Is FFXI worth buying?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 37

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Buy it, you won't be disappointed. The only bad part is leveling from 7 to 10 is EXTREME GRINDING. I took me like a day just to get to Lv 8 from Lv 7. But I quit but I'll be back. I think grinding from Maple Story has helped my patience so getting to 10 shouldn't be hard.
    You quit at level 8?
    Wow..Dude, just don't go back on it.. it's alot harder from 10.

Heeeeey Theeeeere

Banned Reputation: 10

10+ is when you will have to spend yourr whole time grouping....

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 10

I'd say NO. FFXI is not worth buying any more. Like everquest, everybody is a very high level on basicallya ll their professions. Since FFXI after level 15ish is basically ALL party play you're going to be screwed.

If you have a lot of friends who play it I heard now when you buy a guest pass to your server oyu get an item that lowers your level to theirs so you can help them level and such.

However, you'd need a few good friends to help you. Otherwise you won't get anywhere very fast (plus FFXI is a pretty slow game as it is)

Also, FFXI will consume your life. If you have any sort of social life or activity away from the computer, rid of it, or don't play FFXI. (I'd suggest just not playing.)

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Whist View Post
    I'd say NO. FFXI is not worth buying any more. Like everquest, everybody is a very high level on basicallya ll their professions. Since FFXI after level 15ish is basically ALL party play you're going to be screwed.

If you have a lot of friends who play it I heard now when you buy a guest pass to your server oyu get an item that lowers your level to theirs so you can help them level and such.

However, you'd need a few good friends to help you. Otherwise you won't get anywhere very fast (plus FFXI is a pretty slow game as it is)

Also, FFXI will consume your life. If you have any sort of social life or activity away from the computer, rid of it, or don't play FFXI. (I'd suggest just not playing.)
    I have a social life and i survive playing FF11.
    It's slow, yes. but what p2p game isn't slow these day's?
    And once you get to level 20 you have a selection of thing's to do,like, Get your chocobo licence, then breed chocobo, go do quest's and dugneon's, party on bosses.. there are alot of thing's to do.

Heeeeey Theeeeere

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123