Did this happen to anyone else?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Did this happen to anyone else?

I waited like 3 hours for the download and when it finished it said my copy was corrupt and it told me to download it again, which i didn't.

Too bad it looked like a pretty good game.
    Email: BradleyJKrusty@aol.com

Send me an Email not a P.M. if you need to contact me, it's more easy for me.

P.M. me if you find a 2D MMO, i don't care if it's in betta testing.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 27

Don't worry, you're not missing out imo. Although.. 3 hours? Try a different server if you want to play it.
    O Hai, My sig isn't too big now is it?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 71

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley J. Krusty View Post
    I waited like 3 hours for the download and when it finished it said my copy was corrupt and it told me to download it again, which i didn't.

Yeah, it told me my install was corrupt or something as well when i downloaded it. But when I ran it again it worked... Either way you can still install, just skip the corrupted parts and then do a full file check.

i signed up, then my password got changed lol. couldnt even download it.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 10

I've downloaded it, done all the required updates and never had a single problem... if you have a problem with the download either use a download manager or torrent...

The game is a pretty game. If your having issues with the download make sure you are downloading from runesofmagic.com I recommend having a downloader assist program like getright however becuase it liked to die near the completion of the download and has no resume function.

Also be aware of your system requirements. Its overly intense on system requirements in certian zones, espcially within particular instances such as TT where, with dual 3870 radeons and a phenom processor I get 3 to 4 fps during a fight due to the programmers lacking the ability to know how to allow for particle effects off.

While that game is overall a fun experience, the support sucks. They've been referred to as "communists" and "nazis" by a handful of different people. A good friend of mine got banned for asking about a "stealth change" to the eula on the forums for 30 days as an example. You aren't allowed to say anything on the forums unless it shows the company in good light or is question about the game. Just a heads up.

I'm still playing it with my wife, but I've drastically cut back play tmie and started playing Aion which looks even better and gets better, more consisten frame rates without the horrid support. Whatever you do. If you play the game, don't buy diamonds. I've personally spend over $400.00 on the game and I won't spend another dime due to their unwillingess to even answer relevant questions on the forums or in game. (Btw, If your item randomly disappears, you'll never get it back, happened to 3 people that I know of, only 1 in my guild. Just expect ZERO support unless its related to an actual cash purchase, I.e. buying diamonds on the wrong sub account).

If this post would have been on RoM's us site, I would have been banned.

Retired Staff Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley J. Krusty View Post

1 way that works for me, download it from onrpg, xD

only realized it today. it works and i am patching my client now, =D