Hey, new player. Need some help :(

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Hey, new player. Need some help :(

Hey,

I just started playing yesterday and tbh its quite fun. I made a necromancer and im enjoying it so far. Only like lvl 4 or something though.

I don't really know wtf im doing or how to play. A few things are the same as WoW but alot of it is strange and different.

Looking for someone to help me play and teach me wtf to do, for me it seems to be a lot harder than wow to picks up and get good at, so yeah. Im in australia atm and will generally play it from 5 0 - 9 or 10 est.

I joined a guild and they're pretty helpful but yeah :P

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 28

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. My IGN is Springs Scyth, and while I won't give you free stuff, I'm more than happy to give you some advice :P . Haven't played a Neco myself, though, so won't be much help for any class specific questions you have.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

i reinstalled the game, I havent played in years since before the expansions existed.

Now I want to get back into the game, I've lvld a warrior to 20, and a ranger and necromancer. I mostly played the warrior thats why I don't think I care to ever play one anymore.

I'm just trying to find a class to play at this point and maybe get back into the game.

Was curious about how mesmers do in pve and pvp, I don't see alot of them in pre-searing ascalon.
    Eden Eternal IGN: Rhuscal

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Barraxfl88 View Post
    i reinstalled the game, I havent played in years since before the expansions existed.

Now I want to get back into the game, I've lvld a warrior to 20, and a ranger and necromancer. I mostly played the warrior thats why I don't think I care to ever play one anymore.

I'm just trying to find a class to play at this point and maybe get back into the game.

Was curious about how mesmers do in pve and pvp, I don't see alot of them in pre-searing ascalon.
    Mainly Health-degen and interruption stuff. haven't palyed a mesmer myself, so don't know the ins-and-outs, but that's what I've seen. Not a very popular class in RA or ABs either, but I think there may be more in TA and the such.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 15

Just a bit of advice,stay way from customer support.They never get anything done right or most of the time at all.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Barraxfl88 View Post

Sorry about the late reply.

Mesmers! They are amazing classes. The only downside is you have to be just as sophisticated as they are to play them well. The entire point of a mesmer is to take what the enemy does well and turn it against him. For instance, Empathy makes all attacks attempted by the target hurt him for XX damage. Or backfire, which is the caster counterpart (skills).

In PVE they are usually undermined. People have trouble seeing the power of a mesmer because they are very indirect with their damage, and they are fragile to new mes players.

In PVP they are the back bone of any defense. They cancel out monks (by use of Backfire and various interrupts). They wont kill the monk, but they make the monks life a living hell so the warriors/elementalists can kill them with little worry+effort. They can blind the front lines with spells such as Midnight Signet to shut down the melees.

So the main point of a mesmer is to make their targets life a very shitty one so they can easily be dispatched. With the release of PVE Only skills, mesmers have gained a slight PVE standing with Cry of Pain, which can be echoed twice and has very promising results.

Mesmers are a bit daunting at first, but are totally worth it with a good build and good knowledge. Also you need good timing for interrupting enemy spells.
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ.
     じしf_, )ノ

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Oraigin View Post
    Just a bit of advice,stay way from customer support. They never get anything done right or most of the time at all.
    On the contrary, staff on the wiki usually reply prett yquickly and are extremely helpful.

I'd offer my help, but I'm not currently playing. Though if you have xfire feel free to add me an ask away.

As for mesmers, most builds are domination of fast casting, though the flavor changes between pvp and pve.

A standard Domination pve bar will be:

Empathy, Backfire, Power Spike, Wastrels Worry, Ether Feast, some sort of res, and shat ever elase you like. Basically pack damage on the bar. Degen is kinda weak in general because theres no direct damage to go with it. (The reason degen rangers work is because they deal attack damage in addition to the degen)

PVE Fast Casting (Me/E):
    Basically fire magic. Flare is a must, along with what ever else you want. your stats should be 12+3+1 fast casting, 12 fire, 3+1 inspiration. Power drain is good for energy management.

PVP is a bit different.
    Domination:
    diversion, Power Spike, empathy, DIVERSION!, cry of frustration, Power drain, diversion, shame, and oh, did I mention diversion? Stats should be dom 12+1, and a split between fast casting and inspiration.

PVP Fast cast:
    stats: 12+1 Fast casting, 12 Water magic, 3 fire magic
    Icy Shackles, Mirror of Ice, Lyssa's Aura (I prefer icy shackles though energy management is really hard with it). Glyph of immolation, Steam, Ice shards, blurred vision, and some other single target slowing stuff. The build is really hard to keep energy up, but incredibly effective, especially against diverishes.
    Guild Wars IGN's: (I have three accounts, so try all of these)
    Primary account: Kumlekar The Slayer/Indigo Sass
    Secondary Account: Life of Frost
    Tertiary account: Miss Poon

Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 Server
    Kumlekar

Dark Orbit West Coast Server: Kumlekar (VRU)
    Darkthrone IGN: Why would I tell you that? I hate being attacked.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 23

Kumlakar, what are you doing? That's sub par compared to other mesmer builds for PVE. Depending on your sunspear rank you can,

low sun spear:
    Signet of illusions, cry of pain, arcane echo, power drain, drain enchantments, wandering eye, ether nightmare, res (if you go monk get the other rez)

high sun spear:
    Echo, Arcane Echo, Ether Nightmare, Cry of Pain, Power Drain, Drain enchantments (or Signet of lesser energy if youre a M/E), Wandering Eye, and Ressurection Chant (or Ressurection signet if youre a M/E)
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ.
     じしf_, )ノ

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 15

mesmers are hard to learn, I play necro and other mid line classes/builds. i use to heal b4 factions and i can kinda heal now but havnt done it in along time.

if anyone needs help pm me in game, just add J E L L O J E L L O to your freind list and i can answer almost all your questions.