New to Warhammer

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 96

Default New to Warhammer

so since yesterday i got myself WAR

my main is a rank 6 chaos chosen

ive also made a squig greenskin wich is rank 4

when i first started WAR i had a 'weird' feeling about it, but after a few hours that was a thing of the past

as for the RvR and PvP, i love it, my rank 6 chosen devastated most of the loners, but got owned pretty fast by nukers.

i really like the fact that you get these public quests wich can get you some nice rewardsm and lets not forget the achievements and titles, they can be really random sometimes

i currently play on EU servers and im willing to team up with with others if they post their servers, il reroll or just transfer my char to your server
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    I'm sure that everything that I just said seems extremely silly to most of the people reading this, but Sonic has a place in my heart and that will carry on until I die.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 14

Nice to hear you like it. Recruit people! You get yourself some extra time and more friends to play with.

Men don't cry, they sweat.
    /flameshield + 17
    ------------

found a guild, i have had alot of fun with the members, unfortunately the region chat was spammed with WoW fanboys arguing over WAR players mother and how retarded they where...
    I'm sure that everything that I just said seems extremely silly to most of the people reading this, but Sonic has a place in my heart and that will carry on until I die.

Banned Reputation: 19

ive been thinking of playing war , but damn the fights look to damn slow to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by corasked View Post
    ive been thinking of playing war , but damn the fights look to damn slow to be honest.
    i guess you havent been into a massive pvp battle?
    yes it may seem slow at some points, but your skills make up for it

check the right corner, thats just one of the large hotspots with more than 24 people fighting, also note that my character has rank 4, when i enter an RvR zone, i instantly gain a buff that places me on rank 8 (still rank 4, but my stats are equal to rank 8) so that anyone can begin pvp-ing

the Order was just waiting to be owned there, that is just a small a fragment from the army they had.

public quests help you get greens fast, also you gain influence everytime you kill some NPC's in a public q, wich you can trade in for pots, armor and lastly weapons, also you can start commanding siege weapons like massive cannons and turrets

you should atleast try the free trial and see for yourself, its the most fun ive had in months

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

the gameplay isn't slow at all, its actually quite fast paced.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 15

Im patching my free trial right now xD Anyone wanna do a Recruit-A-Friend with me?
    Currently Playing:
    Defiance
    Dota 2
    Dynasty Warriors 8

Waiting For:
    Graduating College
    Life outside of school
    Dislocated Knee to Heal

Banned Reputation: 19

another thing... how much customization is there..every screenshot i see everyone looks the same

Quote Originally Posted by corasked View Post
    another thing... how much customization is there..every screenshot i see everyone looks the same
    yeah, i was just trying to show the pvp aspect

but what do you mean with customization, gearwise or class-wise or?

for gearwise, you can dye your clothes when you find dye (or make it), add talismans to your gear (i make those myself, i weirdly enough made some decent intel talismans at a low lvl), you can also place 'trophies' on your gear (most of the time quest rewards), to show what you killed, you can also have 5 pieces of jewelry equiped at the same time (rings, neclaces, etc.)

this is just a screen of my chosen, and how the inventory looks like (WoW much?)

but don't expect the customization WoW gives you, WAR is mostly about bashing the Order's Skulls :P, hell even your characters won't dance

im adding a screenshot of my Disciple of Khain, who has hit rank 8 not so long ago and is close to rank 9

WAR is realy interesting, it actually manages to keep me questing, unlike WoW, there is something about WAR that keeps drawing me back in, but i think the fact that there are no annoying gnomes also helps :P

not saying WoW is bad, but WAR is more interesting at the moment.
    Last edited by Espio0; 04-04-2009 at 06:00 PM.