Runes of Magic mass banning accounts: Players VS Company

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Azriel2k3 View Post
    You know that's typical of just about every F2P company out there when a "exploit" that could cause an issue like the one found in RoM is used. If you read the 9 page thread about the reason behind the 7 day temp bans it shows nothing but the community mods and mentors passing the blame onto the players (even if they are 100% innocent, due to the fact that stuff's sold via an auction house), and still stating that regardless of the fact you can't tell if the money is duped/exploited money you should still be punished for it. I do understand the companies standpoint in it but I think it was just poorly handled in the end, blaming your community and punishing the innocent is a good way to ruin a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epix View Post
    The first findings indicated that most of the suspended users indirectly profited from the exploit because they had an unusually large amount of gold on their accounts because they took gold from the actual exploiters. After the end of the initial 7-day suspension period and after removing the gold, these accounts have now been unblocked.
    Sorry, but what else where they supposed to do? If anything, they could give somewhat of a "sorry we took so long unblocking your account" gift, and that's pretty much it.
    It's not the first game in which a gold exploit hits the server and tons of accounts are banned. It's not the first time it has been handled this way (in some other places the innocent accounts get banned for good, no unblocking after removing gold/dupes).

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Sounds ok to me.
    Would be worse if they didnt do anything.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 12

ZOMG! A game company that actually does their job? Unheard of! Frogster was 100% in the right for taking the action they did. They took quick action to keep the exploit from further affecting the populace. If you're involved with a scammer/exploiter/cheater, you should be held to the same accusations that they themselves were held to.
    My Blog - Shadrah's Guide to Gaming

Steel Series 10th Anniversary Competition:

http://steelseries.com/10?code=XzSmmr0G (My personal link.)

Stop on over. I'm pretty new to blogging. I've just recently started.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 28

Well it is good that they do take action to prevent exploit from expanding through the server but temp-banning quite a number of player is somewhat...how to put it...weird. What if the player was just a normal gamer but still get ban for doing nothing. Thats just so wrong.

As my memories fades to nothing
    The only thing I can remember
    Is those warm hand of someone
    Who was once very important to me
    Now that the someone is gone
    The only thing I can remember now
    Is the ice cold heart I have right now

Dragon Nest SEA (SpringWood) Paladin : QuelzacoIt (lv3x)

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 27

That company is a complete joke when I played the game like 8 months ago or whenever it first launched I seen so many situations where the company would lie about certain things like promotions and whatnot then when called out on it they would quickly edit the promotion and act like it never happend; also remove any topics regarding it; not to mention their staff was the most unprofessional staff I've ever dealt with; ALWAYS putting the blame on the players and not accepting any of the blame themselves.

But it all got to a whole new level when the cash shop opened and they started scamming people; there was so many misleading products and blatant attempts to rip off consumers it was sad... all of which may or may not be resolved now but around the time I quit there were hundreds of angry players that felt ripped off and every single negative post or comment about the company was quickly deleted; meanwhile you could post just about anything else you wanted too even illegal stuff and it sat there for 24 hours before someone removed it.

In the end I got fed up and quit once I got banned from their forums for good and not because I did anything wrong either it was because I was warned too many times for recreating topics but the funny thing is I only remade them because the old ones were unanswered and locked by lazy mods who thought it would be easier to just close them instead of trying to provide an answer.

Game was alright too; I had a 50/50 character that I gave away after I got banned from the forums; I would of probably kept playing it if their staff wasn't so darn incompetent.
    Last edited by kbe2k6; 07-27-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

You just described 95% of the f2p mmorpgs.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 40

The company needs to clean up their act. This issue didn't need to occur. They don't care about how the game runs at all. I played for about one whole addictive week, only saw one gm doing this stupid event where you had to guess a 7 digit password for a special house. Somebody eventually won about an hour later. Two days later I talked to the guy who won and he said he still didn't get his prize...

The class balance is terrible. They know this. Are they doing anything about it? No.

Lets just add a new pvp server and some elves and then everybody will be happy! Right?

Other than that, it is a fantastic game. I wish I could go back to playing but, the current state of things makes it downright unplayable.

League of Legends: Ron Stanson
    (currently addicted to) Rust: shovel

Pellet Eater Reputation: 12

It's a shame to see so many people bashing the company when it was the exploiting players that caused the problem in the first place. A gaming company doesn't have the power of premonition. They can't know everything that is going to happen in their game just because you people want them to. You bash Frogster like it's their fault that players actually took the time to work exploits in their game. Like Frogster told them to do it.

Perhaps you should stop jumping on the cool-wagon and think before you speak, hmm?
    My Blog - Shadrah's Guide to Gaming

Steel Series 10th Anniversary Competition:

http://steelseries.com/10?code=XzSmmr0G (My personal link.)

Stop on over. I'm pretty new to blogging. I've just recently started.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 24

Quote Originally Posted by shovel View Post
    The company needs to clean up their act. This issue didn't need to occur. They don't care about how the game runs at all. I played for about one whole addictive week, only saw one gm doing this stupid event where you had to guess a 7 digit password for a special house. Somebody eventually won about an hour later. Two days later I talked to the guy who won and he said he still didn't get his prize...

The class balance is terrible. They know this. Are they doing anything about it? No.

Lets just add a new pvp server and some elves and then everybody will be happy! Right?

Other than that, it is a fantastic game. I wish I could go back to playing but, the current state of things makes it downright unplayable.
    just on the bold. did the people who own the game CREATE the game?

if they didnt. then its the DEV's job and if they dont feel like it complain to them, they are normally in another company.

if they did, continue ranting as pleased.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 32

Sounds like a game company protecting it's investment at the same time providing some protection to the players, sometimes cleaning things up can put people out, but in the long run wouldn't it be better for company and the gamers? the company could of just blanket banned suspect accounts but instead they seem to of investigated the issue and only banned account it believes were the culprits, sounds fair to me
    How Twilight should have ended:

"Your opinion is like an asshole, I don't need to hear it"
    "The problem with non conformists is they’re all the same."
    Failentines: When Romance Goes Wrong
    www.testeagle.wordpress.com (WoW Blog)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast