Online Graffiti RPG

Hybrid View

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Online Graffiti RPG

I had a great idea today that i thought i might like to work on now that it is summer and i am free.

A online graffiti game

It would be a 3rd person cell shaded game, but the graffity would have pretty high quality graphics wise because it would be a art game.

There could be 3 gangs(factions) and when you create character you would choose one of the 3 gangs. I was thinking u could have a system where u can do missions for ure gang as a Tagger. When you do the missions like taging in dangerous spots you would get exp and money. Money could be used to buy better paint tools for faster graffiti so you have a less chance of running into cops. When you level up you get faster painting and better graphics to choose from(these could be learned for a master like skill masters in wow)

Cops in this game would be needed to make it fun and challenging, u could have the cops chase u and u could get into on ground chases wich would be pretty fun. U get caught by the cops u loose like 1% of exp just like every other game in history, oh and they take away ure paint.

In the missions you wouldnt be doing stupid buildings u would look for the most dangerous spots like tag a cop station! if u could pull this off then u would get alot of exp and money for doing the job.

What we would need to make this game:

Couple programmers who know alot about 3rd person 3d mmorpgs.

couple of Modelers are characters got to look cool u know

10 or so Artists, like 3 for teh textures, and 7 for graffiti or they could switch on and off.

Testers maybe like 20 but hell testers are ez to find so that wouldnt be hard.
    Last edited by nickm6; 05-23-2006 at 10:08 PM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Nifty! you could make Graphiti a skill, And have combat as well. Have get away vehicles whih require a driving skill, and maybe some other gang stuff like assisinations, drive bys, robberies. Dungeons could be like robbing like the Museum, you could have a reputation system. You know embelish the Idea of just Graphiti, if this is a MMO you need lots of things for players to do not just one thing.
    Legends of Alterion - Under Development

toast lands butter down, cats land on their feet, what happens when u strap toast to a cat?.....
    Math indicates they will hover in quatom indecision...(yet to be tested)

aite how about a total gang MMO

and u can choose ure job: Tagger Gunner Hitman Dealer

but even better u can switch ure job too so if u run out of missions as a tagger move to a gunner

but i would like teh element of tagging in there cuz its really cool lol

i dont think there is any urban 3rd person shooters
    Last edited by nickm6; 05-23-2006 at 10:42 PM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

no doubt tagging is fun, but the game would be great with lots of features to fit everyone's nich. Urban FPS - GTA almost your game...
    Last edited by Tocs1001; 05-23-2006 at 10:57 PM.
    Legends of Alterion - Under Development

toast lands butter down, cats land on their feet, what happens when u strap toast to a cat?.....
    Math indicates they will hover in quatom indecision...(yet to be tested)

ya i understand what u thinking

i was thinking it could almost be like WoW but a shooter u know realtime too

GTA san andreas multiplayer mod can support 80 people in game at once but that doesnt include civillians or vehicles and stuff so thats out of the question

i was thinking like drug deallers for there missions could do big deals and stuff

and gunners could be assigned to do a raid with like 30 other people on a gang

and assasins/hitmen could do assasinations

taggers could tag

and it could almost be like planet side with the whole turf thing u know

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Wink and this is what I have to say

:rolleyes:Ooo Tocs, I remember the day when sarcasm was my greatest weapon against "Wanna Be" game devs, you never know, the one thing that I did learn was that they may have potential to be a future developer.

Anyways Nickm6, I think this would be a good time to tell you that situation you are in, were you are still uneducated about the actual development process of a game (never mind of an mmo), well Tocs was playing on that. The truth is that no one really works for the idea guy, the really skilled/educated game developers are usually the very designers of their games, or they usually find the "Idea People" and have them working for the developers benefit instead. A lot of the "Ideas" are already down on paper, and are later developed and expanded on by researching what features and elements of the game would best be suited to make it original and fun. This is usually done by asking questions/polls through online communities, in the public, forums, emails, ECT.

Basically the reason why I'm telling you all this is because there isnít much to say about the actual "making of this game" as it will not be done for free by volunteers. Its no because I'm trying to be unreasonable, or others donít respect you, but the fact is that these games take years to make from scratch, not to mention money and very dedicated/skilled teams. Your best bet would be to take your own time and money, invest it in a piece of software like "Realm Crafter" and start playing around with the scripting of the game. Although in order to make that game original you need to have a modeler, or be able to model, which you donít learn overnight, and letís not forget you'll need a 2d Artist to design textures and additional art for the game.

The problem is that you canít exactly have an Idea and make it a game; it just doesnít work that way. The reason why is because making a game (never mind an online game) takes a lot of skill and time, its not easy work, and the process of creating a game is totally different than playing it. So if you want to try out game development, see if itís the right thing for you, you can read over some guides we have in the forums or start looking around at people starting off simple games. I would start small and start focusing on a strong skill you have in computers, whether it be art such as pixel art or 2d graphics in Photoshop, pixel animation/flash animation, you can start learning to do 3d modeling as well, or even make an attempt to start learning a new programming language. There are many languages out there and some of them are a lot easier than others to start learning. I'm not really sure what else I can suggest other than trying to research the process of game development on Google; you can stick around the forums and maybe learn something from other devs, this almost all I can suggest for now.

In the end, I'd love to see you or someone else read this, and thinks, you know what I'm curious about game development; maybe I'll stick around and try to learn something. Its what I did, its what many other developers here did as well, I know that many the members here of Onrpg would encourage and help you out in anyway possible when it comes to learning almost any computer-based skill. In fact I'm going to start off, and post my msn/email address, its fast_traxx@hotmail.com. If you have any questions, or things you'd like to talk about on the subject than feel free to email me or add me on msn, I'd be glad to help.

I hope you take the time to read and think this over, if not than feel free to carry on I guess .

See ya around,

:cool:

-PB
    Been A Member Since May of 2005