Thread: Blue Mars.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 15

lol At first I thought this was a golf MMO...eww
    It actually looks interesting.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 15

blue mars is actually a second rate second life (no pun intended) with better graphics.
    In second life, players make things and have a chance to make real life money (I create and sell weapons and clothing myself, but rarely log in anymore). In blue mars, you can't do that, they just expect you to buy stuff that companies made with your real life money.

Not that I think highly of second life (that game is creepy and full of freaks), but Blue Mars is just another virtual world that someone decided to make because they see how second life deals with millions of usd each day. But they all fail to realise that user dreated content is what drives it, not the fact that people put money into the game and buy stuff.

Even google has tried to make a virtual world, sony made free realms and targeted it towards childrens which was good, so it didn't need user created content since children wouldn't need that, just a few simple "crafting" mini games. And then theres home for the ps3. All you do in that is walk around your tiny apartment, buy stuff from the mall, or watch advertisements, and somehow people think thats in the same category.

Anyway, I'm sure blue mars will do what its supposed to do, since a lot of people seem to be into buying fake clothing for their character that doesn't really do anything besides play mini games. Also, whiel, SL doesn't have NPCs people have of course created NPCs, via bots and actually created NPCs just as they would any other object (including pets and people and bugs that fly around ect).

This game is probably targeted towards people who would rather spend hours on social networks (like myspace or facebook) rather than play videogames (kind of second life is for people would rahter slice their own genitals off).

I signed up also to look into being a developer, but last time I checked, they were only supporting businesses that wanted to advertise in-game. Maybe they've changed it so that anyone can be a developer.