Bad News about the Magic Luancher

Retired Staff Reputation: 51

Default Bad News about the Magic Luancher

AKAlias and I figured something that might be the problem when using the magic launcher and how it is related to the Blank Server issue.

Here's how it works:

This is based on AKAlias' situation so look.

Whenever AKAlias opens his launcher, it says "Check your internet connection." This prevents him from even updating his GunZ folder. The solution to this is to use the magic launcher, now after getting past the loading screen and finally making it to the log-in screen, he gets an error "Cannot Access Server". This is because his files still aren't updated.

So now AKAlias downloads the recent GunZ folder uploaded by "someone" here in the forums. After finishing the download, he overwrites the original GunZ folder so now he should have the newest and most recent version of GunZ. He runs GunZlauncher and it still says "Check your Internet Connection.". This is definitely not GunZ's problem because it could be a process that's in conflict with GunZ that prevents the Launcher to connect. Now AKAlias runs the Magic luncher and guess what happens? The torrenting process gets bypassed, on to the loading screen and finally after that he sees a log-in screen with no servers to pick from. This is the Blank Server "bug/glitch/whatever" the **** you wanna call it.

How is this possible? Since the Magic Launcher skips the torrenting process, it doesn't connect you to the server. The fact that the Magic Launcher is also updated can also contribute to the problem.

Solutions create more problems and just makes the situation worse.

So what do we have to do? For those who had little to no trouble updating GunZ, good for you. For those who don't, you wait for a newer version of the Magic Launcher. Or if the Magic Launcher is not the solution then it could be something else entirely.
    Hope theres an update soon
    MEMBER Since 2005

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

im not sure its related to my server issue. i did tyr it and nothing changed and no servers showed anyway.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

so first launch the game Gunz and then the magic button ? or first the button and then the launch of gunz

Retired Staff Reputation: 51

um this thread means that the luacher doesnt work
    MEMBER Since 2005

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.