What the difference between Valkyrie and the others? Is it still fun to play?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default What the difference between Valkyrie and the others? Is it still fun to play?

Hi, I was thinking about playing Valkyrie since it is F2P, but does it contain viruses or anything? And is it still fun because I hear the rates are horrible. I am wondering if I should play this, or play a different game like Silkroad, or Rappelz or something. Any suggestions. Also could anybody help me out on it when I join, I don't know what kind of class to make, and so forth. Are there bosses and raids and stuff? Thanks! Please help, I am not sure whether to play it or not.

Also, What does isometric mean?
    Last edited by ctophman; 05-28-2009 at 12:56 AM.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

Valkyrie is basically a "harder" version of the Premium server.
    For example, rates are lower, some items in NPCs are sold at much higher prices than in the Premium server, etc.

I say it's playable if you have people to actually play with, it makes the experience more enjoyable.

As for jobs, it really depends on what you like. Do you enjoy fighting face to face? Running away and casting? Supporting? Tanking? Etc.

For raids, there's a thing called WoE (War of Emperium) where guilds fight for a castle, it's really fun if your guild is actually decent.

Bosses are hard to come by since everyone kills them, but they usually require a party to take down.

Playing || Nothing atm. :c

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleTea View Post
    Valkyrie is basically a "harder" version of the Premium server.
    For example, rates are lower, some items in NPCs are sold at much higher prices than in the Premium server, etc.

I say it's playable if you have people to actually play with, it makes the experience more enjoyable.

As for jobs, it really depends on what you like. Do you enjoy fighting face to face? Running away and casting? Supporting? Tanking? Etc.

For raids, there's a thing called WoE (War of Emperium) where guilds fight for a castle, it's really fun if your guild is actually decent.

Bosses are hard to come by since everyone kills them, but they usually require a party to take down.

I like to cast cool like spells and stuff, normally powerful or something. I think bladesman are boring just constantly swinging and moping around in most games.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Then wizard would probably be your best choice! Its a good starter class since you really could survive on NPC gears till 70 or 80. Plus since wizards are useful in the War of Emperium, guilds will practically be at your feet asking you to join their guilds. I wouldn't really say Valk is "harder", but NPC items do cost more. But that's about it. The rates really aren't that bad since they are the normal rates before the servers were divided into Premium servers and the free server. The premium server has 1.5x rates and Valk has 1x rates. So its not really THAT bad if you think about it. People who were playing RO before Valk had to use those rates on the other server. So its pretty normal if you ask me.

Danteís Inferno Reputation: 11

Yes I agree. The only difference is that Valkyrie is a free server. Everything normal.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 63

There are 2 things that make a real difference : No safe upgrade (the first upgrades on items are not 100% safe as it would normally be and you could easily break some rare items )

And alot of warps were taken away from kafras, for now I only saw 2 places with kafra that can warp you to more than one other city and those were prontera and juno...

42 Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    There are 2 things that make a real difference : No safe upgrade (the first upgrades on items are not 100% safe as it would normally be and you could easily break some rare items )

And alot of warps were taken away from kafras, for now I only saw 2 places with kafra that can warp you to more than one other city and those were prontera and juno...
    http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/News/N...eyWord=&mNum=4

There are other bigger differences
    Currently playing League of Legends. Summoner name : Don

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 63

Well exept for the few cards that can't drop, most are minor differences.

There's also the teleport sp cost that affects gameplay and exp loss on death, when high level, it can be quite annoying...

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ctophman View Post
    I like to cast cool like spells and stuff, normally powerful or something. I think bladesman are boring just constantly swinging and moping around in most games.
    Mage class can be divided into 2. 1 can go for Sage or Wizard, then eventually become a Professor or High Wizard.

Professor is a support character, don't expect cool-effect-like spells from them. But they are the best character to have in PvP / WOE. Soul Burn, the fog spell, Spell Breaker. Basically, a professor is your worse enemy if you're a wizard.

High Wizard casts the most powerful AOE spells, and they also get the spell enhancer [I forgot the name, boosts your bolts or the 1st hit of AOE spells].

Bladesmen... do you mean melee characters? If you want something fun, go for merchant class. They can become blacksmiths or alchemists the eventually whitesmiths or biochemists. Biochemists are your best friend during boss hunts. Acid Demonstration & Slim Pitching!
    To be forgotten is worse than death - Freya, Final Fantasy IX

Currently playing:
    [MMO] Arad Senki
    [SNES] Romancing Saga 3 extended version
    [PSP] DJ Max Fever, Final Fantasy Dissidia, Tales of the World RM 2
    [Arcade] Tekken 6 BR, DDR X

Arad Senki
    Gilsus - Lv 60 - Phy Dragon Warrior
    Esclados - Lv 50 - Support Holy Order
    カスリーン - Lv 40 - Female Launcher
    Camden - Lv 31 - Caster Exorcist
    Lecarra - Lv 32 - Witch

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Eloute View Post
    Mage class can be divided into 2. 1 can go for Sage or Wizard, then eventually become a Professor or High Wizard.

Professor is a support character, don't expect cool-effect-like spells from them. But they are the best character to have in PvP / WOE. Soul Burn, the fog spell, Spell Breaker. Basically, a professor is your worse enemy if you're a wizard.

High Wizard casts the most powerful AOE spells, and they also get the spell enhancer [I forgot the name, boosts your bolts or the 1st hit of AOE spells].

Bladesmen... do you mean melee characters? If you want something fun, go for merchant class. They can become blacksmiths or alchemists the eventually whitesmiths or biochemists. Biochemists are your best friend during boss hunts. Acid Demonstration & Slim Pitching!
    Merchant class characters make shitty first characters. Simply because they can only level as much as their money takes them. If you can level them effectively then go ahead. But it'll take a while if its your first character.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast