Eagerly Awaiting Aion, But Is It The Game For Me?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by Norsu View Post
    I preordered aion and tried in CB. I thought it was pretty decent game, like the pve was made easy, and I didnt really need to spend hours of finding something, due to the nice automatic pointing thing, where to go to complete quest, except for few bugged up quests.

I also thought the game was kinda nice straightforward, so it felt like I was playing kinda something that had maybe something like ongoing plot, or story, which was kinda nice for me, bit like in GW. The thing just is, that if the max level is like 50 or 60, and the leveling was at beginning easy, but seemed to become harder and harder every level, I am afraid that will kill this game for me.

I pretty much bought the game solely for the PvP, because I heard it has nice pvp, but if they force me to grind hours so that I can only be able to take part of the pvp-action, I probably will quit playing the game, because generally I don't enjoy grinding at all.
    level 25 is when PvP starts, for the most part you don't necessarily have to be max level when you pvp in abyss...but you will have a disadvantage. Really that is the only thing that worries me about this game lol but from the way I see it, after level 10 the combat gets fun and my friend got to level 20 and told me after level 14 is when it started taking around 45 minutes~an hour per level though he worked a lot on professions like cooking and stuff so really it probably won't be that bad until you get to the mid~high levels and by then the combat will be more enjoyable.

That's one thing that sort of got me into this game is the monster battles in this game are not easy, you have to pay attention or they will rip your heart out lol granted I was killing things one or two levels above me but they were extremely tough and I believe I died once or twice. But I'm sure if you get a party going it will be a lot more fun.

Wow I talk to much...>>
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 87

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    Guess you don't know much about the abyss? Chain skills?

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/gene...ow-balaur.html

Have a read if your interested, it's one of the recent patch notes that Aion is going to start on when it comes out.

I'm going to be fairly frank, the first 9 levels are pretty dull, it's once you hit level 10 and choose your second class + get more skills that the game starts to get fun. That said if you tried out the beta I'd say don't quit until you reach 10 or higher :x
    Actually I stopped at 13 because I got to 10 and figured that I can't fly almost anywhere. Game got extremely boring due to boring and uninspired skills, and dull environments.
    This space was conquered by...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 347

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Actually I stopped at 13 because I got to 10 and figured that I can't fly almost anywhere. Game got extremely boring due to boring and uninspired skills, and dull environments.
    boring skills? aion has some of the most impressive skills ever. you cant expect to have imba stuff at lowlvls. you should just stick to games like zhu xian

Quote Originally Posted by zaberisk2 View Post
    also, bodybuilders donīt eat healthy

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by MrTingTing View Post
    It has quite a bit of grind, but some hardcoring asians reached max lvl like after 4 days so it can't be THAT bad.
    Thanks, also thanks to everyone who weighed in about the grind. I'm liking the sound of Aion more and more. The trailer for the backstory was pretty good as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345