Useful class for PVE and PVP?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 260

Default Useful class for PVE and PVP?

I'm playing a derv right now as my first character, but I read a lot of stuff about how its not very sought after in PVP.

Can anyone recommend a character that is valuable in PVP and fun in PVE as well?

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

honeslty the basic classes from prophecies, if your playing a devish and like it, stick to it. as for a class that does well in both, i would say warrior, monk, necro.

Current Games

Guild Wars - Werk The Witch
    AA3 - WERK_theWARLOCK
    Exteel - WERKtheWARLOCK

eRupublik

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I was a derv/monk and I owned in pvp. You just have to have the right skill set up

Never go all attack, you have to be able to provide on partially your own health without a monk. As a derv, I could do pretty well in the game pvp, pve, plus its fun.

I was also a warrior/monk , and could solo trolls and stuff, they are pretty tough and are good in pve and pvp.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Firstly, what PvP are we discussing here? You won't find a dervish a much sought after profession in high 'tier' PvP (GvG, HA) unless the monthly skill balances swing to their favor. However if you are going for casual PvP such as AB or RA, basically anything goes as most of the time winning is always dependent on your luck of having good team mates and stupid opponents.

As for PvE, any profession is as good as the next. You would be better off H/Hing than looking for PUGs to PvE since majority of them are too thick to improvise their builds and are as disorganised as a bunch of nursery children.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 23

Dervs are sickkk in PVP. Just stick to indirect damage earth prayers and wind prayers. wind prayers will help you catch kiters and provide healing. Earth prayers has ebon dust aura, dont know how good it is now, but its still a nice spell. You want to aim for spells that do damage, but still raise your defense.

If you are serious about playing a Derv in pvp, avoid the necro's. Shatter enchantments will ruin you 50 ways to sunday.
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ.
     じしf_, )ノ

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 15

monks are always needed, but just pick what you like playing.

Banned Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Paladuck View Post
    I'm playing a derv right now as my first character, but I read a lot of stuff about how its not very sought after in PVP.

Can anyone recommend a character that is valuable in PVP and fun in PVE as well?
    not much that i can think of off the top of my head...if you wanna just kill everything try a ranger/mesmer and get a trapping build..that's what my main is..but if you wanna have a lot of health in pvp and barely ever die choose derv/monk there best for pve and pvp because of there high health, there like the GW version of a pally without armor

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Some Derv's are really hard to kill in PVP...and I'm a Mesmer!!! So if I say they're hard, they must be :P. It's not about what class you choose, it's about what skills you have. If you really enjoy playing as a certain class, than stick with it. My main is a Mesmer/Monk, and I do good in both PVP and PVE. I love being a Mesmer.

No class is really stronger than the other, so just pick one that suits your play style.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 13

Bump old topic for Dontkillmydreams, am currently playing a 15 Me/Mo and am having a VERY hard time figuering out how the class works (it's my first GW toon).
    Could you tell me which setup works best Inspirition, Domination or Illusion magic ?
    Currently got all my skills in Fast Casting and Illusion Magic but I tend to do very low dps and go out of energy/health fast.

Tips are appreciated!
    Playing Counter-Strike:Source / League of Legends
    Waiting for Guild wars 2 / Diablo 3
    Addicted to World of Warcraft

Heads or Tails Reputation: 11

I was a Archer/Monk. For me, it was very fun cus' I'm a long range/ healer fanatic. You get to lay back and debuff, mess around with people and switch to Monk when you need to to heal up your m8s.

It's also fun in PVE as long as you have a party.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast