Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagerly Awaiting Aion, But Is It The Game For Me?

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

i have one question:I downloaded the Aion(Us) but i registered an account in En(G does this matter to enter in Aion(Us)? because when i put the login and the password inside the game to login it says ID or Pass does not match.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 103

Quote Originally Posted by loladas View Post
    i have one question:I downloaded the Aion(Us) but i registered an account in En(G does this matter to enter in Aion(Us)? because when i put the login and the password inside the game to login it says ID or Pass does not match.
    :You need a beta key to make an aion game account.

:Closed beta does not start til Friday.
    Give & Take

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

i have cb key.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 103

Then you gotta wait until Fri. like everyone else.
    Give & Take

Banned Reputation: 87

If you're waiting for AION because you think it won't be boring, grindy, and will bring something new to the genre of mmorpgs then you will be dissapointed. In fact, you'll be so dissapointed for wasting $50 on that garbage that you'd wish you would have played WoW (Which is REALLY bad since WoW reeks).

If you're waiting for AION just because you're extremely bored, have extra money in your pocket, and just want a time waster, then by all means, buy AION.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    Streets of 'Ginny Reason: It's not terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    If you're waiting for AION because you think it won't be boring, grindy, and will bring something new to the genre of mmorpgs then you will be dissapointed. In fact, you'll be so dissapointed for wasting $50 on that garbage that you'd wish you would have played WoW (Which is REALLY bad since WoW reeks).
    I agree. ;B... They should get Champions!

Lifetime subscription! 8D

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Mixed2k View Post
    Well, I'm in the same situation as the OP, the difference is that i never played a p2p before.

Aion itself seems OK, but so did WAR, remember when everybody was so like... WAR = WOW killer? and hey it's the best game evahh ? Well, it didn't happen.

Well, at least OP can play WoW, and in my situation I don't really have any p2p to join, (it's dumb to start playing wow now, FFXI seems kinda old, AoC doesn't seem to have a good population, WAR same thing, and hmm.... EVE it is just impossible to be "high level" in that game now due to it's system)

Can't really think of any others.

Oh and btw, a little off-topic but it is very important for me to know this.
    A few days ago i saw a Youtube review of Aion, and the guy said something about the collectors edition had more flight time or something, and according to him, it had an advantage in pvp.
    Is that right? I mean..... if I am going to play a p2p then I want equality, otherwise I would just play a f2p and get pwned by cash shoppers...

Oh, and my guess.... I think Aion will fail, nothing against the game really, it seems good, I just think it will end up like WAR.
    I guess we will see when it comes out won't we?, I think aion has a big chance at becoming a good mmorpg and populated, Im sure if 20-25% play aion is Korea. im sure theres gonna have alot here too.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

If you're waiting for AION just because you're extremely bored, have extra money in your pocket, and just want a time waster, then by all means, buy AION.
    Guess you don't know much about the abyss? Chain skills?

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/gene...ow-balaur.html

Have a read if your interested, it's one of the recent patch notes that Aion is going to start on when it comes out.

I'm going to be fairly frank, the first 9 levels are pretty dull, it's once you hit level 10 and choose your second class + get more skills that the game starts to get fun. That said if you tried out the beta I'd say don't quit until you reach 10 or higher :x
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 182

Just because 20% asian bla bla play, does not mean it is good. Look at Lineage >.>
    Currently best in:
    Mabinogi
    TF2

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Catling View Post
    Just because 20% asian bla bla play, does not mean it is good. Look at Lineage >.>
    No but it does mean that 20% of people in china like it, and that there won't be a shortage of population.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 182

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    No but it does mean that 20% of people in china like it, and that there won't be a shortage of population.
    I heard china like grind
    Currently best in:
    Mabinogi
    TF2

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Catling View Post
    I heard china like grind
    china had around 6million people playing WoW, US/CAN had a couple million...it was the most played game in both countries, nuff said?
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

don't know if someone mentionned this but you missed out on so much content by not pvping in guildwars. sure clearing dungeons are fun but guildwars centered around it's amazing competitive pvp imo.

and i can't wait to get aion i'm actually going to go out and pre order it today.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 17

I preordered aion and tried in CB. I thought it was pretty decent game, like the pve was made easy, and I didnt really need to spend hours of finding something, due to the nice automatic pointing thing, where to go to complete quest, except for few bugged up quests.

I also thought the game was kinda nice straightforward, so it felt like I was playing kinda something that had maybe something like ongoing plot, or story, which was kinda nice for me, bit like in GW. The thing just is, that if the max level is like 50 or 60, and the leveling was at beginning easy, but seemed to become harder and harder every level, I am afraid that will kill this game for me.

I pretty much bought the game solely for the PvP, because I heard it has nice pvp, but if they force me to grind hours so that I can only be able to take part of the pvp-action, I probably will quit playing the game, because generally I don't enjoy grinding at all.

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 11

If you liked Guild Wars you should like Aion. IMO Aion reminded me of a Guild Wars with much better graphics and a regular MMO combat engine (non-GW). I dunno how to explain it, the game just felt like Guild Wars as far as asthetics and atmosphere, and I liked that.

Also, the music is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsu View Post
    I preordered aion and tried in CB. I thought it was pretty decent game, like the pve was made easy, and I didnt really need to spend hours of finding something, due to the nice automatic pointing thing, where to go to complete quest, except for few bugged up quests.

I also thought the game was kinda nice straightforward, so it felt like I was playing kinda something that had maybe something like ongoing plot, or story, which was kinda nice for me, bit like in GW. The thing just is, that if the max level is like 50 or 60, and the leveling was at beginning easy, but seemed to become harder and harder every level, I am afraid that will kill this game for me.

I pretty much bought the game solely for the PvP, because I heard it has nice pvp, but if they force me to grind hours so that I can only be able to take part of the pvp-action, I probably will quit playing the game, because generally I don't enjoy grinding at all.
    level 25 is when PvP starts, for the most part you don't necessarily have to be max level when you pvp in abyss...but you will have a disadvantage. Really that is the only thing that worries me about this game lol but from the way I see it, after level 10 the combat gets fun and my friend got to level 20 and told me after level 14 is when it started taking around 45 minutes~an hour per level though he worked a lot on professions like cooking and stuff so really it probably won't be that bad until you get to the mid~high levels and by then the combat will be more enjoyable.

That's one thing that sort of got me into this game is the monster battles in this game are not easy, you have to pay attention or they will rip your heart out lol granted I was killing things one or two levels above me but they were extremely tough and I believe I died once or twice. But I'm sure if you get a party going it will be a lot more fun.

Wow I talk to much...>>
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

Banned Reputation: 87

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    Guess you don't know much about the abyss? Chain skills?

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/gene...ow-balaur.html

Have a read if your interested, it's one of the recent patch notes that Aion is going to start on when it comes out.

I'm going to be fairly frank, the first 9 levels are pretty dull, it's once you hit level 10 and choose your second class + get more skills that the game starts to get fun. That said if you tried out the beta I'd say don't quit until you reach 10 or higher :x
    Actually I stopped at 13 because I got to 10 and figured that I can't fly almost anywhere. Game got extremely boring due to boring and uninspired skills, and dull environments.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 347

Actually I stopped at 13 because I got to 10 and figured that I can't fly almost anywhere. Game got extremely boring due to boring and uninspired skills, and dull environments.
    boring skills? aion has some of the most impressive skills ever. you cant expect to have imba stuff at lowlvls. you should just stick to games like zhu xian

Quote Originally Posted by zaberisk2 View Post
    also, bodybuilders donīt eat healthy

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by MrTingTing View Post
    It has quite a bit of grind, but some hardcoring asians reached max lvl like after 4 days so it can't be THAT bad.
    Thanks, also thanks to everyone who weighed in about the grind. I'm liking the sound of Aion more and more. The trailer for the backstory was pretty good as well.