View Poll Results: X-Box 360 or PS3

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

    80 50.00%
  • X-Box 360

    80 50.00%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 253

Thread: OnRPG choose my next gen console...

  1. #176
    Banned Reputation: 235

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    11,116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    Then you tell me, Norrin, what exactly defines a game as one that is successful and full of quality? Because obviously millions of people aren't playing a game due to it being crap. I mean, I could be reading those numbers wrong, but I'm quite people wouldn't have invested as much time as they did in to this series based on it being a mediocre game.
    There isn't a set formula for either, because nothing is FACTUALLY good quality in terms of taste. Success, though, is determined by making something; an album, a clothing line, a movie or a game, accessible to everyone from any area of life.

    Halo did that, but that does not make it a good quality game, by fact. No amount of numbered success will equate to it being closer stapled as factually good. To prove my point, Britney Spears has sold 31 million albums to Halo's 20 million games sold.

    Now, if we apply your logic (Perhaps lack thereof) to that, she can't really be considered someone who makes crap music, based off the fact that she's sold that many albums. She's sold more albums than Halo has sold games. Your assumption that it factually isn't mediocre simply because so many of the MAJORITY AND GENERAL POPULACE chose to invest time in it, is ludicrous. The last thing you should be doing is using the majority to indicate what is and isn't good quality.

    Sometimes the two coincide by chance, and something of great quality (Subjective ALWAYS) becomes successful; The Dark Knight, for example. That doesn't mean there's a set formula, or that its overwhelming positive response means that someone with a good argument as to why it sucked to them, is any less credible.

    You are proposing that because it generated SUCH a response, there simply must be something there that elevates the quality by fact, and you're wrong on a general level.

    As I said, Harry Potter books: "I don't read, but I've gotta say, those Harry Potter books are amazing.".

    No, their ability to hook you in doesn't therefore mean all the books that didn't are inferior or lesser. It means you needed something specifically designed to make you feel good about yourself before you dared dip your feet into the literary water. Halo isn't any different. Non-gamers praising it doesn't actually give it any factually advanced quality on any other game, and if that's what you're implying, then you're being kind of redundant.

    If you'd never watched a movie in your life, but then Superhero Movie coaxed you into a cinema journey, would you argue its artistic merits and quality over the likes of Apocalypse Now, The Godfather, Wall-E, There Will Be Blood or Citizen Kane? I sincerely doubt that you would.

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    The FPS genre can't exactly be impacted much more than it already has been. You claim quality to be determined by indivdiual experience, but when 5,000 people state that Halo was one of the most fun, enjoyable, and action packed games they'd ever played, somehow I'm hearing "quality" screamed in to my ears. If it wasn't good (and I don't mean just simple fun), why would it have done so well? Crap doesn't sell. Quality usually does.
    Well, to put it as blunt yet respectfully as I can; that is utter nonsense.

    Your general point is that it's quality because it shifted units. The world is full of unit shifters in every avenue of media and art that don't scream "quality.".

    There isn't much need for me to dissect such an argument, because by suggesting it, you've defeated your own point.

    Sales and figures mean nothing beyond "Here's how many people paid.", so to use them as indication of quality is useless. I am one of the 20 million people who bought A Halo game. If you feel that every copy bought was liked, then you're deluded. People rate how hype indicates that they rate it. Halo was Emperor's new clothes if it was ever seen. Same with Grand Theft Auto.

    "Crap doesn't sell.", haha. Legendary. That might actually go in my sig.

    $207,283,925. Do you know what that is? That's the overall gross of The Fast & the Furious. I rest my case. Crap sold.

    Success doesn't indicate quality, major fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    Not everyone likes the Final Fantasy series, and every game is subjected to numerous amounts of bashing by fans and non-fans alike. Yet each game is quality, and that's something most fans will agree on. ALMOST every game scored very high in the ratings. What do you think when you hear RPGs? For a lot, if not most people, the first thing that comes to mind is Square.
    I disagree, I don't think any Final Fantasy game has been good since, or before seven.

    Prove me factually incorrect.

    You cannot, because rating and success does not indicate factual quality. It indicates that a lot of people AGREE that it was quality, not that the quality is factual.

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    And the concietedness strikes again! I so heavily apologize for wasting your oh-so valuable time replying to these pointless threads (because let's face it, these threads are quite pointless). You didn't bring points to the table. You brought your opinion on Halo not being a quality game. And that's awesome. I respect your opinion on it not being so. Can we just let this go? Really?
    Conceitedness? You actually believe numbers mean the game was factually good.

    I say, factually prove it. Not its success, its quality. Success doesn't equal quality. For reasons stated previously.

    I've brought civil and concise point after civil and concise point, you've chosen to retaliate with ignorance and accusing me of being conceited. Not once have to countered my points, and never shall you, because your argument boils down to the claim; "Sales and success indicated good quality.", and that is factually wrong as a general statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    I played the Halo games, and I acknowledge that they are good. Numbers don't lie.
    They're not factually good or bad, it's opinion.

    Their success is a fact, the quality isn't. Success does not mean quality, so the two are not intrinsically linked. Can you prove otherwise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    *EDIT* And I know this post will get disected, so for future reference, I have to finish for the evening. Have an early Lab in the morning, and sleep seems a wee bit more valuable to me than mud-slinging matches.
    There's no mud-slinging. There's you trying to claim things are fact when they are not, and you're just spouting nonsense, with all due respect.
    Last edited by Norrin Radd; 11-13-2008 at 06:07 AM.

  2. #177
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,561
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    if i want your retarded comments ill ask for them, every time you quote me you make me want to eat a gun.......
    So if I quote you a lot you'll eventually kill yourself and I won't have to read your one-sided garbage posts? ONRPG viewers, this next act is for your benefit.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    if i want your retarded comments ill ask for them, every time you quote me you make me want to eat a gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    if i want your retarded comments ill ask for them, every time you quote me you make me want to eat a gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    if i want your retarded comments ill ask for them, every time you quote me you make me want to eat a gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    if i want your retarded comments ill ask for them, every time you quote me you make me want to eat a gun.......
    On-topic: PS3 no online fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  3. #178
    Banned Reputation: 235

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    11,116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As much as I disagree with Strider's point due to it carrying pretty much no factual weight, it was a respectful discussion. I'm sure we've both said all we can, so unless he has more to say that I'd like to address, I'm done with it.

    However, there's no need for you to make those kind of posts, Pok, nor Danny. It's not productive in ANY sense, so you should probably stop that. No need to start telling people to kill themselves and getting personally abusive.

  4. #179
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,561
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    However, there's no need for you to make those kind of posts, Pok, nor Danny. It's not productive in ANY sense, so you should probably stop that. No need to start telling people to kill themselves and getting personally abusive.
    It's productive as I find it amusing . Really, isn't that all that most of the people here are looking for? They've likely already decided on their choice between the PS3 and 360 (and any other matters) and are going to try to convince other people (who are also going to try to convince them) to change their views while being absolutely immobile in their own ideals. Valid points on either side may be made, but laughing > facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  5. #180
    Banned Reputation: 235

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    11,116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Nobody said anything against comedy and humour, but there are rules as pertains to personal insults, flaming and intentional baiting.

    I'd suggest stopping the three latter.

    Off topicness happens, but let's at least keep it civil.

  6. #181
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 44
    Necronax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maryland.
    Posts
    2,872
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    thought I would add this: I heard that gta4 on the 360 graphics were better, but on the ps3 multiplayer was better, is this true and is there a source?

    WORD OF WARNING: PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO A FLAME WAR

  7. #182
    Banned Reputation: 36

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lol wuh. You heard lies.

    Anyways.. xbox seems dead to me. PS3 is the system coming out with all the high end games.. xbox is coming out with more games yes, but if you count on ign or gamespot the amount of games for xbox and PS3 with a 8.5+ rating you'll be surprised to see them so close in numbers even though Xbox has been out for longer with so many more games in it's libary.

    I find that embarrassing... plus PS3 is coming out with some amazing games right now, I know many people are jumping on the band wagon. You should too... it's worth it.

    Plus free Blu-ray player! n.n

  8. #183
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 20
    Krivik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    876
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylce View Post
    Lol wuh. You heard lies.

    Anyways.. xbox seems dead to me. PS3 is the system coming out with all the high end games.. xbox is coming out with more games yes, but if you count on ign or gamespot the amount of games for xbox and PS3 with a 8.5+ rating you'll be surprised to see them so close in numbers even though Xbox has been out for longer with so many more games in it's libary.

    I find that embarrassing... plus PS3 is coming out with some amazing games right now, I know many people are jumping on the band wagon. You should too... it's worth it.

    Plus free Blu-ray player! n.n
    How about.. ''no''.

  9. #184
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,561
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necronax View Post
    thought I would add this: I heard that gta4 on the 360 graphics were better, but on the ps3 multiplayer was better, is this true and is there a source?
    I couldn't tell any difference in graphics between the PS3 and 360 (They were on different [but about of the same quality] of tv's). I don't know about the multiplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  10. #185
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krivik View Post
    How about.. ''no''.
    well that has got to be the laziest Fanboy ever.


    Oh yea i just needed to clear up the price diffrences, because my friend just bought a 360 becaouse it was "Cheaper":

    360 Base price, No harddrive, no Blue ray, P2p Network - $199
    ps3 base price, 80GB hard drive, Blue ray player, f2p Network - $399

    How much is a 80gb External Hard drive? about $149 Right?
    How much is a blue ray player? about $199
    your spending about 50 bucks a month on Xbox live, so say you have you 360 for 4 months thats about $200

    so if you add all that onto the 360 you get around $747 So right there, your saving Shit loads.


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  11. #186
    Banned Reputation: 36

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Isn't it $50 a year, not month.

    What good Xbox games are even coming out anymore?

  12. #187
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylce View Post
    Isn't it $50 a year, not month.

    What good Xbox games are even coming out anymore?
    i dont know the XBL price, i never botherd to pay that shit when i bought it. Halo Recon MAY be cool, if its just Halo in a diffrent Armour then its dumb, Sheilds are for Ships not Soliders. and apparently Legendary Sucks balls


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  13. #188
    A Shrubbery Reputation: 10
    Richard0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    822
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necronax View Post
    thought I would add this: I heard that gta4 on the 360 graphics were better, but on the ps3 multiplayer was better, is this true and is there a source?

    WORD OF WARNING: PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO A FLAME WAR
    There is no source both versions of gta are identical. There are some multiplats that got different scores on each system because of minor annoyances but that really shouldn't affect you. Have you had any change in thought?


    Fuxey
    The game is called STOP ****ING QUOTING EVERY SINGLE SCREENSHOT WHEN YOU WANT TO REPLY online...

  14. #189
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 20
    Krivik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    876
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    well that has got to be the laziest Fanboy ever.


    Oh yea i just needed to clear up the price diffrences, because my friend just bought a 360 becaouse it was "Cheaper":

    360 Base price, No harddrive, no Blue ray, P2p Network - $199
    ps3 base price, 80GB hard drive, Blue ray player, f2p Network - $399

    How much is a 80gb External Hard drive? about $149 Right?
    How much is a blue ray player? about $199
    your spending about 50 bucks a month on Xbox live, so say you have you 360 for 4 months thats about $200

    so if you add all that onto the 360 you get around $747 So right there, your saving Shit loads.
    If you're calling me a fanboy then what I'm going to tell you is look up your damn posts.

  15. #190
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    Cereal&Milk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    well that has got to be the laziest Fanboy ever.


    Oh yea i just needed to clear up the price diffrences, because my friend just bought a 360 becaouse it was "Cheaper":

    360 Base price, No harddrive, no Blue ray, P2p Network - $199
    ps3 base price, 80GB hard drive, Blue ray player, f2p Network - $399

    How much is a 80gb External Hard drive? about $149 Right?
    How much is a blue ray player? about $199
    your spending about 50 bucks a month on Xbox live, so say you have you 360 for 4 months thats about $200

    so if you add all that onto the 360 you get around $747 So right there, your saving Shit loads.
    The least you can do is some research before you post bullshit.

    XBL is only $50 a year.
    That price is wrong for the external hard drive. You mixed the 80gb up with the 120gb.

    Besides, the same thing I argued a while back about the 360 being more expensive in the long run can also be argued down. Not everyone is an avid gamer, and not everyone will be using XBL, nor will they have use for the 360 accessories.

    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

    Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33


  16. #191
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal&Milk View Post
    The least you can do is some research before you post bullshit.

    XBL is only $50 a year.
    That price is wrong for the external hard drive. You mixed the 80gb up with the 120gb.

    Besides, the same thing I argued a while back about the 360 being more expensive in the long run can also be argued down. Not everyone is an avid gamer, and not everyone will be using XBL, nor will they have use for the 360 accessories.
    no a 80gb external hard drive here is $149 120 is $200

    sorry about XBL i havent even bothered to even look into setting it up.

    So what? did a hamster crawl up your vagina today while your PMSing? why are you acting like such a dick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krivik View Post
    If you're calling me a fanboy then what I'm going to tell you is look up your damn posts.
    i know i am a fanboy, look back 2 or 3 pages and i admited it, im just calling you lazy because all you did was say "no" didnt even try to back it up
    Last edited by dannylamb; 11-15-2008 at 05:09 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  17. #192
    Missing No. Reputation: 39
    FabianN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    4,583
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    no a 80gb external hard drive here is $149 120 is $200
    Where is "here", because those are some ****ed up prices.
    The 120GB price averages about $140 through-out the US
    120GB $135 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874103062
    120GB $150 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5751091
    120GB $150 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1170290207575
    **I am no longer an active staff member. Please do not send me a message asking for any help on the site, it will not be read**
    Quote Originally Posted by Advice
    It's not a question of if we can, it's a question of if we will step out of our routine to do what needs to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advice
    We are all responsible, and no one has the answers.

    LOL BUTTS



    This is FabianN, signing off at 01-28-2009
    Good luck on the tubes.

  18. #193
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    oh shit, sorry the price i was looking at was a PC hard drive, it was Green and said Microsoft on it, didnt really look at it, i saw it at the store like 20 minuets ago oops im a dumbass

    but even though, the 360 with a Blue ray, 80 GB hard drive, and XBL costs around $510, thats still a 100 dollar save, and in spring next year (unless Microsoft drops the 360 price to $99) it will be a 200 dollar save, since Sony will lower it a hundred bucks


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  19. #194
    Banned Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You guys somehow think the cheaper something is the better. Well you're wrong as old saying goes,"you get what you paid for."

    I usually find the more expensive products to be better quality in almost any case.

    Like my monitor I bought back when it first came out the LG L227WTG 22 inch cost about 80 bucks more than the cheapest monitors but the LG was alot better quality.

  20. #195
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    You guys somehow think the cheaper something is the better. Well you're wrong as old saying goes,"you get what you paid for."

    I usually find the more expensive products to be better quality in almost any case.

    Like my monitor I bought back when it first came out the LG L227WTG 22 inch cost about 80 bucks more than the cheapest monitors but the LG was alot better quality.
    i agree, but i was just saying that because a lot of people buy the 360 just because its "Cheaper" like when everyone was like "woo Price drop" i was laughing because most price drops are because its not selling to good, and right now the ps3 is out selling the 360 AND wii put together, ithink ill go get some charts to back me up.

    Shiny Graphs:

    Last edited by dannylamb; 11-15-2008 at 05:38 AM.


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  21. #196
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 35

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Take off your pants and jack-et
    Posts
    2,139
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Well Xbox has great FPS,RPGs now lol,RTS
    PS3 has great exclusive tittle Ratchet and Clank,Resistance and so on it's just all over the board I really don't know

    Just look up the games for each system and see what you like. Nobody can make the decision for you.

  22. #197
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 30
    dannylamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    there both pretty even in games types, Sony has Resistance, Socom, Mag, Hawx

    Microsoft hase Halo, GoW, fable lol um......all i cant think of


    Clouds may have a Silver Lining, But Mushroom clouds have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90

    I am back, wonder if anyone remembers me?

  23. #198
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 38

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,375
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    You guys somehow think the cheaper something is the better. Well you're wrong as old saying goes,"you get what you paid for."

    I usually find the more expensive products to be better quality in almost any case.

    Like my monitor I bought back when it first came out the LG L227WTG 22 inch cost about 80 bucks more than the cheapest monitors but the LG was alot better quality.
    Ps2 was the cheapest console in the last gen

    look how well it turned out to be, topping selling charts, having the best games, the biggest variety, completely crushing the competition even tho the x-box and the game cube had better graphical capacity and were of course, more expensive

  24. #199
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 20
    Krivik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    876
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannylamb View Post
    i know i am a fanboy, look back 2 or 3 pages and i admited it, im just calling you lazy because all you did was say "no" didnt even try to back it up
    I don't NEED to waste my time writing you a giant paragraph when in the end of that paragraph the only thing you'll say is.. ''BUT PS3 IS BETTER!!''.

    And what shit have YOU backed up lately? Most of the time I find people telling you that you're talking out of your ass. So much for backing shit up, huh?

    And getting a graph from god knows where and pasting it here is not ''backing you up''.
    Last edited by Krivik; 11-15-2008 at 08:33 AM.

  25. #200
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,561
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krivik View Post
    And getting a graph from god knows where and pasting it here is not ''backing you up''.
    "http://www.blogcdn.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2008/11/uspmkon425.jpg"
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •