Useful class for PVE and PVP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

hmmm well I played as monk for almost everything ... not healing but a verry powerfull smiter ... I can run gate of madness with my monk heroes verry easely and earn my money by that (8K per person)

for the build u need to do this: start>my documents>guild wars>templates>Right click anywere and select new textdocument (from notepad) open it and copy/paste 'OwAT44HDHqeANymElgfQNy6zkAA' into it> save>name the file> start guild wars> create a monk> and get ur skills and u be so lovely powerfull ^^

u need to edit alittle bit to use it for PVP but u need to d that by urself (I only PVE)

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by acrobat1337 View Post
    Bump old topic for Dontkillmydreams, am currently playing a 15 Me/Mo and am having a VERY hard time figuering out how the class works (it's my first GW toon).
    Could you tell me which setup works best Inspirition, Domination or Illusion magic ?
    Currently got all my skills in Fast Casting and Illusion Magic but I tend to do very low dps and go out of energy/health fast.

Tips are appreciated!
    Inspiration isn't damage. The thing to remember about Mesmer is its often more important to screw up your opponent than to deal damage.

For damage builds though Domination, Illusion, or Fast casting Fire work best. Domination uses Empaty Backfire, and Visions of Regret to destroy PVE mobs. Illusion uses powerul degen spells, and combines it with speed reductions on enemy attack, cast and movement speeds. Fast cast fire takes Fire magic spells with long cast times and speeds up your casting rate, using inspiration magic to power your energy (Lyss's arua is crazy!)

Now for clases for both pvp and pve. First remember that this shouldn't matter, if your doing pvp you should keep a slot open for a pvp character that you can delete and remake at a moments notice.
    If you want to use a pve character for GvG(again not recomended for anyone who is not insanely well equipt), your going to want to play Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer, Elementalist, Curses Necros, Monks, or Ritualists.
    For Heros Ascent, you can thow in assassins.
    For Hero Battles only Assassins and Monks are really playable.
    Alliance Battles are the best area in the game for learning to play a monk, though absoluetly any class is viable there
    Team arenas, Warrior, Monks, Necros and Rangers are viable, sometimes assassins.
    Guild Wars IGN's: (I have three accounts, so try all of these)
    Primary account: Kumlekar The Slayer/Indigo Sass
    Secondary Account: Life of Frost
    Tertiary account: Miss Poon

Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 Server
    Kumlekar

Dark Orbit West Coast Server: Kumlekar (VRU)
    Darkthrone IGN: Why would I tell you that? I hate being attacked.

Banned Reputation: 16

Anyone that says this or that is better than other is a noob.

Some classes are easier than others example W/M is simple to play.

But a R/N takes more skill, so individually they all do good in pve, pvp all depending on your style

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

^ Oh really? Try and get 5 consecutive wins in RA 3 times with a dervish and we will have something to agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
    ^ Oh really? Try and get 5 consecutive wins in RA 3 times with a dervish and we will have something to agree on.

RA arenas are based on your teams skill to if one is crap then you lost. If one just makes pvp chars you lost.
    So get over it its random arenas

Sure. But we are talking about dervish as a good profession for pvp. If it can barely last out in RA, how will it last in HA and GvG? 70 base armor, over reliance of enchantments to generate energy to fuel attacks and zero utility skills. In fact I can even go on to include ritualists as another profession as being a slight but still unfavorable in the current pvp meta as well. Go around HA and GvG, tell me if you see any serious guilds are running a dervish or ritualist in their team.

Sure. But we are talking about dervish as a good profession for pvp. If it can barely last out in RA, how will it last in HA and GvG? 70 base armor, over reliance of enchantments to generate energy to fuel attacks and zero utility skills. In fact I can even go on to include ritualists as another profession as being a slight but still unfavorable in the current pvp meta as well. Go around HA and GvG, tell me if you see any serious guilds are running a dervish or ritualist in their team.
    Dervish are good I mean I have Assassin/Dervish and my own build that owns maybe you just aint used to dervish?
    As for rt there like a jack of all trades they can do it all but aint good at a specific thing, so just because some random guilds are noobs dont mean the classes suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Dervish are good I mean I have Assassin/Dervish and my own build that owns maybe you just aint used to dervish?
    As for rt there like a jack of all trades they can do it all but aint good at a specific thing, so just because some random guilds are noobs dont mean the classes suck.
    So you trying to insinuate a 1v1? Lol that don't proves anything substantial other than a rock paper scissors match. Oh if you had been reading the lines and not between the lines all along, you would have realised I am referring dervish as a primary profession not secondary. So go ahead little boy, run along and make a dervish and go get a 10 consecutive wins with it to prove me wrong. Oh don't forget your screenshot.

So you trying to insinuate a 1v1? Lol that don't proves anything substantial other than a rock paper scissors match. Oh if you had been reading the lines and not between the lines all along, you would have realised I am referring dervish as a primary profession not secondary. So go ahead little boy, run along and make a dervish and go get a 10 consecutive wins with it to prove me wrong. Oh don't forget your screenshot.
    /Facepalm

Are you serious?
    You are sat there saying Dervish aint good in pvp. Then you start talking about Rt?

Then its 10 wins in row and not 5, getting 10 wins in row at RA aint walk in park with any class, dumbass l2p.

Tyvm but I think I know more than enough to come to conclusion that your "all professions are equal in pvp" is a fallacy conjured to soothe your ego. And it is not difficult to net 10 consecutive wins in RA if you are willing to play either hybrid monk or interrupt ranger or domination mesmer. I think you are in dire need of 'l2p' if you started
    Anyone that says this or that is better than other is a noob.
    Clearly you haven't been pvping much to see that some professions are clearly better than others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast