[new] The Last Gate - Fantasy/Tactical RPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Question [new] The Last Gate - Fantasy/Tactical RPG

Game Name:

The Last Gate

Game Description:

The Last gate is a free MMORPG.

It is based off of the source code of one such "Mercenaries of Astonia", or "Mercenaries V2", as known by it's peers; created by one "Ishtar", whom currently maintains "Astonia 3". It is a 2D isometric, tactical fantasy MMORPG, and runs very well on any windows computer. Macintosh and Linux may need farther testing, however, and are not guaranteed to work correctly. All In-game communication is text based; however, in how easily the program runs, one can easily minimize from full screen in an instant, if they wish to communicate over an online vice chat tool; and from minimize to full screen just as fast.

While there are other MoA servers floating around on the internet, this particular server has gone the extra mile, and is currently under a COMPLETE overhaul, top to bottom; left to right. While the graphics still retain their default style, as the original author of the game had created; this would leave something both old and new, for any player, newbie or oldbie, to enjoy.

Additionally, and unlike most other MMORPGs, there is a HUGE variety of skills to select from, available to train however you please. As you gain experience, no matter the method, you may spend it on any skill or spell to increase the effect; and as such, NO two characters will ever be alike. Furthermore, there is no level cap, allowing players to continue indefinitely, even beyond maximizing their own potentials.

Finally, the game fully supports PvP, so long as the players enable it. Should a player refuse to take part, they needn't worry, as it's completely optional. If a player wishes to take part in PvP, they need but to find and kill the Priest, leader of the Temple of Chaos, and the option of PvP will be presented to them. PvP players may only kill other PvP players.

Logo:

Publisher:

Ishtar - Original V2 source code and distribution
    Zarro Tsukei (Myself) - Current Development
    SRB2.ORG - Server management

Platforms:

Any PC

Genre:

2D Isometric graphics; Fantasy Tactical RPG

Released - Currently under development.

Link:

Main Website
    Forums
    Screenshots

Download page

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 38

Cool, on my way to download it now. I'll post when I try it. I must say though, it doesn't looks like my type of game but can't judge it this early.

So... when is it going to make the game listing?

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

let me try this one, looks interesting.

oh gotta review the website first to get info

CLEAR!

*Bzzt*

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Yeah...................

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by ZarroTsu View Post
    2D Isometric graphics; Fantasy Tactical RPG
    You see - that's what puts me off. Most 2D isometrics are of very low quality. The only 2.5D isometrics that I like are from Korea.

How is Last Gate a tactical RPG? Is there a well-balanced PvP system, or is it another hack & slash?
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    How is Last Gate a tactical RPG? Is there a well-balanced PvP system, or is it another hack & slash?

You have a large list of skills that you may spend your exp however you like on. None of the skills are useless, so it's up to you how you spend your exp on the skills, and there's really no exp refunds.

Moreover, if you die, you drop everything in your inventory. So here's another tactic: don't die. Analyze your enemies, and if they're too strong, lure one out at a time, and kill them one by one.

Every means of spending experience comes at advantages and disadvantages. Of course, it's your job, as the player, to figure out a balanced combination.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 21

when would it be released??

looking forward to try this game.
    Currently Playing:
    O.o?

You think you know people, and you realize it's all just a facade.

It already is released. Download and play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast