Ragnarok

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 63

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    can't you freeze someone with frost driver, then jupitel thunder them for extra damage?

Actually..I guess that wouldn't work, seeing as JT's cast time is horrendously long
    Yeah, I am hesitating between getting JT+FD or just use SG+LoV (can work when high level enough since LoV is the fastest AoE) ...

JT's cast is pretty long, but I have the time to cast 2 level 10 firebolt and 1 lvl 5 firebolt while a geo is frozen. (and my dex is only at 20)

Also, I have the intention of getting to job level 50 and no matter what you guys say, I'm going to max both frost diver and fire wall (pretty useful to slow down monsters). I'll have to test what's most efficient for wizzy skills though I'm not sure yet which ones to use.

I might just not max heaven's drive and max LoV SG and MS so I can use SG and then LoV.. or I might max heaven's drive and use SG MS and FD+JT
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 05-27-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    can't you freeze someone with frost driver, then jupitel thunder them for extra damage?

Actually..I guess that wouldn't work, seeing as JT's cast time is horrendously long
    Yes, but then again it's pointless to even FD the monsters as a wizard. SG is your replacement for that as for it's a rarity that you'll be casting on single monsters anyway to freeze them and JT them, unless you feel like being silly. Overall SG has a much better damage outtake, and you can hit the monster multiple times to make it keep re-freezing, as well as give a good chance of killing it with multiple staff hits as well. (Or if you have a good priest, they'd be SRing them)

Sides SG1 is always going to freeze the monster if it's freezable. FD is a waste of time, because it's not always a 100% chance of freezing a monster-- As well as if any other monsters randomly spawn on you, they'll freeze while you have SG running anyhow.

And JT isn't a bad choice to use in the beginning even IF it does seem a bit slow when you first get it. The damage output is worth it.
    Last edited by Elenaya; 05-27-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Please, keep in mind SG is the longest cast of all.

And anyway, I'm not debating if I'll get FD (already have it and I'm using it a lot), I'm wondering if I should get LoV or JT.

I can max all the skills I need as a mage.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 05-27-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

Don't you need Frost Diver to get Storm Gust anyway? LOL
    As long as you don't max it, I guess it'd be okay.

Anywho, SG is going to be your main attack.. so I guess it'd be essential to save as much skill points in order to get it.

Distribute them accordingly.

EDIT: Couldn't you get both LoV and JT?

Playing || Nothing atm. :c

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleTea View Post
    Don't you need Frost Diver to get Storm Gust anyway? LOL
    As long as you don't max it, I guess it'd be okay.

Anywho, SG is going to be your main attack.. so I guess it'd be essential to save as much skill points in order to get it.

Distribute them accordingly.

EDIT: Couldn't you get both LoV and JT?
    I already have FD maxed (it's a mage skill not wizzard so skillpoints for SG ain't a problem), it's not a problem, I'm plannin to max SG too. I already said that.

No if I max MS and Quagmire, the best I could get would be LoV 10 and JT 8 or the opposite.

(Yes I'm focussing alot on slowing my ennemy. Quagmire Frost Diver and Firewall, I'm gettin the 3)

Also... this time I really think Pinay abandonned us
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 05-27-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    Please, keep in mind SG is the longest cast of all.

And anyway, I'm not debating if I'll get FD (already have it and I'm using it a lot), I'm wondering if I should get LoV or JT.

I can max all the skills I need as a mage.
    Doesn't matter that SG takes a long time to cast. It's damage ability is well worth it, as well as the overall effects of the area attack. Level 1 SG is used for quickly freezing the enemy and it's really not that long of a cast.

Also when you get higher level, the speed of your casts will be very fast and the original delay of your skills won't really even cross your mind anymore.

Also I'd never leave a Wizard without JT. It's a great skill. You can also keep stacking JTs on top of one another, it pushes the opponent back insanely, as well as does a LOT of damage.

I'd suggest getting JT10 no matter what.

Also what reason would you ever want to max quag for?
    Last edited by Elenaya; 05-28-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenaya View Post
    Also what reason would you ever want to max quag for?
    Same reason I wanna max firewall for. Slowing down my ennemy, death is my greatest fear, 3% exp per death is really a big loss.

Also, stop arguing it's starting to get on my nerves.

I'm going to build my character according to my playstyle.

Enough leveling for today, lvl 61/46, 4 more levels, I hope to be wizzard by the end of the week.

Also yay my first rare drop, a geo card <3 (not really all that good but hey it's the only rare drop I got yet)

Mann bubbles you didn't log in today and I got too high to share you'll have to find someone else to leech until you reach our share lvl
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 05-28-2009 at 03:04 AM.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    Same reason I wanna max firewall for. Slowing down my ennemy, death is my greatest fear, 3% exp per death is really a big loss.

Also, stop arguing it's starting to get on my nerves.

I'm going to build my character according to my playstyle.

Enough leveling for today, lvl 61/46, 4 more levels, I hope to be wizzard by the end of the week.

Also yay my first rare drop, a geo card <3 (not really all that good but hey it's the only rare drop I got yet)

Mann bubbles you didn't log in today and I got too high to share you'll have to find someone else to leech until you reach our share lvl
    Crap! D:
    I guess leveling is going to be a bit harder for me now. /sigh
    Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to find someone. :]

Playing || Nothing atm. :c

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10
    Serpentshrine Cavern: I replaced The Lurker Below. ^_^

If you have high DEX then casting time wouldnt be a problem. Try getting it to 120+ or better yet 150 to make it instant cast.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112