Onrpg's Anime Essentials List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11
    Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 5
    Karpal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    colour code the genre key it would make it easier and very good idea

  2. #12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167
    cyber7chink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Missouri USA
    Posts
    9,492
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    One word... Miyazaki

    Many long masterful anime is always compared to Miyazaki. Basically stories that intertwine the involvement of human, spirit, and worlds of nature.

  3. #13
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Jakuza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,993
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    One word... Miyazaki

    Many long masterful anime is always compared to Miyazaki. Basically stories that intertwine the involvement of human, spirit, and worlds of nature.
    Why halo thar, Cyber.

  4. #14
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167
    cyber7chink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Missouri USA
    Posts
    9,492
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuza View Post
    Why halo thar, Cyber.
    LOL, hi...

  5. #15
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168
    Songz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    One word... Miyazaki

    Many long masterful anime is always compared to Miyazaki. Basically stories that intertwine the involvement of human, spirit, and worlds of nature.
    Yah I should add movies as a tag. Because his movies are great.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

    Playing Dawngate, LoL, and DFO

    You can join my Minitroopers army!


    Don't you dare quote me!

    Don't you dare Rep me neither!

    I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

  6. #16
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Jakuza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,993
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    LOL, hi...
    May I be the first one to welcome you back!...If there hasn't already been somebody.

  7. #17
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167
    cyber7chink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Missouri USA
    Posts
    9,492
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songz View Post
    Yah I should add movies as a tag. Because his movies are great.
    Actually, there are alot of directors that use Miyazaki as a genre of anime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuza View Post
    May I be the first one to welcome you back!...If there hasn't already been somebody.
    I never left. I either lurked or posts in the other sections. I come here when I find something of interest to me.
    Last edited by cyber7chink; 07-21-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

  8. #18
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168
    Songz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    Actually, there are alot of directors that use Miyazaki as a genre of anime.

    I never left. I either lurked or posts in the other sections. I come here when I find something of interest to me.
    Well his films are really amazing.. I love spirited away. But you can only tag two things.. so you can't tag Miyazaki and Movies, you need fantasy or something describing the type of film it is. Because he also does series so it may be confusing.

    So I think I'll keep it as film/movies.
    But could you please vote on your favorite films and series from him to add to the thread. Even if it means listing all of them, because thats fine too. Haha.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

    Playing Dawngate, LoL, and DFO

    You can join my Minitroopers army!


    Don't you dare quote me!

    Don't you dare Rep me neither!

    I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

  9. #19
    Rock Man Reputation: 18
    Pygoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    How about the genre 魔法少女 Mahou Shoujo (Magical Girl) anime, few examples

    -Shakugan No Shana
    -Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
    -Mai Hime
    -CardCaptor Sakura
    -Shugo Chara
    -Mai Hime
    and many others add that Tag Mahou Shoujo


  10. #20
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167
    cyber7chink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Missouri USA
    Posts
    9,492
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songz View Post
    Well his films are really amazing.. I love spirited away. But you can only tag two things.. so you can't tag Miyazaki and Movies, you need fantasy or something describing the type of film it is. Because he also does series so it may be confusing.

    So I think I'll keep it as film/movies.
    But could you please vote on your favorite films and series from him to add to the thread. Even if it means listing all of them, because thats fine too. Haha.
    LMAO, I cant just name one and dare not too (lazy). I love them all!! But yes, you can use Miyazaki as a genre. Almost everyone in the entertainment business does.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •