Eagerly Awaiting Aion, But Is It The Game For Me?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Well, I'm in the same situation as the OP, the difference is that i never played a p2p before.

Aion itself seems OK, but so did WAR, remember when everybody was so like... WAR = WOW killer? and hey it's the best game evahh ? Well, it didn't happen.

Well, at least OP can play WoW, and in my situation I don't really have any p2p to join, (it's dumb to start playing wow now, FFXI seems kinda old, AoC doesn't seem to have a good population, WAR same thing, and hmm.... EVE it is just impossible to be "high level" in that game now due to it's system)

Can't really think of any others.

Oh and btw, a little off-topic but it is very important for me to know this.
    A few days ago i saw a Youtube review of Aion, and the guy said something about the collectors edition had more flight time or something, and according to him, it had an advantage in pvp.
    Is that right? I mean..... if I am going to play a p2p then I want equality, otherwise I would just play a f2p and get pwned by cash shoppers...

Oh, and my guess.... I think Aion will fail, nothing against the game really, it seems good, I just think it will end up like WAR.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

To me, it seems if you like playing with people, you'll enjoy the game and seeing that most people will start as newbies, you'll find plenty of people at low levels.

Although, I didn't play the beta/everything that they released so far and I never touched a P2P either so it really is up to you.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 19

There's is a main difference between Aion and WAR that people are forgetting. Aion is a completed game, WAR wasn't really that complete when it came out, and all the bugs + the situation with the BG(Forgot what they're called) kinda killed the game. Heck, the classes in WAR STILL aren't even close to being balanced.

The collector's edition isn't really that much of a benefit. You get about maybe 30 more seconds of flight time? But that will really only be apparent in the lower levels, as you level up, you get new wings(I think) and they'll increase your flight time.

My advice to you is to not let yourself get too hyped for it, but still, try it out anyway.
    ♥Emi Hinouchi♥
    Playing::
    League of Legends: Electric Tempest

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jhf180 View Post
    Pay to Play.
    Without doubt.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Didn't read the posts as I'm sure there might be a flamewar starting up, but here is my advice....follow your heart o:

No but seriously, I personally feel aion is awesome and I'm trying to scrounge up some money and stuffs for it (got a job and whatnot o just gotta wait till the end of the month then I can pay for the rest of it when it lets you for pre-orderer's lol..

Anyhow about the population thing...I'm with you there mate...beta in WAR was the best week of my life but then it released and 90% of the population dissipated into thin air...AoC I played a while but the pvp suffers badly on PvE and it's too hard to level without getting ganked constantly on pvp servers...

For Aion I would guarantee that is nothing to worry about....in china already the game has over 4 million subs, from what I understand WoW had about 5~6mil subs from china (before the whole lawsuit and whatnot)...so if you go by that you could expect Aion to have around 4~5million subs just from NA/EU...and if you don't know much about the numbers really anything over 1million from NA/EU is very good. (I believe WAR had 800k after a month or two back when there was about 3 or 4 servers with full/full)

But if your THAT worried about the population, just do what your going to do anyhow and wait about a month or two...go do BG's and whatnot until about a month after it comes out and see how well it's going.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10

I like the style of Aion, a bit like Lineage in my opinion. I will definiatly try it out eventhough it looks like it's Yet Another MMORPG.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Icharou - I think the main draw of Aion, is the aerial battle stuff and the flight. I'm hoping that the grind will be less on Aion, since I've read and heard it's less grindy than a lot of MMORPGs.

Anyone got an answer in that regard?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 347

Quote Originally Posted by erickblumb View Post
    Icharou - I think the main draw of Aion, is the aerial battle stuff and the flight. I'm hoping that the grind will be less on Aion, since I've read and heard it's less grindy than a lot of MMORPGs.

Anyone got an answer in that regard?
    It has quite a bit of grind, but some hardcoring asians reached max lvl like after 4 days so it can't be THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zaberisk2 View Post
    also, bodybuilders don´t eat healthy

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 31

Decent game. Worth the sub.

However, if 3rd party program and abusers bother you, you might pop a vein or two.
    No substitute for the king.
    Hilarious. I lost.

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 182

Quote Originally Posted by MrTingTing View Post
    It has quite a bit of grind, but some hardcoring asians reached max lvl like after 4 days so it can't be THAT bad.
    If the grind is on par with WoW, Aion might do fine. If it takes longer to lvl up than WoW, Aion will not be able to keep up with WoW and end up being around the lvls of AoC, War, and Lotro.

Onrpg will then ignore Aion and be hyping for ff14
    Currently best in:
    Mabinogi
    TF2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast