Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Runes of Magic mass banning accounts: Players VS Company

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyting View Post
    this comment made me LoL... shovel are you really as dumb as the tool you are describing? since WHEN did ppl need to be warned about using exploits? isnt it a common sense to not use it? Another thing is it is probably written all throughout their ToS to report any bugs/glitches found and the gaming company has the right to terminate any accounts with out warning. Grow up kid. You guys need to stop whining, frogster is being generous letting ppl keep their accounts after ASSOCIATING with exploiters.
    He isnt to bright when it comes to this. He probably thinks when you create your account, you own the account. Which would be false.

And yes, the TOS says everything you need to know. Sorry, but arguing about this doesnt make you right (Shovel). Its just shows how ignorant you are on how things work. Honestly, he acts as if he is new to MMORPGs.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    He isnt to bright when it comes to this. He probably thinks when you create your account, you own the account. Which would be false.

And yes, the TOS says everything you need to know. Sorry, but arguing about this doesnt make you right (Shovel). Its just shows how ignorant you are on how things work. Honestly, he acts as if he is new to MMORPGs.
    I do agree to this, however, what is your opinion on the game company allowing people who are banned to still purchase these "diamonds", even while the investigation is taking place? Would you be annoyed if you had bought some, and you were just about to log onto your account, when you get banned, with the possibility of it being permanent, for something you had no control over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    I do agree to this, however, what is your opinion on the game company allowing people who are banned to still purchase these "diamonds", even while the investigation is taking place? Would you be annoyed if you had bought some, and you were just about to log onto your account, when you get banned, with the possibility of it being permanent, for something you had no control over.
    Ask that question to those it happened to in Star Wars and Guild Wars.

MY account for RoM is still active, even after that trouble. Yes, I was in the thick of it. Now about my opinion? No, it does not get me mad. A business has to do what it needs to to make sure things get back to the way it was before the hiccup occured.

Their CS department is a good one. I see this as a small little snafu.

What I find funny is this... this happens a lot in games, but look how this is blown up?
    Last edited by cyber7chink; 07-27-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

I know i can't speak for all gaming companies (cough aeria) but frogster is a company ive grown to trust in terms of judgement. Yes they have had their fair share of delays, yes they have made mistakes and wrote some events wrong. But when it comes down to it, I have yet to see anyone innocently banned. I have been playing this game for a while now, and amazingly it has been mostly hackfree. I was surprised to hear about this ban but not completely shocked as the prices of a lot of things seemed to jump 10 fold over night. Anyways, the point i was making is, if you haven't done anything wrong, you probably dont need to worry about it and continue buying diamonds if you please.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 40

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post

There is no reason for rudeness, cyber.
    I know that you do not own the account you register for. I know they have every right to do whatever they want with your account, but does that make it okay for the company to do that? I know they are just temporary bans All I was saying is that it could have been handled in some better ways. At the very least they should provide a reason why your account was blocked. We know that not everyone that was temp banned was guilty, it was just being investigated.

Sorry about my rant earlier in the thread, didn't really have anything to do with the topic, I was just venting my personal complaints with the company (which I still stand by )

League of Legends: Ron Stanson
    (currently addicted to) Rust: shovel

Quote Originally Posted by shovel View Post
    There is no reason for rudeness, cyber.
    I know that you do not own the account you register for. I know they have every right to do whatever they want with your account, but does that make it okay for the company to do that? I know they are just temporary bans All I was saying is that it could have been handled in some better ways. At the very least they should provide a reason why your account was blocked. We know that not everyone that was temp banned was guilty, it was just being investigated.

Sorry about my rant earlier in the thread, didn't really have anything to do with the topic, I was just venting my personal complaints with the company (which I still stand by )
    Thank you for showing us you didnt read anything. They did give a reason why they did it. It was in their initial announcement.

Please learn to read everything before you post or at least comprehend it.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 75

First off, it should be said that this is Frogster Europe - and this problem hasn't existed with the American servers.

The European Frogster and the American Frogster are different.

So it's kinda funny to see Americans complaining about a company they've never encountered, unless your character is on the Euro server for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shovel View Post
    Yea, poor Frogster had to ban a bunch of innocent players for participating in the auction house. Frogster should have an active group of Community helpers or moderators on their forum to at help least give out information, maybe tell people not to do something or warn them about exploits. But no, lets just ban a ton of people.
    The people who bought illicit items were temporarily banned (only for a couple days) and then their account went to normal, maybe they knew what they were doing and maybe they didn't, but no long-term damage done.

The people responsible were permabanned.

Frogster does have an active community that explains this kinda stuff, and this has been pointed out in this thread already.. read a lil bit.

livejamie.com

World of Warcraft - NA Onyxia - 80 Orc Hunter / 7x Troll Priest / 7x Night Elf Druid / 7x Orc Rogue
    Cabal Online - NA Mercury - Level 16x Magic Force Shielder / 129 Force Archer
    Runes of Magic - Grimdal (PvP) - Level 5x/5x Mage/Priest
    Lunia - Soldin - Level 5x Eir (Healer)

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

The punishment must be served as an example for possible future exploiters.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe2k6 View Post
    That company is a complete joke when I played the game like 8 months ago or whenever it first launched I seen so many situations where the company would lie about certain things like promotions and whatnot then when called out on it they would quickly edit the promotion and act like it never happend; also remove any topics regarding it; not to mention their staff was the most unprofessional staff I've ever dealt with; ALWAYS putting the blame on the players and not accepting any of the blame themselves.
    In the end I got fed up and quit once I got banned from their forums for good and not because I did anything wrong either it was because I was warned too many times for recreating topics but the funny thing is I only remade them because the old ones were unanswered and locked by lazy mods who thought it would be easier to just close them instead of trying to provide an answer.

