Runes of Magic mass banning accounts: Players VS Company

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Testeagle View Post
    Sounds like a game company protecting it's investment at the same time providing some protection to the players, sometimes cleaning things up can put people out, but in the long run wouldn't it be better for company and the gamers? the company could of just blanket banned suspect accounts but instead they seem to of investigated the issue and only banned account it believes were the culprits, sounds fair to me
    sounds fair to me too. even if innocent people do get banned. they will be unbanned pending on investigation.

just like real life. if your suspected. they will investigate.

its always been guilty until proven innocent.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Claudezero View Post
    just on the bold. did the people who own the game CREATE the game?

if they didnt. then its the DEV's job and if they dont feel like it complain to them, they are normally in another company.

if they did, continue ranting as pleased.
    It is just as much the publisher's responsibility to get it across to the developers. When the publishers release a preview of the next patch, but they start with "I know this may not be what the community was hoping for...", then you know something isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisel View Post
    It's a shame to see so many people bashing the company when it was the exploiting players that caused the problem in the first place. A gaming company doesn't have the power of premonition. They can't know everything that is going to happen in their game just because you people want them to. You bash Frogster like it's their fault that players actually took the time to work exploits in their game. Like Frogster told them to do it.

Perhaps you should stop jumping on the cool-wagon and think before you speak, hmm?
    Yea, poor Frogster had to ban a bunch of innocent players for participating in the auction house. Frogster should have an active group of Community helpers or moderators on their forum to at help least give out information, maybe tell people not to do something or warn them about exploits. But no, lets just ban a ton of people.

League of Legends: Ron Stanson
    (currently addicted to) Rust: shovel

Pellet Eater Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by shovel View Post
    Yea, poor Frogster had to ban a bunch of innocent players for participating in the auction house. Frogster should have an active group of Community helpers or moderators on their forum to at help least give out information, maybe tell people not to do something or warn them about exploits. But no, lets just ban a ton of people.
    What you fail to realize is that a company can't possibly know every flaw their game is going to have before it happens. Until a problem arises, they will almost always be oblivious that such a thing could happen. When a play takes time out of his day to intentionally find said flaws to exploit and get ahead, you're going to blame the company? Do you live in reality?
    My Blog - Shadrah's Guide to Gaming

Steel Series 10th Anniversary Competition:

http://steelseries.com/10?code=XzSmmr0G (My personal link.)

Stop on over. I'm pretty new to blogging. I've just recently started.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisel View Post
    What you fail to realize is that a company can't possibly know every flaw their game is going to have before it happens. Until a problem arises, they will almost always be oblivious that such a thing could happen. When a play takes time out of his day to intentionally find said flaws to exploit and get ahead, you're going to blame the company? Do you live in reality?
    Well I guess since the company has almost no contact with the developers who could correctly fix the issue, their only choice was to shut the game down temporarily or ban a ton of people. I get it now.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by shovel View Post
    this comment made me LoL... shovel are you really as dumb as the tool you are describing? since WHEN did ppl need to be warned about using exploits? isnt it a common sense to not use it? Another thing is it is probably written all throughout their ToS to report any bugs/glitches found and the gaming company has the right to terminate any accounts with out warning. Grow up kid. You guys need to stop whining, frogster is being generous letting ppl keep their accounts after ASSOCIATING with exploiters.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyting View Post
    this comment made me LoL... shovel are you really as dumb as the tool you are describing? since WHEN did ppl need to be warned about using exploits? isnt it a common sense to not use it? Another thing is it is probably written all throughout their ToS to report any bugs/glitches found and the gaming company has the right to terminate any accounts with out warning. Grow up kid. You guys need to stop whining, frogster is being generous letting ppl keep their accounts after ASSOCIATING with exploiters.
    He isnt to bright when it comes to this. He probably thinks when you create your account, you own the account. Which would be false.

And yes, the TOS says everything you need to know. Sorry, but arguing about this doesnt make you right (Shovel). Its just shows how ignorant you are on how things work. Honestly, he acts as if he is new to MMORPGs.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    He isnt to bright when it comes to this. He probably thinks when you create your account, you own the account. Which would be false.

And yes, the TOS says everything you need to know. Sorry, but arguing about this doesnt make you right (Shovel). Its just shows how ignorant you are on how things work. Honestly, he acts as if he is new to MMORPGs.
    I do agree to this, however, what is your opinion on the game company allowing people who are banned to still purchase these "diamonds", even while the investigation is taking place? Would you be annoyed if you had bought some, and you were just about to log onto your account, when you get banned, with the possibility of it being permanent, for something you had no control over.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    I do agree to this, however, what is your opinion on the game company allowing people who are banned to still purchase these "diamonds", even while the investigation is taking place? Would you be annoyed if you had bought some, and you were just about to log onto your account, when you get banned, with the possibility of it being permanent, for something you had no control over.
    Ask that question to those it happened to in Star Wars and Guild Wars.

MY account for RoM is still active, even after that trouble. Yes, I was in the thick of it. Now about my opinion? No, it does not get me mad. A business has to do what it needs to to make sure things get back to the way it was before the hiccup occured.

Their CS department is a good one. I see this as a small little snafu.

What I find funny is this... this happens a lot in games, but look how this is blown up?
    Last edited by cyber7chink; 07-27-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

I know i can't speak for all gaming companies (cough aeria) but frogster is a company ive grown to trust in terms of judgement. Yes they have had their fair share of delays, yes they have made mistakes and wrote some events wrong. But when it comes down to it, I have yet to see anyone innocently banned. I have been playing this game for a while now, and amazingly it has been mostly hackfree. I was surprised to hear about this ban but not completely shocked as the prices of a lot of things seemed to jump 10 fold over night. Anyways, the point i was making is, if you haven't done anything wrong, you probably dont need to worry about it and continue buying diamonds if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post

There is no reason for rudeness, cyber.
    I know that you do not own the account you register for. I know they have every right to do whatever they want with your account, but does that make it okay for the company to do that? I know they are just temporary bans All I was saying is that it could have been handled in some better ways. At the very least they should provide a reason why your account was blocked. We know that not everyone that was temp banned was guilty, it was just being investigated.

Sorry about my rant earlier in the thread, didn't really have anything to do with the topic, I was just venting my personal complaints with the company (which I still stand by )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast