Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: K-Style GUIDE

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

IRIIS JUST USE UR MOUSE TO DO THE WORK ITS MUCH MORE EAISIR LEFT CLICK TO SHOOT RIGHT CLICK TO UPPERCUT HOLD RIGHT AND LEFT CLICK TO BLACK SURPRISINGLY I LEARNED THIS MY SELF I ALSO LEARN SS WALLF FLY BY MYSELF:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [IMG]http://www.terranwolf.com/gunz/have_faith_in_gunz.gif[IMG]

Nice guide, helped me remember a few techniques

Btw if thats you in your avi Iris, hotness

Rock Man Reputation: 10

I'm self-taught, *without someone showing me, or me reading a guide* (except for wall flyie thing which someone else taught me - never actually learnt the terminology correctly). The fact that I'm self-taught is probably why I can't beat the really good people, but my "skills" work on most people.

And if I'm right in what I think Flash Step is, the controls are the normal wall slash flyie thing then an added weapon switch which allows you to shoot while "flying".

Jump -> Slash -> Switch (I use 1, 2 and 3 for speed) -> Switch to sword-> Dash -> Repeat.

This is a "wall-technique", meaning that you have to have a wall to use it.

If I'm wrong, sorry, but this move is useful anyway

Name: Tidal_Wave
    Level: 37

Name: Karical
    Level: 36

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

lol nice guide,even though i know ks its still awsome oh ya and withe the qfe style just go to options and change ur heys so E is sword and Q is 1st wep and make next wep 3 and previose wep 1,it makes game alot easier

Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

just to point out, kstyle is also bug exploitation, you werent meant to be able to do it, but anyway, kstyle is BORING! if everyone does kstyle then where's the fun? this game should be about players doing their own styles and comparing their skills with others then learning from defeat. not reading some guide about bug exploitation then learn it to be "pro". i dont do kstyle, and i dont want to because i do things my way, the same way everyone else should be doing it.

Retired Staff Reputation: 51

so what style do you use?
    MEMBER Since 2005

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

Rock Man Reputation: 10

Hiroku, Gunz has been out about 1-2 years now? The K-Style "bug" that is being "exploited" has been around since then. When it was discovered, lots of people used it. It made the game better, instead of "Tumble, shoot, tumble, shoot, hide, reload, tumble, shoot" etc.

The very fact that the creators have left it there for so long and have even encouraged its development shows that they don't care about its use.

I agree that people should be allowed to use their own styles, but don't go telling me that people who use K-Style are as bad as hackers, exploiting things to their advantage.

i agree with memory, k-style wouldnt be called k-STYLE if ppl didnt do it to meet their own expectations. if they want to do use k-style as their own personal way of playing let them. if u want to do something else like tumbling round spraying then go ahead

Nice guide in general but I'm going to post some edits/fixes and some opinions of my own.

I just quoted everything i was going to comment on in one quote cause i dont feel breaking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris
    BUTTERFLY
    Comments – Most useful technique in GunZ, IMO.

How to – Jump, dash, slash, block. Repeat, FAST.

FLASH STEP
    Comments - A useless move, much like an advanced version of light step.

How to - Jump, dash, slash, weapon switch, sword switch, land, jump (ever so slightly) dash. It looks like a jump dash, a little hop, and another dash.

RELOAD STEP
    Comments – Increased version of SS[2]. Just a faster version of switch shot.

How to – Shoot-reload, switch, shoot-reload, switch, repeat until you want to or need to stop.

WIND STEP
    Comments – Hardest move in the game, IMO. This is HHS combined with RS.

How to - Jump, dash, slash-switch, shoot,
    ---!!!--- [Be patient till you jump, or you wont do it right] jump,
    Dash another way, reload, switch to another gun, shoot, switch to sword, dash away.

MILLIONTH STEP
    Comments – Technically, this is a hybrid style, not K-Style. But, hell, I use it. Can’t be that bad! This is HHS with an automatic.

How to - Jump, dash, slash-switch, shoot,
    ---!!!--- [Be patient till you jump, or you wont do it right] jump,
    Dash another way [Dash a little late],
    Switch back to sword, dash away.

BACK MASSIVE
    Comments – Breaks through most “blocks”.

How to – About face before you massive. Then massive

SKY MASSIVE
    Comments – Breaks through all “blocks”.

How to – Back Massive while looking straight up.

SKYBLOCK
    Comments – Blocks all massives except Sky Massive.

How to – Look straight up and block while moving backwards.
    (Opinion)Butterfly is far from the most useful move.

(Opinion)Flashstep is the most useful standard move for simply moving about. It is the fastest way to change directions quickly and makes you much harder to hit. BFly you are slower, predictable, and you can't wall climb very easily.

(Facts)Relaod Shot is when after shooting a shotgun (or theoretically any weapon) you reload immediatly to cancel the small animation of the weapon firing. This allows you to switch weapons and shoot again or just do what ever you want a little bit faster then normal. The one thing is that you have put a bit wrong here is that this technique only cancels the animation not the actual delay of shooting the gun. Therefore you cannot chain it forever (well you can but there is no increase in speed) However you can do it really fast once. Anexample might be easier to explain this.

*Shoot sg* *reload immediatly* *Swich weapon* *shoot again* - doing this perfectly (or near perfectly) allows a very fast double shot of the shotgun.

repeating that by chaining reloads after the second shot is pointless because all this does is cancel the animation not the actual delay. Another example:

*Shoot sg* *reload immediatly* *Swich weapon* *shoot again* *reload* *switch* *WAIT FOR WEAPON DELAY ON THE FIRST SG* *shoot again with first sg* - and so on and so forth.

So reload shot is only really effective for one swap shot then you have to wait.

(Fact)Windstep is the complete wrong move here. Although this is a common missconception. Using reload shots ina half step actually has no name. Windstep is a completely different move also reffered to as Mos Step because mosnanda created it. I will quote the wikipedia gunz entry to describe this accuratly.

Mos Step / Wind Step
    ( JUMP -> DASH -> SLASH -> SWITCH TO GUN -> JUMP -> DASH {AIM NOW} -> SHOOT -> JUMP -> DASH) Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT reload shot. Players mentioned MosNanDa's "Wind Step," and in the same few days, other players introduced Reload Step, which is a move that many players in Korean GunZ use. Reload step and Wind Step however, are not one and the same. Wind Step is a shooting step similar to half step, halfhalf step, or full step, but only a few players know the actual Wind Step. It is basically a Half Half Step with an extra Jump Dash for connection.
    Windstep is not a very useful move but it is different to what you described nontheless.

(Opinion)Millionth step is quite possibly the "move" that is least deservering of a name. You can HS/HHS with any weapon but for some reason when you do it with an automatic it is whole new move. >_< This is just something that has always bugged me a bit and it has nothing to do with your guide at all xD

(Fact)To clear up all the blocking and massives I'll just describe everything starting with the basics.

There are going to be two players in my examples that I will name now to help clarify things. Player A and player B. In all my examples player A slashed player B while player B was blocking. Player A is momentarly "stunned" and player B has an instant Massive.

NORMAL SITUATION WITH NO GLITCHES:
    Player B uses his massive attack on player A who is stunned and it lands.

First Glitch, Glitch block (it prob has 1000 names but ill just call it this for now):
    Player A Holds down "BLOCK" while he is stunned and player B tries to massive Player A but fails because player A is blocking.

Second Glitch, called Back Massive here:
    Player A is Holding down Block and Player B turns his back to player A and uses his massive stike. The massive lands on player A inspite of the fact that player A was blocking because Player B was facing backwards.

Third Glitch, Sky Block:
    Player A holds down the block key and looks straight up into the sky. Player B faces backwards and uses his massive attack. The massive does NOT land because player A was looking in the sky while he blocked.

Fourth Glitch, called Sky massive here:
    Player A Holds down Block and looks straight up. Player B turns backwards and faces straight up and uses his massive attack. It lands inspite of the fact that player A was skyblocking because player B was facing straight up when he used the massive.

Fifth Glitch, i will call Ground block (again prob has alot of names):
    Player A holds down block and looks straight down. Player B turns backwards and looks straight up and uses his massive attack. The massive does NOT land because player A was blocking straight DOWN while player B massived straight UP.

Sixth Scenario:
    Player A holds down block and looks straight DOWN. Player B does a normal backwards massive attack (NOT sky massive). The massive LANDS even tho player A was ground blocking.

So if you actually read all of that you would realize that it becomes a 50-50 chance of massives landing on players that know all the glitches. Player A (the one who is blocking) Skyblocks or ground blocks and player B wither Sky massives or Back massives. It is 50-50 if it lands or fails so what most pro players do is right after player A is countered and is "stunned" they simply uppercut them and do an instakill instead of risking a 50-50 massive.

Okay This took a while and I did not spell check it at all. I also know that Iris is not actually around anymore but this is for anyone who actually reads the post and is still learning about k style.

well i dont think she goes on onrpg anymore
    MEMBER Since 2005

That is why I said

Quote Originally Posted by Grail
    Okay This took a while and I did not spell check it at all. I also know that Iris is not actually around anymore but this is for anyone who actually reads the post and is still learning about k style.

oops my fault lol didnt read proplerly
    MEMBER Since 2005

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Im sorry, but your guide is lacking in the moves department. and btw. Windstep = Hs > Dash > SS

if you want to learn more about kstyle and see a MUCH MORE expansive guide, please goto this link

http://www.gunzfactor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19051

im not sure if u want to add this starter guild to k-style i made (just)
    not like other complicated different moves, but you will find it way to another move by the skill and errors
    http://www.freewebtown.com/mikero/th...tyle_Vol01.gzr
    this is the first skill book i made

Default about pistols--

Good job with the quide, about pistol using. Yes u need tons of aim and u need to be able to half step, shoot ur hole clip at them, if there moderatly still, then half step around like crazy till u reload, (5 secs)

idc if ur not on ONRPG andmore, other peeps will see it non the less

Talking Not bad at all :D

heya there. I'm just downloading the game, and it looks pretty cool. GREAT guide, btw. Best one ive seen for this game so far. Have a good 'un!
    "DANGER: ENTERING PRIVATE TERRITORY"
    Trespassers will be shot.
    Survivors will be shot again.

Im sorry, but your guide is lacking in the moves department. and btw. Windstep = Hs > Dash > SS

if you want to learn more about kstyle and see a MUCH MORE expansive guide, please goto this link

http://www.gunzfactor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19051

NICE, very detailed

yea its a nice guide
    MEMBER Since 2005

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Nice Guide.. ^_^ 7.5/10
    iGunZ: Level 43 Girl Named: Tri?
    Level 35 Guy Named: Proƒile
    Level 15 Girl Named: 7 Death

too bad she doesnt come here anymore.............
    MEMBER Since 2005

Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

hey just noticed the last post of "mine". sorry my bro must of gotten onto my account so ill have to change my password. just like to say though i slightly agree with him, k-style can make it annoying for people that dont use it infact its needed to be able to survive at the higher level areas because tons and tons of people are learning it then the new people wanna learn it so they can be that strong, then that makes the other new people wanna learn it ect and eventually it'll just be everyone doing the exact same styles and patterns. well thats about it, cya's.

Wow...Some of those moves i have never heard of

And i am pretty good K-styler
    Use Your Head

Or Loose Your Head

Default nice

Quote Originally Posted by HellSlave View Post
    Nice guide =) that was hard work^^
    I noticed something that isn't right, sometimes you say "Switch to gun, shoot, dash then switch back to sword", lol as far as I know you cant dash with gun.
    I give it 9/10
    nice man

Quote Originally Posted by carlo555 View Post
    i want to learn how to hack...

any body know??
    wrong place to ask thats against the rules here
    MEMBER Since 2005