Questions Final Fantasy XI

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Questions Final Fantasy XI

Well 2 days ago i downloaded final fantasy XI (just the trial for now since i cant afford paying -.- and testing the game so i maybe in the future will join for sure). So far it looks good but some things really pisses me off >.> so i got some questions:
    1. How do you change keyboard configiration so you can walk with W,A,S,D instead of using the mouse?
    2. How the hell can u equip for example the Onion sword or other weapon/armor when /equip [Equipment] isnt working? (I also bought the game when i was in germany last year and well wich was a big mistake since i didnt know u needed to pay for the game xD and also got the lil manual but some commands isnt working at all.)
    3.How can u check what equipment you have in ur inventory? i can only see items atm nothing else lol.
    4. Wich damn servers are working? i only can login to Caisith(spell?) and none other server.
    5. Lol why will i get error if i do ALT+Tab all the time? and the last one,
    6. Is the server Bahamut avaible only if u have the Vana'Diel Collection? (wich i have)
    EDIT: rofl :X fail on thread name... Suposed to be: Some Questions on Final fantasy XI* xD
    Last edited by sp3xor; 04-17-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 35

1. You can use the 8, 6, 4 and 2 keys on the Num Pad to move by default.
    2. Press the - button on the Num Pad, which opens the menu, and select "Equipment"
    3. Press the - button on the Num Pad to go into the menu and select "Items"
    4. You probably can only go on Caitsith in the trial version?
    5. You only get an error if you Alt+Tab in fullscreen mode. If you run the Final Fantasy XI Config file, you can change to Window Mode.
    6. I dunno

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    1. You can use the 8, 6, 4 and 2 keys on the Num Pad to move by default.
    2. Press the - button on the Num Pad, which opens the menu, and select "Equipment"
    3. Press the - button on the Num Pad to go into the menu and select "Items"
    4. You probably can only go on Caitsith in the trial version?
    5. You only get an error if you Alt+Tab in fullscreen mode. If you run the Final Fantasy XI Config file, you can change to Window Mode.
    6. I dunno
    Hmm.. i see lol thx for the info P: but:
    4.Im sure that its the only server u can acces when u are using trial account since ive already tested about 8 to 10 servers.
    6. Well i cant see the server Bahamut there at all.. so i belive its on the Vana'Diel collection but whatever.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 140

press - to bring up the menu
    then in config
    youll see where it says keyboard
    change it to compact
    and you can use the wasd

Banned Reputation: 11

Cool

honestly i tried this game before and its so boring to play for me its the worse game i ever played...

but if you wanna try its ok. no harm in trying...

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by cotz View Post
    honestly i tried this game before and its so boring to play for me its the worse game i ever played...

but if you wanna try its ok. no harm in trying...
    Sounds to me like you didn't give it a chance. FFXI is to this day one of the most involved and impacting games I've ever experienced
    FFXI forever!