I'm giving in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 15

RO is a great game, and all private servers are illegal. Dont waste your time playing some knock-off version of the game (private servers) when you can experience the real thing that started it all. If you want stability, play on iRO. You will NEVER have to worry about your account getting deleted/server wipes or any BS like that. Best of all its free! I used to p2p back in the day, so this is gold.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
    Well, if this was when the game first out, he didn't have the mountain of information, exp boosts, etc, we have now.

And back then, that was half of max level. <.<
    '

Oh yeah I didn't remember that..
    hurr durr

Banned Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Corrision View Post
    Let me refrase myself.

Private servers with higher rates than normal are for noobs who suck at the game. And the WoW ones are just plain illegal.
    Theres a difference between being "a noob who can't play the game" and someone who likes to play casually instead of hardcore grinding.

Some people aren't high school kids out for summer vacation and see that as a luxury.

This is one of the reasons that FFXI would have probably the most successful pserver communities, just because people want to play the game and have fun rather than consider it their life and be bored grinding like a second job.
    Last edited by Elegy; 07-29-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 19

I liked iRO, but not enough to pay for it, and Valk server is so broken and wrong, it seems like a crappy pserver to me.

I'll never forget iRO though back during the time when I used to pay for it. Met so many good friends there.
    ♥Emi Hinouchi♥
    Playing::
    League of Legends: Electric Tempest

Rock Man Reputation: 14

Just note that I know a substantial number of official server veterans who prefer p.servers over the official ones. (No ridiculous bots, easier leveling, MUCH BETTER GMs, etc.)

They include people who have won the regionals and participated in RWC. And there have been cases of top official server guilds migrating to privates.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 32

valk server is trash and nobody want to pay anymore...there are so many good freeshards out there with huge communitys (nice communitys) i think you should start there
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 31

Most pserver communities have better rates, GMs and overall hacker/spammer moderation, just people trying to enjoy a game that the company fails to deliver.
    Playing
    Path of Exile
    Minecraft Tekkit
    Team Fortress 2
    steam id: darkrevalation

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Corrision View Post
    Let me refrase myself.

Private servers with higher rates than normal are for noobs who suck at the game. And the WoW ones are just plain illegal.
    I was just sharpening my claws.....

I know exactly what you mean though. The point of RO is the journey it takes you to get certain things being on a server thats modded the max level/job level and made the drops so stupidly easy is not fun at all.

However i played on a 3/3/2 server for years probably the best community ive played with on a game and if you think grinding thara frogs for 5 hours is for noobs then theres something wrong with you.
    "You are the Future in the present so make sure you make history" Wretch32 UK Grime Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    I dreamt about a fly, that was getting progressively larger over time. Everyone shunned and tried to swat it, I protected it and eventually rode it around. Shenanigans were abundant, and eventually I rode it into the stars.

Geez I'm weird..

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 40

Im on Valk

aco: 40/30
    ign: Aeris Beulve

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 43

Thing bad about ragnarok is botting is so easy on it.. I went to play on that valkryie server once and the tutorial zone had a least 50 bots there.. and I think 1 actual person besides me. I know if you played you would eventually outlevel most bots... but I dont see point in wasting all that time lol.. I rather play Tibia where at least the botters are actually on the computer talking in game chat or something and not completely afk lol.

Heroes of Newerth - Powster
    Savage 2 - Powster
    Starcraft 2 - Powster.380 (Master Protoss/Zerg)
    Steam (CS:S, L4D2, TF2) - Powster

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast