Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 176 to 199 of 199

Thread: Stop Looking for a WoW Killer

  1. #176
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    ChickenDewd21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Streets of 'Ginny Reason: It's not terrible
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hii View Post
    What i don't get is why people Love WoW i played the Trial and it was the gayest piece of shit ever. Can someone Explain to me why people love it?
    It's really easy and is low-spec so it runs well on a lot of computers. ;/ Plus for $15.00 a month, it's liek, a rly small price for the amount of content that you get. With the hueg ads dogg, they get mad subscribers n' everyone's n3rdin' out on WoWzerz. ;o

  2. #177
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 35
    Declis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Remember kids! The word "opinion" automatically gives you a free pass to say whatever you want and it's automatically considered a fact!

    "IMHO Penguins can fly. Think what you want, it's my opinion."


    Seriously, everyone has an opinion. I personally didn't enjoy WoW but THAT'S MY OPINION. I can see why everyone else would though, it has nice graphics for being low spec and the storyline is quite intriguing. Honestly, with a fan base like WoW's it WILL NOT die anytime soon. Unless blizzard releases a game with the same level of quality and standards that made WoW so popular in the first place. Starcraft MMO anyone? Please?


  3. #178
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 99
    replicant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raged View Post
    see u have no idea what you are talking about. your anti wowness is redic stupid
    blizzard only counts active( as in bought the game and paid subscribers) only ppl that are actually paying. i don't know where you took demo's and trials from. and if someone waisted 15$ to keep their account active regardless if their playing or not its a active account. blizzard really has 11.5 million active accounts does that means its 11.5m ppl playing no.. but active and paid for accounts yes. blizzard doesn't have to make numbers up its facts. but what made me lolz was how you really put work into make it sounds like true facts when its 100% wrong ....lols @ counting the inactive accounts

    blizzard and wow=here

    haters and their korean grinders=here
    see the gap?
    Actually, I'm not Anti-WoW, but more Anti-WoW Developers/Class Leads. Hell, I've had an account (sometimes more than 1) since WoW CB Phase 1 and just today allowed my account to freeze. Since beta I've been unsubscribed roughly 6 months or so which means I've played WoW roughly 5 years or so. Many people here will tell you I am a massive fan of Blizzard (Even if the new Blizzard isn't as good as Scheaffer/Brevik/Roper era Blizzard) and especially their Diablo franchise. As for your gap example... well, along with the rest of your post it's simply trash.

    When you are counting trial accounts, demo accounts, beta accounts, inactive accounts, etc as "Unique Active Concurrent Subscribers", then yes you are making up numbers. You can believe me or call me a liar all you'd like as it makes no difference to me because you're simply wrong. However, virtually every MMORPG company falsifies their subscription numbers to some extent whether you'd like to believe it or not. You can like WoW all you want to or hate it all you want to. The simple fact is that they do not have 11.5-12 million unique paid subscribers currently or at any point thus far in WoW's reign. There can feasibly be that many accounts made, but then you'd still have games like Runescape, Perfect World, Lineage, and Maple Story that have eclipsed it at that so it's a moot point.

    I'm now done with this thread as you're not worth the typing anymore. Enjoy your ignorance.
    Last edited by replicant; 02-19-2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: speeling r guud
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"


    Currently Testing: Camelot Unchained (PC) & BMX The Game (PC)

    Pre-Order: BMX The Game (Official Website)

    Currently Playing: Hearthstone (PC) & Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (PC)


  4. #179
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 30

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hii View Post
    What i don't get is why people Love WoW i played the Trial and it was the gayest piece of shit ever. Can someone Explain to me why people love it?
    the game is the first mmorpg many of those people have ever played. it's new to them and incredibly addicting. the warcraft franchise brought tons of people into the genre.

  5. #180
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 31
    Tyrfing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm pretty sure the next gen. MMO Blizzard bring out will kill WoW. That is all though. So what am I saying really? No idea.

    Diablo 3 is gonna kill WoW for me though. Eh.
    No substitute for the king.
    Hilarious. I lost.

  6. #181
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149
    Jrgsubzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post

    I highly doubt any hardcore WoW fan would ever accept another game as better. The majority of the people here all have some game they have some strong devotion to and idolize it as the best MMO. Too many people here are stuck in the past to realize that there are games already out that have improved on others in certian areas, even though they may not be the greatest game in the world themselves.

    and quit comparing two completley different games and try to say one is better. You all might as well be comparing GoonZu to Space Cowboy.
    Well, i've been looking for a game that's better, but there isn't one so far.

    I wouldn't say i'm a hardcore fanboy. I've yet to reach even 50 in my 6 months worth of subs.

    WoW just has that nice blend of casual and hardcore. You got a rested xp system if you don't play that often, smooth leveling - as in you don't hit a brick wall of grind (Coming from a 1-45 viewpoint), and a No fail crafting system.

    For the hardcore you have getting reputation, achievements, Battleground gear, and raiding guilds.

    It also doesn't have a huge start-up time. I don't have to wait on anything or anybody. I can accept a quest and be done before school/work/whatever.

    It's that mere fact that if offers options to me.
    If I want to just drool from the mouth and do some kill quests, I can.
    If I want to put my focus cap on and heal in raidsm I can.
    If I want to just ride on my mount and explore places for ore so I can make more things that explode, I can.
    If I want to go to a battleground and hear kids whine, I can.

    Now, if a better game comes along, i'll try it.

    I've tried WAR, FFXI, L2, SWG, and some other P2Ps I can't think of right now.

    I've also tried almost every decent F2P mmo out there.

    Well, there you go. That's a few of the reasons I like WoW.

  7. #182
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 31
    Tyrfing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    WoW really killed the entire MMO industry. Really.

    It kinda just turns into a bunch of uninspired, pathetic attempt to imitate WoW. No creativity anywhere. Worst of all, most attempts fail to even capture the essence of the original, let alone provide any form of postive competition.

    I cried tears of blood when WAR failed. Seriously.
    No substitute for the king.
    Hilarious. I lost.

  8. #183
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,842
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
    Well, i've been looking for a game that's better, but there isn't one so far.

    I wouldn't say i'm a hardcore fanboy. I've yet to reach even 50 in my 6 months worth of subs.

    WoW just has that nice blend of casual and hardcore. You got a rested xp system if you don't play that often, smooth leveling - as in you don't hit a brick wall of grind (Coming from a 1-45 viewpoint), and a No fail crafting system.

    For the hardcore you have getting reputation, achievements, Battleground gear, and raiding guilds.

    It also doesn't have a huge start-up time. I don't have to wait on anything or anybody. I can accept a quest and be done before school/work/whatever.

    It's that mere fact that if offers options to me.
    If I want to just drool from the mouth and do some kill quests, I can.
    If I want to put my focus cap on and heal in raidsm I can.
    If I want to just ride on my mount and explore places for ore so I can make more things that explode, I can.
    If I want to go to a battleground and hear kids whine, I can.

    Now, if a better game comes along, i'll try it.

    I've tried WAR, FFXI, L2, SWG, and some other P2Ps I can't think of right now.

    I've also tried almost every decent F2P mmo out there.

    Well, there you go. That's a few of the reasons I like WoW.
    And that's understandable, but the majority of the time I read one of these threads it's always a bunch of people arguing over how popular the game and has made Blizzard so much money, therefore the game is the greatest game because some company is making a lot of money off of a lot of players. I dunno about you but I'm kinda tired of people using that as a reason why the game is the best MMORPG on the market.

    I always think back to PSO and PSU when I hear people talking of a game better than WoW or even a WoW 2. A lot of hardcore fans did not like or even appreciate some of the good changes (yes good changes implies there were some bad) they made to the game, they just wanted it to be more like the previous. It really seems sometimes like people think that the MMO world begins and ends with WoW/FFXI and there is just nothing good about any other game.

    It just really makes no sense that if the game is the best game out and no other game comes close and nothing can be improved because it's just pure and epic win, then why some of the same people who feel that are the ones looking foward to something better? Why do they still play other MMORPG's ? Why are they still here using this section, the Free MMORPG section to talk about a P2P game that has it's own section? And what kills me is that people are actually surprised when some people actually do not care about the game so they say "WoW has all these great features and since ____ doesn't, because it's not an exact copy of the game (WoW) that uses a lot of similar systems as a lot of other games, it fails."

    It's almost as if the people who create these type of threads don't realize all they are doing is making themselves the cyber version of a commercial.

    This should be the new slogan for the game.

    "WoW - The game everyone knows about because it's so good that people have to talk about it daily so that people know that it cannot be matched because of it's greatness. Come enjoy a free trial out today. We've got famous people playing"

    Because that's really all I'm seeing when I come across one of these topics.
    Last edited by Kashis; 02-22-2009 at 12:00 AM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  9. #184
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228
    cinderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    13,424
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    And that's understandable, but the majority of the time I read one of these threads it's always a bunch of people arguing over how popular the game and has made Blizzard so much money, therefore the game is the greatest game because some company is making a lot of money off of a lot of players.
    that's the bottomline when doing a business. and in fact, that's the god damn truth. millions of players + millions in revenue = best game there is, not on the gaming side, but overall.

    you people who argue that gameplay and features are all that takes to make a game great, should really try to run a business yourself. in the end, you will find out that no matter how great your product is, if no one buys, its still a failure.

    im not saying that all the other mmos are failures, just that WoW is the winner. blizzard did not make this game thinking it would be such a success, you got to give them credit for that.

  10. #185
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149
    Jrgsubzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    What people need to realize that with that many subscribers that it means the game is -good-. It's not the best but it's a great game. (Because there is no -best- game)

    A shitty game wouldn't have that many players no matter how much advertising you put out. Even if it's the person's first MMORPG it comes down to: If they wern't having fun and liking it they wouldn't play.

  11. #186
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,842
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderboy View Post
    that's the bottomline when doing a business. and in fact, that's the god damn truth. millions of players + millions in revenue = best game there is, not on the gaming side, but overall.

    you people who argue that gameplay and features are all that takes to make a game great, should really try to run a business yourself. in the end, you will find out that no matter how great your product is, if no one buys, its still a failure.

    im not saying that all the other mmos are failures, just that WoW is the winner. blizzard did not make this game thinking it would be such a success, you got to give them credit for that.
    If you wanna say, WoW has made some people really rich over the years so it deserves some respect, I can dig that. It has and it does. But I honestly don't care how much much money a company made off a game since that really isn't going to make me enjoy it any more or less.

    Just because a popular singer makes a lot of money per year and has a large fan base, it does not mean that they are good at singing. For some, it does seem to apply and for others no way in hell. Same concept applies to the MMO market.

    I said it before, the masses will enjoy anything if it's served to them the right way. They did that with WoW. There are lesser known things in this world of far better quality than what is publicly known.
    Last edited by Kashis; 02-19-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Second thought, Deal
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  12. #187
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228
    cinderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    13,424
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    There are lesser known things in this world of far better quality than what is publicly known.
    whats the point then? lol, in the gaming industry, whats the point of this ? you need ppl to know for god's sake... jeez... i dont think there will be companies who make good games, but are happy they keep the publicity to the minimal... duh

  13. #188
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,842
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderboy View Post
    whats the point then? lol, in the gaming industry, whats the point of this ? you need ppl to know for god's sake... jeez... i dont think there will be companies who make good games, but are happy they keep the publicity to the minimal... duh
    There plenty of people who are able to put out decent quality material without trying too hard to advertise at all. No one is saying that that a company is going to not try to promote their game to people as much as possible but some don't have to regardless and they still make a killing. Advertising has nothing to do with the quality of a game is my point. Advertising makes more people aware of something which in turn makes more people buy a product but it doesn't mean it's worth buying simply because everyone knows about it.

    You are pretty much saying what's important to the company and not the player and I'm saying the opposite. Neither one of us is wrong.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  14. #189
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 25

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    Actually, I'm not Anti-WoW, but more Anti-WoW Developers/Class Leads. Hell, I've had an account (sometimes more than 1) since WoW CB Phase 1 and just today allowed my account to freeze. Since beta I've been unsubscribed roughly 6 months or so which means I've played WoW roughly 5 years or so. Many people here will tell you I am a massive fan of Blizzard (Even if the new Blizzard isn't as good as Scheaffer/Brevik/Roper era Blizzard) and especially their Diablo franchise. As for your gap example... well, along with the rest of your post it's simply trash.

    When you are counting trial accounts, demo accounts, beta accounts, inactive accounts, etc as "Unique Active Concurrent Subscribers", then yes you are making up numbers. You can believe me or call me a liar all you'd like as it makes no difference to me because you're simply wrong. However, virtually every MMORPG company falsifies their subscription numbers to some extent whether you'd like to believe it or not. You can like WoW all you want to or hate it all you want to. The simple fact is that they do not have 11.5-12 million unique paid subscribers currently or at any point thus far in WoW's reign. There can feasibly be that many accounts made, but then you'd still have games like Runescape, Perfect World, Lineage, and Maple Story that have eclipsed it at that so it's a moot point.

    I'm now done with this thread as you're not worth the typing anymore. Enjoy your ignorance.
    didn't u read my post? what part of blizzard doesn't count trials, demos or inactive accounts didnt your undertsand? your the ignorant one lol...it's fact's not made up like your once again well put trash of a post. just because you wish sooo hard it was false doesn't make it so. when you talk about wow at least have fact's to back it up....because everything that your throwing now is obvious lies.

    edit FACTS

    Blizzard defines its subscriber count thusly:

    World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees' territories are defined along the same rules.
    Last edited by raged; 02-19-2009 at 05:38 PM.

  15. #190
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Its safe to say that World of Warcraft is now a autistic-free game.

    Most of the good and competitive players are quitting or losing interest in the game. Don't get me wrong here, I know that a lot of people still have interest in PvE, since the game has by far the greatest PvE in any MMORPG.

    A lot of people think they're "addicted" to that game which is ****ing stupid.

  16. #191
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 25

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avarance View Post
    Its safe to say that World of Warcraft is now a autistic-free game.

    Most of the good and competitive players are quitting or losing interest in the game. Don't get me wrong here, I know that a lot of people still have interest in PvE, since the game has by far the greatest PvE in any MMORPG.

    A lot of people think they're "addicted" to that game which is ****ing stupid.
    lol i thought all the pro's were coming back because of the new tournament season>_>

  17. #192
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raged View Post
    lol i thought all the pro's were coming back because of the new tournament season>_>
    A lot of the pros quit because they got rid of chess in arenas.

    I'm one of them, a lot of my old teammates are getting quite bored also.

  18. #193
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 25

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avarance View Post
    A lot of the pros quit because they got rid of chess in arenas.

    I'm one of them, a lot of my old teammates are getting quite bored also.
    lol.....
    its opposite for me and my teammates and my whole realm actually scratch that my whole damn battlegroup just became 100x more active after tourney was announced...the burst atm is quite out their atm for arena, but the comp is stronger then ever.

  19. #194
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    It's all about following the cookie cutter flavor of the month.

  20. #195
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 25

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avarance View Post
    It's all about following the cookie cutter flavor of the month.
    i play a lock if your really pro u know where locks stand atm
    im at 2k rateing wit a op ret pally

  21. #196
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default



    Avajuana's my alt Warlock.




    My main.

    (Those were the ratings when I played)

  22. #197
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149
    Jrgsubzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    E-peen fest, yey. Glad I play on a RP server.

  23. #198
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
    E-peen fest, yey. Glad I play on a RP server.
    You're right, I better forget this before I return to my elitest self.

    *Runs away*

  24. #199
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Korea and US back and forth
    Posts
    518
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    Actually, I'm not Anti-WoW, but more Anti-WoW Developers/Class Leads. Hell, I've had an account (sometimes more than 1) since WoW CB Phase 1 and just today allowed my account to freeze. Since beta I've been unsubscribed roughly 6 months or so which means I've played WoW roughly 5 years or so. Many people here will tell you I am a massive fan of Blizzard (Even if the new Blizzard isn't as good as Scheaffer/Brevik/Roper era Blizzard) and especially their Diablo franchise. As for your gap example... well, along with the rest of your post it's simply trash.

    When you are counting trial accounts, demo accounts, beta accounts, inactive accounts, etc as "Unique Active Concurrent Subscribers", then yes you are making up numbers. You can believe me or call me a liar all you'd like as it makes no difference to me because you're simply wrong. However, virtually every MMORPG company falsifies their subscription numbers to some extent whether you'd like to believe it or not. You can like WoW all you want to or hate it all you want to. The simple fact is that they do not have 11.5-12 million unique paid subscribers currently or at any point thus far in WoW's reign. There can feasibly be that many accounts made, but then you'd still have games like Runescape, Perfect World, Lineage, and Maple Story that have eclipsed it at that so it's a moot point.

    I'm now done with this thread as you're not worth the typing anymore. Enjoy your ignorance.
    Yes please go away. You are so done with this thread.
    Here let me help you out.

    Quote from Blizzard's definition of subscriber definition
    "World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees’ territories are defined along the same rules."

    maybe not 12 million unique subscribers, but 12 million active accounts yes.
    Certainly not an exact number, only Blizzard and investors knows the exact number.

    The business world, my friend, isn't as simple as making out scams and lies in middle school. Investors require companies to pull out their numbers and unless those investors are stupid put their money into something that's not trustworthy. Again, law and business aren't that forgiving to allow companies to make up lies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •