The9 and CN Government has to be snickering at WoW China...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 99

Default The9 and CN Government has to be snickering at WoW China...

When The9 handed over WoW to NetEase on June 7th they weren't ready for it and still aren't ready for it. So, that means 5 million+ WoW players without their drug of choice for close to 3 weeks now. No wonder Blizzard has been quiet lately.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/pcworld/2...offlineinchina
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Currently Testing: Camelot Unchained (PC) & BMX The Game (PC & Mobile)

Pre-Order: BMX The Game (Official Website)

Currently Playing: Hearthstone (PC) & Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360)

Camelot Unchained Official Site

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13

lol, the Chinese play WoW when they have their own amazingly pwnage games? wtf lol
    BLEH

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    lol, the Chinese play WoW when they have their own amazingly pwnage games? wtf lol
    You're so annoying.

Did you even read the article? Probably not.

China has about 50 million frequent online game players, said Zhao Xufeng, an iResearch analyst. World of Warcraft is not the biggest or the most profitable game in China, but it is one of the best known, she said.

livejamie.com

World of Warcraft - NA Onyxia - 80 Orc Hunter / 7x Troll Priest / 7x Night Elf Druid / 7x Orc Rogue
    Cabal Online - NA Mercury - Level 16x Magic Force Shielder / 129 Force Archer
    Runes of Magic - Grimdal (PvP) - Level 5x/5x Mage/Priest
    Lunia - Soldin - Level 5x Eir (Healer)

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

why keep talking about crap games ?

that's what make them known, you wow players .. ( omg don't ban me for that last insult ^^ )

Banned Reputation: 28

I sort of feel sorry for the people that like to play the game, and I'm actually sort of jealous of them in the first place. They don't have Northrend and Death Knights *shakes fist*!

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 49

no wonder Aion is growing at a geometric progression...
    We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Currently Playing:
    - Guild Wars 2

Waiting for:
    - Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by livejamie View Post
    You're so annoying.

Did you even read the article? Probably not.
    I read it, but even so, 10% of their gamers in and of itself is A LOT for WoW when the Chinese have much better games. You come to conclusions too easily.
    BLEH

A Shrubbery Reputation: 25

50 million online gamers in China? Those numbers have to be wrong. I mean, they have well over a billion people over there, and 50 million just sounds very small.

Well, true, not all of them live in the metropolitan areas, and there's a lot of secluded villages and rural areas that don't use electricity or the internet or whatnot. But still, just 50 million?
    Hooray for gaymers!
    Why is it that, as a society, are we more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?

Main games I've played: KalOnline, Requiem, Silkroad, FLYFF, Rohan, Rappelz, SUN, LoL, Guild Wars, RF Online, Rift, and DDO
    Currently playing: Waiting for something interesting

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 260

The economy is really rough, all those Chinese gold farmers are out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    50 million online gamers in China? Those numbers have to be wrong. I mean, they have well over a billion people over there, and 50 million just sounds very small.

Well, true, not all of them live in the metropolitan areas, and there's a lot of secluded villages and rural areas that don't use electricity or the internet or whatnot. But still, just 50 million?
    In places such as China and India, they focus much more on Education than Gaming. 50 Million in China took me by surprise because that number seemed WAYYY too big.

Remember China and India have the 2 highest ranked Education in the world and due to the competition in places like China the kids don't have time to study to get into College. In the US, we are fortunate enough to be pretty much guaranteed to get into college. Over there they don't have the money or the means to send everyone to school.

Gaming over in Asia and South Asia is not nearly as important as in places like the Pacific Islanders where the Japanese are more developed and have the time for such "Luxuries".

All in all, 50 million IMO is still a huge amount of people compared to what I was expecting....
    BLEH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast