Ok, so I've decided on a game but need people to play with

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Default Ok, so I've decided on a game but need people to play with

I've been trying to find a freaking MMORPG that has people that are NOT anti-party (over 98% of them are anti-partyl) for example: FFXI is a perfect MMORPG that people party in (almost always able to get a party immediately regardless of level) Whereas iRO (and pretty much every other MMO in existance) have people who do not party at all until almost max level (half the time not even then). So, I've found one that I can play on my current system, that seems to have a semi-decent party friendly community. However, I'm looking for other people to play with me. The game I'm after is:

FlyFF

That is the only F2P MMORPG that has a party friendly community (I'm giving up on a mature community as long as I can get people to party with) and is not open world PvP. (PWI has a party friendly commuity but has open world PvP starting at level 30 same goes for Rappelz)

Now I know exactly how most of you here feel about FlyFF (I've been a lurker on these boards since around 2005) but I have little to no choice in the matter as long as I want to play MMORPGs (FYI I have played pretty much all the newer ones too: I'm in AION beta (well was before my other computer blew up) I have played DDO since it was released, I've played WAR and pretty much all the other ones, and I can safely say that the ONLY newer MMORPGs that have a party friendly community are WoW (albeit a rather immature one and I hated that game and have no intention of going back (it's been almost 5 years since I quit soooo....)) and DDO (this one was phenominal for a mature community who liked to party with everybody of all levels and skill ranges)

Anyway, back to the topic title: Anybody want to join me or am I stuck with randomly generated pick up groups?
    "Sslann has been hit for 989MB of critical memory damage by EverQuest2.exe" "Sslann has been killed by EverQuest2.exe!"

That would be what I say when I play EverQuest II and get the critical error saying "Application has run out of memory when requesting XXXMB of memory"

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

honestly FLYFF is all grind imo
    when i first tried the game i got to lvl 13

then i just recently downloaded again and gave it another try.. got to lvl 27..
    it basic grind 1-xx... i still have it on my desktop but i havent click on it for a week lol.

anyway at lvl 20 you get to FLY!!!!!!!!!!! woooHOOOoo..

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 15

^Agreed.

Maybe try a private server? There's a pretty popular one out there if you look around. <- Not suppose to talk about private servers here.

I think florensia was a party friendly game, but movement was pretty choppy, and gameplay seemed very slow.

Anyways goodluck.
    Currently Playing:
    N/A

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 19

flyff isnt rly a party game tbh i played for a long time and it was all 2 ppl partners and filling a party for extra exp so i often was in a duo but never with a full party cause the exp was just terrible with that many ppl around unless its changed which i doubt.

Ok, here's a question: How many of you people bring that mentality I'm reffering to into the MMO world with you? (MMO = console game with more features)

Because in my honest opinion, that is the exact mentality that 99% of the people I talk to in MMORPGs have. They don't care about interactive cooperation with other real people, I have a few quotes from a few MMORPGs that have stuck with me first being from GuildWars "I'll be honest with you, just use hnh unless you're doing a mission" (for those of you who don't know hnh = Henchmen and Heroes) the second being from EverQuest "Mercs can and will be more of an asset to you than real players" and the last being from iRO "EXP items defeat the purpose of parties and nobody here will party with anyone under 7x anyway"

On a side note: It seems like people refuse to party unless the devs make it so you MUST party to play the game (FFXI)
    Last edited by DraconicSupremacy; 08-09-2009 at 01:16 AM.
    "Sslann has been hit for 989MB of critical memory damage by EverQuest2.exe" "Sslann has been killed by EverQuest2.exe!"

That would be what I say when I play EverQuest II and get the critical error saying "Application has run out of memory when requesting XXXMB of memory"

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 180

I think dungeon and dragons is a great party game, i'd wait it out my friend, sept 9 is release date, I've only been playing till level 4( im close ok) and the game is all about partying up with people, interacting, it has in game voice chat, people, from my experience are very friendly.
    Check out my Twitch Stream, Click the Hot Girlz. CS:GO (Training).
    Don't take shit too seriously, because soon we'll all be in the grave

The problem with DDO is that I no longer have a computer that will run it (and getting a new one is not an option nor will it be for quite a while as I can't afford it hence why I'm resorting to F2P MMORPGs (I would go back to FFXI in a heartbeat but I can't afford it anymore))

To attemt to prevent any suggestions for MMORPGs that I can't even run I'll list my specs:

Intel Celeron 2.79GHz processor
    1GB PC3200 400MHz DDR RAM
    BFG GeForce 6200 256MB PCI video card (NOT PCI-E or AGP)

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

Turf battles is party mmorpg. Also it has a great wasd with jump movement system. Defntly one the best wasd movement mmorpg's out also lots can party. and u get benefit for party.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

If you like to party that much, go for assist.

They're always wanted for party
    SD Gundam OL HK - IgniterX

Turf Battles is open world PvP....

Quote Originally Posted by Gerblekiller View Post
    If you like to party that much, go for assist.

They're always wanted for party
    This is probably one of the biggest contributing factors to the anti-party populace: You MUST play a support character (healer and/or buffer) to have any hope of being in a party, yet nobody will party with a support class until they have decent support skills (iRO Acolytes will never get a party until they change into a Priest)

The other big contributing factors I'm noticing is

A) the devs don't give any incentive to party whatsoever (you get HUGE exp reductions for each person in a party)

The devs introduce things that contribute to the above problem (Henchmen, Mercenaries etc)

C) And lastly the forced class problem I mentioned (You MUST play a healer to get into a party) What about people who don't like playing as healers? Aren't games played because they're fun? If you're forced to play a class you hate how is that fun?
    Last edited by DraconicSupremacy; 08-09-2009 at 01:41 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast