News Article - Sourced from: MySpace News Article

Guild Wars Auctions Releases New Cutting-Edge
Auction System

GuildWarsAuctions.com, a Fansite for the NCSoft game Guild Wars, has just opened a revolutionary new free auction house for the Arenanet and NCSoft MMORPG title Guild Wars.

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON April 1, 2009
The existing website Guild Wars Auctions has announced the re-launch of their new auction system for the Guild Wars community. This truly unique website is already being hailed as the ultimate trading website for Guild Wars players. Provided free to the community, the website is able to provide sellers and buyers and easier and faster way to find what they are looking for, reach a much larger audience, and ultimately allow players to make game gold quicker.

The auction system has been tailored and adapted specifically for the Guild Wars game and is powered by Geodesic Solutions software, a PHP driven software product widely considered the best in the industry. The site is also hosted on a dedicated server provided by Lunarpages, which allows visitors to receive impressive response times.

The exchange of real world money for game items and the sale of existing game accounts is prohibited on the site, which allows the website to comply with the games EULA and offers the community a more reliable and trustworthy method to complete transactions for in-game items.

With features such as buy-now, proxy bidding, reserves, user filter notifications, and extensive search capabilities the website has firmly established itself within the Guild Wars community. Following the re-launch earlier this week, the website is reported to have received 300+ auctions placed within the first 48 hours and has traded close to 1 million in game gold within the first five days. With registered users already reaching 900+ it appears that the community has completely embraced this new system.

UndeadDragonSpear, a registered user of the website from a guild sponsor alliance states, "Personally I love the site. A while ago I picked up a Q9 Amethyst Aegis which I managed to sell for 30k on the site in one hour while I was doing other things. It's much better than standing in Kamadan for an hour or more trying to sell it. I even managed to get in about thirty Voltaic Spear Farm runs during the time I was waiting for a buyer. So yes, in my opinion www.guildwarsauctions.com ROCKS!"

The auction system itself has been extensively tested by a full team of testers in multiple browsers since July 2008 by both guild sponsors and community members to ensure a relaible and stable web application. The McAfee Siteadvisor has already given the website their highest safety rating, indicating that the site is free from all harmful elements (including spam, adware, spyware, viruses, popups, or phishing).

Users are already making comparisons to other auction sites, which currently do not offer the same high standard of safe browsing. Sharkman, a registered user of the website from a guild sponsor alliance states, "The amount of pop ups and advertising on other game auction sites is annoying and dangerous. I stopped visiting other trading sites altogether because I don't trust the amount of spyware they try to load onto your machine. So far I can say that www.guildwarsauctions.com is totally clean and pop-up free, and the McAfee siteadvisor agrees. I'm really impressed."

To visit the auction site directly, visit http://www.guildwarsauctions.com.