Game was alright too; I had a 50/50 character that I gave away after I got banned from the forums; I would of probably kept playing it if their staff wasn't so darn incompetent.
    I call the forum GMs by the name "absolute corrupt" since they wield absolute power. Hence why I looked for a safe haven for comments away from their moderation. This one. That being said:

I've noticed the same thing. GM's such as Icarri are total A holes with no cust**** service skills for dealing with issues with anyone that has a "problem" and isn't kissing his feet. I've had employees I've canned for less than with he does. Yet, he still stays employed which speaks poorly of the company. Not all is bad within the game; I have had times where cash shop issues were resolved extremely quickly, however most of the time you have to climb the ladder to get anything resolved. One of these days the CEO is going to get a letter on his desk because no one under him will do anything. I see that day coming shortly and I will join the masses at flooding his desk with such complaints as such poor service distracts from what is otherwise an extremely enjoyable game.

The game is fun with its mechanics. However its extremely bloated with poor graphical settings. For instance you cannot turn off particle effects, meaning even with the minimum settings it still requires ungodly amounts of graphical power. The funny thing is, This is there "new graphics engine" they released with the level increase to 52.

The final piece that really annoys is that I've known a number of guilds, who have for one reason or another lost the lead of the guild. Their response has been to either delay, or deny the transfer of power to someone new. They throw out reasons such as "legal issues", which ultimately holds no water. I've actually notices they have a set format for responding when they don't want to assist you, the answer always stays the same, just the target reason changes. Shotty handling of business if I'd say so.

There, its nice to make comments out of reach of Icarri's smart mouth and unjustified reach.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 56

oh the sweet necro
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_switch_css View Post
    im stealing internet from the guy downstairs.. sometimes he gets mad and hits the ceiling with the broom unsecure wireless FTW!

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

And you know the coolest thing about all of that?

The biggest exploiters are still there.

They made so many accounts, using different emails and connecting on the game using proxies. They can also multi account on the game in the same computer using virtual machines. They were able to hide most the money ammongst certain types of items and accounts in the game. They anticipated it and prepared for it.

After the smoke is clear they will just keep managing their fortunes using the net of orange accounts each one with its own purpose on the market.

Just came to say its funny that even though there is this whole discussion, the problem remains. Its not something the company can do now even if they knew each one of the process players did to protect themselfs.

I just wanted to point out that this is a free to play game. Be happy they did something.

Old post yea I know blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzgash View Post
    I just wanted to point out that this is a free to play game. Be happy they did something.

Old post yea I know blah blah.
    Its free to some. I've personally spent over $500 u.s. dollars on the game. My friend lovingly known as Tagan on the OSHA server has spent over $5000.

He left RoM last night. Why? They banned multiboxing. (last straw). Of course any mention of them stealth changing the EULA on their forums can lead to a ban of your account. This communistic approach to the boards has got way out of hand. It's impossible to even discuss relevant issues without having a thread deleted.

Sadly what is otherwise a fun game, has become a nightmare do to the heavy hand and greed of Frogster America employees.

The game has lost its fun factor, it will soon (already happened a lot with the release of Aion) see a mass exodus unless they change their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzgash View Post
    Sorry, but I've seen this load of horse manure posted on the RoM forums before, and every time it irks me just a bit more.

"Be happy they did something". Oh yeah, because they're a real selfless charity providing us a free service, and we should just bow down and lick their boots no matter how much shit they step in, right? They aren't doing us any favors providing this game free to play. It's a business model.

They are a BUSINESS. And they have CUST****S. The "free to play" model is just a different approach to making money, just like WoW, or Aion. So NO...we shouldn't just "be happy". And this game isn't "free to play" for a LOT of people. This game is free to play most of the content. You could probably make it to level 55/55 without spending a dime. But you NEED to use the Cash Shop to even play in any of the new end-game content.

Runes of Magic is NOT free to play end-game.
    Last edited by Zarathmus; 10-26-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathmus View Post
    Sorry, but I've seen this load of horse manure posted on the RoM forums before, and every time it irks me just a bit more.

"Be happy they did something". Oh yeah, because they're a real selfless charity providing us a free service, and we should just bow down and lick their boots no matter how much shit they step in, right? They aren't doing us any favors providing this game free to play. It's a business model.

They are a BUSINESS. And they have CUST****S. The "free to play" model is just a different approach to making money, just like WoW, or Aion. So NO...we shouldn't just "be happy". And this game isn't "free to play" for a LOT of people. This game is free to play most of the content. You could probably make it to level 55/55 without spending a dime. But you NEED to use the Cash Shop to even play in any of the new end-game content.

Runes of Magic is NOT free to play end-game.
    Spot on. I'm currently taking a TQM upper division course (Total quality management) and its amazing how poor their business is. They have ZERO cust**** service (unless you can prove you've spent THOUSANDS on the game) and will literally hang up on you if they don't l know the answer to your question. My wife called back 5 times, each time she was hung up on. This business fails. And sadly so will a good game of RoM.

Banned Reputation: 10

Yeah I was in similar situation but I guess I found out that you can't sell items to other players and taken everything into considerations, you can't blame Frogster for banning players who do not follow the terms of service. Players can't "steal" Frogster profit from selling to other players.