Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: List of MMO's which are worth trying :]

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

http://www.neurostaza.com/ - new browser based game. Game still under development, but I think it's worth trying. Looks at least promising to me.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 30

Achaea is definitely worth a shot. Its free to play. AWESOME PvP. Can have elections in the game for guild / city leaders. The staff does roleplay events for the players to participate in. Free market economy. Did I mention f2p?
    client.achaea.com

Banned Reputation: 10

Wizard 101 is a great game as well!

http://mmotraffic.com/catalog/goplay/36/ODI2MC8vLzM2/

Did someone play it?

Default Eternal Wars

Anyone willing to try a fun interactive mmorpg follow this link www.eternalwars.com/NewHero.php?ref=1183334749

Quote Originally Posted by bueno View Post
    Since everyone is always asking for a new MMO lets compile a New list of what is half-decent.

[NA] = North America
    [SEA] = South East Asia
    [EU] = Europe
    [PH] = Philippines ~ No IP Block
    [Global] = No IP blocks
    ۞ = Honorable Mention
    [CBT] = Closed Beta Testing

3D RPG:
    12 Sky 2 [NA] [EU]
    Aika [NA] or [EU]
    Allods Online [NA] or [EU]
    Atlantica Online [Global]
    Cloud 9 [NA]
    Dungeons and Dragons Online F2P [NA]
    FLYFF [NA] [PH]
    Free Realms [Global] ۞
    Luna Online [NA] or [SEA]
    Mabinogi [NA] ۞
    Perfect World [NA] [SEA] [EU] [PH]
    Priston Tale 2 [EU] [NA]
    Rappelz [NA] or [SEA] ۞ [Nice pet system]
    Requiem: Bloodymare [NA]
    RF Online [Global] [PH]
    Rohan Online [NA] [PH] [Global]
    ROSE Online [NA] or [SEA]
    Runescape [Global]
    Runes of Magic [Global] or [SEA] ۞
    Soul of the Ultimate Nation [NA]
    Sword of the new world / Granado Espada [NA] or [SEA]
    The Chronicles of Spellborn [NA]

2D/2.5D RPG:
    Dofus [Global] [Arena]
    Dragonica [NA] or [SEA] or [EU]
    Dungeon Fighter Online [NA]
    Emil Chronicle Online [SEA]
    Maplestory [Global] [See this link for All Maplestory Versions]۞
    Nostale [EU] or [NA]
    Ragnarok Online F2P [Global] [SEA]
    Wonderking [NA]
    Zero Online [NA]

Linkrealms [Global] [CBT]

FPS:
    America's Army [Global]
    A.V.A [NA] ۞
    Black Shot [NA] [CBT] [SEA]
    Combat Arms [NA] or [EU]
    Crossfire [Global]
    Halo: Custom Edition [Download]
    Huxley [NA] ۞ [CBT]
    Operation 7 [NA] or [EU]
    Parabellum [NA] ۞ [CBT]
    Quake Live [Global]
    Savage 2 [Global]
    Sudden Attack [SEA] or [NA]

TPS:
    Air Rivals / Ace online [NA] or [EU] Aka Space Cowboy Online and Flysis
    Battlefield Heroes [Global]
    Gunz [NA]
    S4 League [NA] [EU]

RTS:
    Battleforge [Global] ۞
    Saga [Global]

Racing:
    Drift City [NA]
    Tale Runners [NA]
    Track Mania Nations [Global]
    Victory : The Age of Racing [Global] [CBT]

Sports/Dance:
    02 Jam [PH]
    Audition [NA] [EU] [SEA] [PH]
    Freestyle Street Basketball [NA] [PH]
    MLB Dugout Heroes [NA]
    Shot Online [NA]

B2P/P2P Free Trials:
    Age of Conan [Global]
    Aion : Tower of Eternity [Global]
    Eve Online [Global]
    Guild Wars [Global] ۞
    Lord of the Rings Online [NA] [EU]
    Warhammer Online [NA] [EU]
    World of Warcraft [NA] [EU]

MOBA (Multiplayer Online battle Arena):
    League Of Legends (LoL) [NA] [EU]

Help me make a good list since the other lists we have are mostly fails.
    Since I've played Rohan for 6 years, I have to say: don't play it if you're not ready to spend a minimum of ~$200 dollars a month. Some people spend $5000 for a new weapon so it can be very hard to.compete..

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

What do you mean by honorable mention? That the game barely made the list? Why do I ask?

Mabinogi got honorable mention when Runescape is without question on the list.
    Runescape just barely updated its graphics and combat and its still blown away by Mabinogi. Ive thoroughly played both. In fact the only redeeming feature for Runescape in 2013 is that its browser based and Ive still played better browser based games. While Im at it, put Drakensang Online on there.
    Anyway, I know other people have their opinions so I guess what Im saying is to get rid of the honorable mention system.
    Last edited by korisblue; 02-13-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 72

this an old list =/

hasnt been updated since 03-30-2010 at 09:47 PM.

sadpanda.
    There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 102

Quote Originally Posted by korisblue View Post
    What do you mean by honorable mention? That the game barely made the list? Why do I ask?

Mabinogi got honorable mention when Runescape is without question on the list.
    Runescape just barely updated its graphics and combat and its still blown away by Mabinogi. Ive thoroughly played both. In fact the only redeeming feature for Runescape in 2013 is that its browser based and Ive still played better browser based games. While Im at it, put Drakensang Online on there.
    Anyway, I know other people have their opinions so I guess what Im saying is to get rid of the honorable mention system.
    There are so many things wrong with this post. K, compare Runescape 2007 graphics/features/skills with the current version. I'm pretty sure (although I may be wrong) that no game has added that many features in its entirety. And how is Drakensang any good? There is no map, the quests are extremely bland and they just require you to kill something or find something. Runescape is better than most MMO's nowadays with its vast array of features and perfectly scripted quests. I also highly doubt you've thoroughly played Runescape unless you mean hitting 10 combat is deep into the game.

World of tanks should be added as it's very fun!!!

I also want to vote for World of Tanks!

Hi guys. Wish I could say that DDO was worth trying. here are my reasons why i am leaving it.

From DDO fanatic (addict) to leaving the game due to appalling cust**** service.
    Firstly I must apologise, this is a bit long, but there is a bit to say and for those of you who value good cust**** service in their games that they play online this is something you should read.
    As many of you know DDO is a fantastic MMO and one can play for hours and hours on end. Like many MMO players I am one of those people. However recent events have made me come to the decision to leave DDO and look for another game or MMO system instead.
    Firstly I have a full year VIP membership ($100 for the year) and would have renewed it if I was staying, but I find that DDO is happy to accept your money but when it comes down to supplying the cust**** with timely and more importantly sufficient (if not good) service that is severely lacking.

My reason for leaving is as such (short version first, full notes after if you care to read)–
    About 2-3 weeks ago, I agreed on a trade ingame for a code for the pre-release pack of the new update (U18), and in return I was to get some items off the shard exchange and trade them with the player (yourdeadboy on Sarlona server). This cost me approximately 4500 Turbine Points, which I had been saving up to buy the expansion pack when it was released on the shop.
    I traded him the items and then he logged off without giving me the code. I sent him a mail saying that I hope he has not swindled me to which he did not reply. I then sent him a less civil mail accusing him of swindling me and he reply to me was “ Gregory House – “Everybody lies” “
    Yes I was stupid and should have asked for the code before buying all the items and giving it to him, but that does not mean I should be ignored by turbine/DDO support as you will see below.

I was quite peeved at the time as you would imagine so I opened a ticket to Turbine about the matter to be told, we do not interfere with player trades. I then opened another ticket to complain about the service from them, and was even madder as Turbine did not seem to care that one of their paying members was just stolen from and as before the ticket was closed and I was told if I had a problem with their service I must log a complaint.
    To cut a long story short I opened a couple more tickets in-game and on the support site. I got a mail saying that one of the GMs will be in touch with me within 5 – 7 working days. I was also told to reply to the email with my information and any other information that I thought was pertinent, which I did.
    While waiting for a reply from a GM I get a mail from them asking me to rate their service to which I told them their service levels were terrible and that I wanted a response to my actual tickets that were open.
    After 7 working days I responded to the mail yet again to enquire why I had not heard from them only to get a return mail that the ticket was closed.
    In nearly every ticket and mail I asked or demanded that someone contact me on my email to discuss the matter further, and am still waiting to hear from them. This to me is totally unacceptable and hence why I will not spend another cent on any Turbine game as they do not give their cust****s service that should be there.
    I do admit that initially when I was angry, I was demanding that yourdeadboy be banned from DDO and that I get refunded my Turbine Points or get a code to the expansion. It was pointed out to me by someone on a facebook post that if they theoretically sell a cellphone and the cheque bounces the bank would not be held responsible for the money, so DDO cannot be held responsible for my turbine points. On that I do agree and in all my later tickets and mails to them I said if I could get my TPs back it would be an added bonus, but I was and am still adamant that yourdeadboy should have his account banned from the Turbine servers.
    I found out that he has swindled a few other people but DDO does not seem to care about those players. I cannot put a message on the social board or on the forum with his toons name as that would be against the EULA and I would get banned from DDO for doing that (extremely ironic).

I was chatting to a friend of mine who moved to Skyrim as DDO had peed him off with some stuff in the past and that he was having trouble finding groups whenever he was logged on. He had been planning on trying it again as I had been pushing him to come back, but after what I have told him, he will never touch DDO again either. So due to their inaction they have now lost 2 paying cust****s.
    He explained to me that a while ago his EA games account was hacked and he lost all of his inventory. He logged a ticket on their system and they came back to him within a day saying that they would investigate the matter. Within 2 days they had rolled back his account to give him all of his inventory back. He did not hear what had happened to the hacker as he did not ask, but with that level of cust**** service and non-tolerance for theft, I can only imagine that the culprit was punished accordingly. That is what cust**** service is about. I do not have an EA account but if that is how their service levels are, I can see myself considering their MMOs.

In keeping with bad service levels from Turbine / DDO, previously I submitted a ticket to them as I had made a green steel (GS) item and somewhere along the line there was an error in it. For those of you who know GS crafting it is a hell of a process to farm the ingredients and then make the item. I showed them the error and showed that I had crafted another item that had the same power as the part made in error which is why I was certain I did not want to make the power (HPs) on that item (still do not know where the error came in). They told me that as I am not using their preferred crafting calculator they will not help me. Really all that was required is that they know how intensive and difficult the crafting is, and instead of fixing it and having a happy cust**** they choose to say no sorry we won’t help you. I understand that they must get a lot of people trying to get them to give them stuff, but all it takes is checking their logs and they will see that I crafted it. Yet again they took the easy road and did not help when the problem should be easily solvable

I really think that they need to look at their support processes as soon as possible because any successful business knows a happy cust**** is a returning cust****. Even though it is a Freemium MMO people still spend money as soon as they can to get the benefits they need and/or want. Every time they lose a cust**** they lose money, so why would they not make their support agents and support processes more cust**** friendly is beyond me.
    I will miss the game, this I do know, but I will find a game to replace it, that I am sure of also.
    Anyways I hope this helps you decide and for those of you that I have had the pleasure of running quests with and those friends that I have made, I hope we can keep in touch and I will let you know what the new system I find is like.
    Play well, kill lots and why oh why do people still live in Stormreach with all the monsters that are there . Best regards Tankety (Fighter), Efffor (FVS), Emmfor (Monk), Tanety (Rogue/Wiz), Rougard (Rogue/Sorc), Highlystrung (Bard) and a few others I haven’t played in ages.

http://knight-shire.com/community/ check this game out its new and the game will lunch when they have about 100 players

is this updated?

I love Mabinogi

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

By TPS, you should at Microvolts (Toywars). It's great fun! You have 7 weapons at te same time, it's epic fun! You should look the gameplay out!

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 44

"Last edited by bueno; 03-30-2010 at 07:47 AM. "

last updated three and a half years ago
    Why is this stickied?

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Almost 4 years now. Someone should edit/redo one of these!

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Any chance of an updated list for what games are worth playing currently in 2014?

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Yeah, these are old games. I'm almost done with Eclipse War since CBT is coming to a close. I follow Steparu on Facebook as he's got a good list of upcoming MMOs.

If you like old school turn-based games like Dragon's Quest or or final fantasy then I have the mmorpg for you! is alot ls alot like the old school 16 bit rpg's and it's f2p. You can create your own character and customize their looks. It currently has 8 different classes, a skill tree system and a pet system. They are constantly updating. Low player base right now but I think it's just not getting out there cuz It isnt getting put out there. I don't think they even have it up on mmohut/onrpg they should do reviews cuz this game is awesome So here's the link and tell all your friends!
    http://silkgames.com/nestalgia/

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Phantasy Star Online 2 and Eclipse War Online these are both worth trying Free 2 play games this month. If you played Phantasy Star 2 on PSP back when the days when you used to adhoc with your friends to slay monster now its online then the Eclipse War Online the MOBA style PVP is quite new for me.

wow thanks for posting this.

Archeage, and I'm thinking about Aion too, Archeage is a great game of what ive seen so far. Haven't gotten it but it looks amazing, lots of people have great feedback on it. Aion is a personal Favourite.

This is a very old post but a good thing is there are still a lot of players giving ideas updating everyone else.

A clap for everyone! Yey!

Now for my contribution.. There is a game called War of the Three Kingdoms (go check it out their Facebook page), it's a browser game (which i think most of you here don't want), but from what I saw it's a fast paced RTS game. A different kind of strategy game.

Default List of MMOs which are worth trying

Are you looking for a list of all the known channels on 118? If you looking for a list of working channels then that depends on your P/S.