?

    Now, with all that you just said, you get to prove why success equals quality, because that's the argument you are making. I'm not debating against the success of Halo, I am arguing that its success does not make it factually better in quality than anything else. It makes it...more successful.

    The two are not one and the same.
    He specifically said in that part, that nearly every reviewer gave it at least a 9/10.

    Regardless of sales, that must surely be quality.

  21. #171
    Retired Staff Reputation: 54
    Str1der's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Let's think it through again, shall we?

    Now, with all that you just said, you get to prove why success equals quality, because that's the argument you are making. I'm not debating against the success of Halo, I am arguing that its success does not make it factually better in quality than anything else. It makes it...more successful.

    The two are not one and the same.
    Then you tell me, Norrin, what exactly defines a game as one that is successful and full of quality? Because obviously millions of people aren't playing a game due to it being crap. I mean, I could be reading those numbers wrong, but I'm quite people wouldn't have invested as much time as they did in to this series based on it being a mediocre game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Right, now show me where I argued against the success of the game, or that my opinion of its quality was therefore suggesting that it wasn't successful.

    I never did. It's one of the most successful games of all time, but you seem to be arguing for that being indicative of some measure of undeniable quality. I'm sorry, but that just isn't the case. It's no more factually good that it's factually horrible. Quality is determined by individual experience, and it doesn't matter if the opinion is 5,000 saying it was good, to five saying it was bad; it remains subjective.

    Nobody was arguing against the success of Halo, just its impact on the genre, which is SIGNIFICANTLY less than its rabid fanbase would have everyone believe.
    The FPS genre can't exactly be impacted much more than it already has been. You claim quality to be determined by indivdiual experience, but when 5,000 people state that Halo was one of the most fun, enjoyable, and action packed games they'd ever played, somehow I'm hearing "quality" screamed in to my ears. If it wasn't good (and I don't mean just simple fun), why would it have done so well? Crap doesn't sell. Quality usually does.

    Not everyone likes the Final Fantasy series, and every game is subjected to numerous amounts of bashing by fans and non-fans alike. Yet each game is quality, and that's something most fans will agree on. ALMOST every game scored very high in the ratings. What do you think when you hear RPGs? For a lot, if not most people, the first thing that comes to mind is Square.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    This from the man who clearly ignored a long, laid out, structured post that subjectively debated the quality, and objectively debated the IMPACT ON THE GENRE, but not once denied the success of the series, or denied that people liked it.

    Really, Strider. I ask that if you're going to try to counter my points, please make 100% sure you know what they are, so as I do not have to then spend valuable time explaining things in three posts that were explained and readily available to read in one.
    And the concietedness strikes again! I so heavily apologize for wasting your oh-so valuable time replying to these pointless threads (because let's face it, these threads are quite pointless). You didn't bring points to the table. You brought your opinion on Halo not being a quality game. And that's awesome. I respect your opinion on it not being so. Can we just let this go? Really?

    @danny: lol, no, you're not getting a warning. And bear in mind, I'm not an XBox fanboy. If I had to lean one way, it'd be towards Sony. I spend most of my time goofing around in LBP and am eagerly awaiting games like White Knight Story and what not. :P

    I played the Halo games, and I acknowledge that they are good. Numbers don't lie.

    *EDIT* And I know this post will get disected, so for future reference, I have to finish for the evening. Have an early Lab in the morning, and sleep seems a wee bit more valuable to me than mud-slinging matches.




    "Basically it was a ball of mechanical shit." - SandMan

    I love you.. lmfao
    I love you too

    I love Cloud13 more than anything in the world, though. His Magic...rawr

    I've also decided to have Gabriel change my username to StriWonder, when he gets a chance.

  22. #172
    Banned Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    you may think that just becuase a majority likes something it makes that "thing" good but you could be wrong.

    based on education over half of america don't know much about facts in science. Does that make them more correct than the fewer intelligent scientists out there?

    nope not at all.

    also video game reviews sites are usually paid to give good reviews and are restricted from saying certain things about the games.

  23. #173
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    these mods are off topic, strange site to see......


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  24. #174
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,561
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    plus rpgs belong on the PC way more then console games.
    So you think RPG's belong on the PC and shooters belong on consoles? That is ass-backwards (Aka I disagree). MMORPG's belong on PC's (unless you have a keyboard), single player RPG's belong on consoles, and FPS's only really do splitscreen multiplayer good on consoles otherwise stick to PC's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    Denying the success of Halo is silly. It was a great game, no doubts. Best shooter ever made? Of course not. What made it great was it's originality. Based off of Ring World, great story, fun gameplay, and a cool main character. What's not to love?
    Controller input + online FPS = frowny face emoticon re-inacted in real life. I feel that Team Fortress (Quake 1), Counter-strike or Quake 2 deathmach > Halo in every possible way except that they are PC based and you can't splitscreen multiplayer (I'm still waiting for a good Wii based split screen FPS).

    Quote Originally Posted by Runahs View Post
    Name a console FPS that was as successful as halo. Besides Golden Eye maybe. Not to mention it revolutionized console online gaming with halo 2.
    Perfect Dark, aka Golden Eye 2. Tonnes of fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    As for the quality of the game itself, I'm not a fan. You can do worse, but you can do a lot better. Halo is like the Coldplay of FPS, the Harry Potter of FPS.
    This = because I think that Harry Potter and Halo are both mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  25. #175
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    So you think RPG's belong on the PC and shooters belong on consoles? That is ass-backwards (Aka I disagree). MMORPG's belong on PC's (unless you have a keyboard), single player RPG's belong on consoles, and FPS's only really do splitscreen multiplayer good on consoles otherwise stick to PC's.
    if i want your retarded comments ill ask for them, every time you quote me you make me want to eat a gun.......


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •